Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 14, 2020 at 8:55 AM Post #19,891 of 62,435
That's supposed to be the case. But when I have AAC on, I get the weird clipping/swirling type sound from drums. Like a super low bit rate sound. "Artifacts" maybe? I notice it instantaneously when I turn AAC on. It does not sound as good as SBC on my Pixel 3a at least.
Default SBC on android sounds terrible for me. But if you have Magisk installed, try install module BT stack audio bitrate changer for SBC. This works excelent even with my old phone and if I turn aptx off, then SBC now uses 576kbit/s. This is big improvement in SQ, very close to aptx and definitely significantly better than AAC implemented on android.

Feb 14, 2020 at 9:02 AM Post #19,892 of 62,435
Hahah honestly that person was probably me. I’ve been raving about them since I got my hands on them.

For ANC w good sound, seems like the best option is the Sony so far. The Sennheiser Momentem TWS 2 with ANC don’t seem like they’re coming out till May. Not sure when Bose is finally gonna release the true wireless 700s. Seems like the Cleer Ally Plus are getting some praise if you’re able to deal w no track skipping capability.
oh wow, I hadn't heard about the Sennheiser Momentem TWS 2's! I can't wait to order them, thanks

Feb 14, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #19,893 of 62,435
Default SBC on android sounds terrible for me. But if you have Magisk installed, try install module BT stack audio bitrate changer for SBC. This works excelent even with my old phone and if I turn aptx off, then SBC now uses 576kbit/s. This is big improvement in SQ, very close to aptx and definitely significantly better than AAC implemented on android.
You can increase the bitrate all you want, but the usual SBC artifacts won't go away, specially that noise around 5kHz while 20Hz-200Hz frequencies are playing...

Feb 14, 2020 at 12:55 PM Post #19,894 of 62,435
I haven't noticed that, but it's possible, I mostly use aptx. I just tried it and I was surprised it worked.

Feb 14, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #19,895 of 62,435
Been away for a while. feels good to be back. :wink: I still have about 23 pages to catch up, but I wanted to say I got some Medium Misodiko memory foam tips and they are a godsend. been using my echobuds more lately and with the shorter tips the seal is incredible and they are really comfy. The sound of the Echo buds is seriously impressive.

Feb 14, 2020 at 3:42 PM Post #19,896 of 62,435
Still using cable, not wireless charging in 2020 .. eeeeuuuuuggghh :wink:
honestly, micro USB is still not a deal breaker for me ...

I keep having an itch to add a Sony XM3 to my collection ... already scouting 'cheap' places ... amazon.de has it for 180EU right now, e-earphone in Tokyo used for 153EU ... but I m not going to Japan anytime soon ... sigh ... need to curb my greed! (edit: eeeeekkkk ... found a local shop selling them for 47500LKR, which is 240EU / 260USD ... guess I have to be patient ... )

But ANC is just SO COOOOL ... came across an iOS app for mellow background noise called 'mynoise' ... that with ANC ... heavenly!
Just go for it - it is really that nice:)

Feb 14, 2020 at 3:58 PM Post #19,897 of 62,435
In praise of ANC: I went with family last weekend to a winter Scout camp, and logistics put me in a cabin with eight other dads. Right by my bunk, not just a little wheezing, but constant repeating basso profundo, wave-of-destruction snoring. In the middle of the night, with earplugs in and pillow wrapped around my head I remembered that my Bose wired ANC earbuds were in my pack pocket. Man, those things didn't merely abate the noise, but fully canceled it! Complete angelic silence.

I had to go out to the car to get the Li ion jump starter and slept with MacGyver-like wiring, but I wanted to relate this here in case anyone might find themselves in similar straights, camping or otherwise. The only TWS I know of that claims 8+ hours with ANC on are the Cleers (again sold out now), and given the situation would not require volume or music playback I'm inclined to believe that mfr battery claims might actually hold. If anyone knows of others I'm curious to know.

Feb 14, 2020 at 4:34 PM Post #19,898 of 62,435
In praise of ANC: I went with family last weekend to a winter Scout camp, and logistics put me in a cabin with eight other dads. Right by my bunk, not just a little wheezing, but constant repeating basso profundo, wave-of-destruction snoring. In the middle of the night, with earplugs in and pillow wrapped around my head I remembered that my Bose wired ANC earbuds were in my pack pocket. Man, those things didn't merely abate the noise, but fully canceled it! Complete angelic silence.

I had to go out to the car to get the Li ion jump starter and slept with MacGyver-like wiring, but I wanted to relate this here in case anyone might find themselves in similar straights, camping or otherwise. The only TWS I know of that claims 8+ hours with ANC on are the Cleers (again sold out now), and given the situation would not require volume or music playback I'm inclined to believe that mfr battery claims might actually hold. If anyone knows of others I'm curious to know.

The edifier tws nb has something crazy like 11 hours, the only thing is they don't look comfortable for sleeping...

Feb 14, 2020 at 7:30 PM Post #19,899 of 62,435
The edifier tws nb has something crazy like 11 hours, the only thing is they don't look comfortable for sleeping...

11 is with ANC off. Only 5 with the ANC on.

Feb 14, 2020 at 8:40 PM Post #19,900 of 62,435
The reviews on the GBuds+ seems to be coming in on the net, and i think it's a great improvement over the GBuds on the call quality (one of the primary complain about the older one). I even think it's better than the Airpods Pro and the 75T for calls (based on youtube videos).
But i personally going to pass on upgrading, because i rarely take calls anyway nowadays, and also my XM3 call quality has greatly improved after the last FW update if ever i need to take any calls.
The older Gbuds is still sufficient for me for daily use

Feb 14, 2020 at 8:44 PM Post #19,901 of 62,435
11 is with ANC off. Only 5 with the ANC on.

Wow..that's a substantial drop..considering other ANC that i have would drop from around 7 hours (no ANC) to around 5-6 hours with ANC on. I was expecting that the Edifier would do above 7 hours with ANC at least

Feb 14, 2020 at 10:31 PM Post #19,903 of 62,435
I don't think there is any tws that uses AptxHD or LDAC yet. I could be wrong tho. Even sony xm3 doesn't use LDAC which is truly a missed opportunity. The closest one to tws setup that have AptxHD is the KZ bluetooth cable and it does sound really good tho range is a bit meh like most KZ bluetooth.
Hey I just saw Sony is coming out with WH1000-XM4... maybe they’ll have new buds too with LDAC and better water resistance https://www.whathifi.com/us/news/sony-wh-1000xm4-release-date-leaks-and-all-of-the-news

Feb 15, 2020 at 7:00 AM Post #19,905 of 62,435
Why are the most expensive brands using NFMI? Jabra, Sennheiser, B&O... I have no problem hearing the artifacts with SBC on the left with the ones I've tried. (Elite 65T, MTW, E8 2.0)
I was about to buy the B&O E8 3.0 at almost $400 :scream: , but after reading they use NFMI I didn't.
I'm afraid the updated Senn' MTW 2 will use NFMI too... :frowning2:

When using my Lypertek Tevi, Tronsmart Spunky Beats, Anbes 359 and QCY T2C I don't hear this at all. No noise whatsoever.
What tech do they use? (I know I've asked this before, but didn't get an answer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back