Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 15, 2020 at 6:17 AM Post #18,616 of 62,439

Just received the T1X and took out some of my earbuds again.

The T1X has a lot of Positives: usb C, smaller & classy case, great isolation, touch controls.

Although the treble is clearer, I find the T1X voicing recessed, slightly veiled or distant. A deeper V sonic shape if I may. It lost the throaty voice of Joe Cocker ("you are so beautiful guitar version" ). The overall vol is also ~20% lower than mpow M5. As such, the sonic quality loses impact and power which is often not mentioned in earbuds but only in amplifier reviews. In summary, the weak voicing is what left it wanting.

I find Spunky beats voicing is at the other end of spectrum being a bit too forward and shouty - OK at lower vol, shrill at loud vol.
That said I even prefer the voicing of SSK.
To my ears, Mpow M5 and SSK are still my personal star performers. The Bose 700 in the center is feeling shy.
I agree folks may have different ears. :)

If you can get hold of the SoundMAGIC TWS50 I would be interested to know how they do against the SSK

Jan 15, 2020 at 8:56 AM Post #18,619 of 62,439
Ah, sounds like I should wait, but I really am looking at trying anc on a true wireless set.

With the combination of low passive isolation and anc would you put their overall noise isolation above a good passive isolating set, or not quite?

with the ANC on, when talking about high frequency cancelation, it's about on par with my DM6, or the QCY T1C, so I'd say it's a good average. certainly not Etymotic level of blocking, but not bad at all.

the difference is low freq cancelation. the thing is, no matter how good passive blocking works, low freq vibration would still be heard, only ANC can eliminate low freq noise.

and usually we would hear our own heart beat with standard passive blocking IEMs. the BQC35 has a shallow insertion like the Nillkin, so no heart beat sound, but still able to achieve good cancelation.

if you want to wait, it would be safer, because i think ANC would be the next battleground/race between the TWSs, so there would be lots of new option available in the coming wave of products.

Jan 15, 2020 at 9:30 AM Post #18,620 of 62,439
So the T1X from Geekbuying Italy are in, that was really fast as I ordered them less than 48 hours ago!

I swapped the right tip for the large size and it looks good for now. As I was hoping the wings (still on the medium) do the job and unlike virtually all the non-winged IEMs I've used they stay put and the seal has not broken - > Priceless! Yet another confirmation that I will never buy other IEMs that don't have a wing option :wink: Isolation is good, not great but probably the best you can get without ANC and deep insertion (which I hate).

They do feal a bit "cheap" with their driver flex when inserting, hadn't heard that for a very long time...I hope it won't get worse with time. I also has some "static" (not straight white noise as it "flutters") in the right ear. Not noticeable when listening to music fortunately.

SQ is good as has been discussed here, not as immersive as the L2Ps unfortunately, might have missed comments about this? More listening needed.

Where has the app gone? Nothing on the play store and no mention on their site. Thanks to the bizarre name (makes for a nice logo I suppose) it's impossible to do a fruitful Google search too. Anyone got a link? Thanks!

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2020 at 9:51 AM Post #18,621 of 62,439
You lucked out. Mad at myself for canceling to use the code. Amazon wouldn’t give me the price. Let us know how you like em.
I canceled my order as well, but with different reason. I'm comparing Aviot te-bd21f with Nuarl N6 pro, and prefer Aviot in every way, especially fit and comfort. The bass is more textured and tight to my liking, and the highs are sparkly yet not harsh at all. The mids are a bit more forward than N6 pro, making N6p a deeper sound stage, but difference is small. Both of them have top SQ in TWS, rivaling against wired IEM in the same price range, with Aviot a little bit ahead. I don't believe 2BA of mifo O7 can beat 2BA+1DD of Aviot, so I don't see any use case for them, despite the good deal. From now on I may wait for Aptx-HD or LDAC to show up in TWS.

Jan 15, 2020 at 9:55 AM Post #18,622 of 62,439
Jan 15, 2020 at 10:47 AM Post #18,623 of 62,439
Anyone else with the N6 noticed serious driver flex? I just popped them in again today and they have some serious movement. I mostly notice it when i'm putting them in or taking them out, but sometimes when I chew gum. The N6 pro doesn't to have this issue. Oddly enough I went to compare them vs. my T1x's, but my T1x's don't have any flex. Granted I got them a while ago.

