Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 14, 2020 at 11:13 AM Post #18,572 of 62,423
I was also looking at "glossy" foam tips as I liked the version that came with the Jabra Elite Sport for isolation (and grip) and in fact it seems that "New Bee" also make some : https://www.amazon.co.uk/Replacement-New-Bee-Earbuds-4-5mm-6-3mm-S-M-L/dp/B07RXN1HGG that look a lot like the FEYCH except they're only available as a S/M/L combo kit.
So I received the "New Bee" foam tips that look glossy in the pictures but...in fact they're not much "glossier" than Complys, and are not the "hard foam" tips that shipped with the Jabra Elite Sport at all. I was hoping I could use them with the Bomaker Sifi but it seems not as they make them protrude way too much. Same with the M5s. But like the Complys they just suck the life out of the music too by just "muffling" the sound compared to Silicone tips (obvious when listening with different tips at the same time). Note to self : stop trying to use foam tips :wink:

Jan 14, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #18,573 of 62,423
Anyone tried the Dyplay ANC Shield? :) Tempted to get a pair but I don't think they'll make it through Chinese customs before the New Year :frowning2:

O1CN01fd30Q82GaFRyLANeh_!!4120189031.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2020 at 12:01 PM Post #18,574 of 62,423
i did a little comparison between both of them a few pages back

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/goi...e-we-there-yet.861024/page-1225#post-15408072

for me, both the XM3 and BQC35 worth their price. i use the BQC35 for gym use, running, and motorcycle rides.. well, basically for more "beater ANC" uses, while the XM3 for travelling and mostly indoor listening. what we paid more on the XM3 are for better sound, ANC, and app support, but the BQC35 also edges out the XM3 for better fit.

so in short, @jfvny the BQC35 for me personally worth their price indeed

@RobinFood unfortunately it doesn't have ambient mode, although because the passive noise blocking is not too good compared to the XM3 (I'd say it's on par to the Nillkin Go) so with ANC off it kinda do "semi ambient" mode.

Thanks a lot for the comparison! Guess I'll be watching these for a price drop to be used just for flights

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #18,575 of 62,423
Great thx! I actually do enjoy the T5's sound sig so I might just give the SP's a shot. Looking forward to your shootout impressions.
If you do try the SoundPeats TE, I'd be interested to see what your impressions are. I had them a while back and they sounded bad, really bad (hollow, 1k spike) and @d3myz and myself pretty much heard it the same (we don't necessarily have the same preferences, either). It entirely possible they have since revised them.

Jan 14, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #18,576 of 62,423
If you do try the SoundPeats TE, I'd be interested to see what your impressions are. I had them a while back and they sounded bad, really bad (hollow, 1k spike) and @d3myz and myself pretty much heard it the same (we don't necessarily have the same preferences, either). It entirely possible they have since revised them.

Ah, now I remember why I avoided it and it was cuz of your feedback (I think we have similar sound sig preferences). Let me play with the two I have inbound first and then I'll see about this one. Thx for chiming in!

Jan 14, 2020 at 1:18 PM Post #18,577 of 62,423
No iem ive tried has done that on a plane and I usually have to jack the volume.

My Klipsch X11s with Comply tips are pretty much silent. I was on a plane and during the flight there was a medical emergency. I had no idea, heard nothing. Of course I was watching Daredevil on Netflix, which was pretty captivating.

looking for TWS to replace the X11s as I’m tired of the wire. Reading through my focus is on the N6Pro. Anyone do a direct compare of them or similar?

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #18,579 of 62,423
giphy.gif

Jan 14, 2020 at 3:35 PM Post #18,581 of 62,423
Of course now that I’m traveling a bit, I’m eyeing some Bose 700s. Go big or go home right? Anyone have any opinions on NC over ears? The Sony is too bloated for me. Definitely want something a little more balanced.

I'm a little late in responding, but my wife travels probably 4-5 months out of the year and has the QC35II, and a buddy has the WH XM2 so I've heard both. I have to agree the Sony over-ear cans are too bassy for my taste but I think the ANC is better. For some reason when I put on the QC35II there's an immediate uncomfortable pressure that verges on being painful, but my wife has zero issue with this so YMMV. However, the Bose has a slightly warm but mostly neutral sound signature. I was surprised they were as good as they are in terms of SQ.

Jan 14, 2020 at 4:42 PM Post #18,582 of 62,423
My Mifo o7's arrived today - I can't comment (yet) on the avg battery life, but I have had at least 5 hours use without a charge to break them in and they are still going strong ...