Jan 15, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #18,624 of 62,439
I canceled my order as well, but with different reason. I'm comparing Aviot te-bd21f with Nuarl N6 pro, and prefer Aviot in every way, especially fit and comfort. The bass is more textured and tight to my liking, and the highs are sparkly yet not harsh at all. The mids are a bit more forward than N6 pro, making N6p a deeper sound stage, but difference is small. Both of them have top SQ in TWS, rivaling against wired IEM in the same price range, with Aviot a little bit ahead. I don't believe 2BA of mifo O7 can beat 2BA+1DD of Aviot, so I don't see any use case for them, despite the good deal. From now on I may wait for Aptx-HD or LDAC to show up in TWS.

How do the sound signatures compare between the N6 Pro and the bd21f? Is the Aviot warmer than the Nuarl?

Jan 15, 2020 at 10:54 AM Post #18,625 of 62,439
Anyone else with the N6 noticed serious driver flex? I just popped them in again today and they have some serious movement. I mostly notice it when i'm putting them in or taking them out, but sometimes when I chew gum. The N6 pro doesn't to have this issue. Oddly enough I went to compare them vs. my T1x's, but my T1x's don't have any flex. Granted I got them a while ago.

I noticed last night that the regular N6 has driver flex in the right earpiece when inserting, but I haven't had issues when moving my jaw around. I also have found the N6 Pro doesn't have any driver flex.

Jan 15, 2020 at 11:14 AM Post #18,627 of 62,439
I noticed last night that the regular N6 has driver flex in the right earpiece when inserting, but I haven't had issues when moving my jaw around. I also have found the N6 Pro doesn't have any driver flex.
They have almost the same sound sig. They have the same warmth in mids, while Aviot have cleaner, more detailed bass and more sparkly highs, so overall Aviot is perceived as less warm. What I'm impressed about Aviot, from their te-d01b to te-bd21f, is their careful tuning that avoid the harshness. As a long time fan of Nuarl, I'll say I'm more into Aviot now. Those Japanese small companies are really experts in sounds.

Jan 15, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #18,628 of 62,439
They have almost the same sound sig. They have the same warmth in mids, while Aviot have cleaner, more detailed bass and more sparkly highs, so overall Aviot is perceived as less warm. What I'm impressed about Aviot, from their te-d01b to te-bd21f, is their careful tuning that avoid the harshness. As a long time fan of Nuarl, I'll say I'm more into Aviot now. Those Japanese small companies are really experts in sounds.

Thanks for the detailed impressions. Man, I'd love to try the Aviot but I don't love the price that Amazon is charging and the fact that I'm worried about returns since they're shipping from Japan. Hopefully Aviot will sell them in the US so we can get a version with English vocal prompts.

Jan 15, 2020 at 11:53 AM Post #18,629 of 62,439
So the T1X from Geekbuying Italy are in, that was really fast as I ordered them less than 48 hours ago!

I swapped the right tip for the large size and it looks good for now. As I was hoping the wings (still on the medium) do the job and unlike virtually all the non-winged IEMs I've used they stay put and the seal has not broken - > Priceless! Yet another confirmation that I will never buy other IEMs that don't have a wing option :wink: Isolation is good, not great but probably the best you can get without ANC and deep insertion (which I hate).

They do feal a bit "cheap" with their driver flex when inserting, hadn't heard that for a very long time...I hope it won't get worse with time. I also has some "static" (not straight white noise as it "flutters") in the right ear. Not noticeable when listening to music fortunately.

SQ is good as has been discussed here, not as immersive as the L2Ps unfortunately, might have missed comments about this? More listening needed.

Where has the app gone? Nothing on the play store and no mention on their site. Thanks to the bizarre name (makes for a nice logo I suppose) it's impossible to do a fruitful Google search too. Anyone got a link? Thanks!

Still can't track down the Android app but I found the iOS version on my iPad and played with it. I activated Low Latency in spite of the compatibility warnings and haven't noticed any problems since. I was a bit disappointed to find that the EQ is like on the L2P pre-update, i.e. no adjustment of frequencies, just bass/normal/treble and some additional presets that didn't sound very interesting. I'd like a way to reduce treble a bit as I find it a tad harsh, maybe the "burn in" offered by the app will help.

I doubt it will help with the "fluttering static" in the right ear as it sounds like a shielding issue, anyone has that with theirs ?

Jan 15, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #18,630 of 62,439

As one of the original NT01AX fans, I'm in a special hell right now of hearing you all try them - but since I'm now living on an island - Amazon won't ship them to me. I've been trying to figure out whether to get the N6 or N6 Pro drop-shipped, but now these Aviot's sound pretty interesting. I don't love the look of the case, but it may appear to be larger in pictures than in real life.

May I know where you bought your Aviot's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back