The main reason for my reply however is to share my thoughts on their sound quality - Wow am I impressed ... I mean very impressed ...

I am new to this forum but wanted to share my thoughts on the Mifo's - I am a bit of a TWS junkie and have bought / sold / returned approx 20 different brands in various price ranges over the past 18 months or so but the standout brands are ...
- Sennheiser Momentum (returned - 9/10 sound - plagued with connectivity issues and a below average battery life)
- Sony 1000XM3 (returned - 8/10 sound - couldn't get a good fit / seal, too big and uncomfortable for me - ANC was impressive though)
- RHA TrueConnect (sold - 8/10 sound - couldn't get a good fit / seal, average battery life)
- Pamu slide (sold - 7/10 sound - poor fit, charging case way too large)
- Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro (sold - 7/10 sound - too reliant on the app with its 22 sound profiles and I couldn't find one I liked, Hear ID is a gimmick imo - great fit and finish though!)
- Sabbat E12 Ultra (still own these - 7/10 sound - a little too "V" shaped with an over emphasised low end - I really like the low profile and fit / comfort though)
- Lypertek Tevi (still own these - 9/10 sound - I love the near neutral sound signature of these - still slightly "V" shaped but there is so much detail and separation with decent bass - these were my favourites until today !!)

Back to the Mifo o7 - I probably need to spend more time with them, but having swapped them back-and-forth with the Tevi's today - I have to say I think I prefer the Mifo's - they are very similar (neutral) sounding but I think the Mifo's have a slightly softer (less harsh) treble.
They are also small and low profile and very comfortable - I was able to get a really good seal/fit.
The Mifo case is a work of art (but very heavy) but is let down by the weird hinge mechanism which isn't very precise - not a deal breaker but worth a mention.

Apologies for my rambling, but I hope my thoughts / notes were helpful.

Jan 14, 2020 at 5:00 PM Post #18,583 of 62,423
My Mifo o7's arrived today - I can't comment (yet) on the avg battery life, but I have had at least 5 hours use without a charge to break them in and they are still going strong ...

The main reason for my reply however is to share my thoughts on their sound quality - Wow am I impressed ... I mean very impressed ...

I am new to this forum but wanted to share my thoughts on the Mifo's - I am a bit of a TWS junkie and have bought / sold / returned approx 20 different brands in various price ranges over the past 18 months or so but the standout brands are ...
- Sennheiser Momentum (returned - 9/10 sound - plagued with connectivity issues and a below average battery life)
- Sony 1000XM3 (returned - 8/10 sound - couldn't get a good fit / seal, too big and uncomfortable for me - ANC was impressive though)
- RHA TrueConnect (sold - 8/10 sound - couldn't get a good fit / seal, average battery life)
- Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro (sold - 7/10 sound - too reliant on the app with its 22 sound profiles and I couldn't find one I liked, Hear ID is a gimmick imo - great fit and finish though!)
- Sabbat E12 Ultra (still own these - 7/10 sound - a little too "V" shaped with an over emphasised low end - I really like the low profile and fit / comfort though)
- Lypertek Tevi (still own these - 9/10 sound - I love the near neutral sound signature of these - still slightly "V" shaped but there is so much detail and separation with decent bass - these were my favourites until today !!)

Back to the Mifo o7 - I probably need to spend more time with them, but having swapped them back-and-forth with the Tevi's today - I have to say I think I prefer the Mifo's - they are very similar (neutral) sounding but I think the Mifo's have a slightly softer (less harsh) treble.
They are also small and low profile and very comfortable - I was able to get a really good seal/fit.
The Mifo case is a work of art (but very heavy) but is let down by the weird hinge mechanism which isn't very precise - not a deal breaker but worth a mention.

Thanks for the feedback. I was curious about the sound signature, given it's a dual BA setup, and it sounds like it's on the neutral side and is not a good choice for bass fiends, but a good option for clarity/detail.

Jan 14, 2020 at 5:16 PM Post #18,584 of 62,423
Thanks for the feedback. I was curious about the sound signature, given it's a dual BA setup, and it sounds like it's on the neutral side and is not a good choice for bass fiends, but a good option for clarity/detail.

Good point, the Mifo 07's that I purchased are the dual BA model (they also sell a single driver option) ...

Yes, these are on the neutral side, not a flat signature, but certainly not for bass heads - as a comparison, the Liberty 2 Pro's which are also a dual driver setup, are much more bass emphasised ...

Jan 14, 2020 at 5:27 PM Post #18,585 of 62,423
Anyone tried the Dyplay ANC Shield? :) Tempted to get a pair but I don't think they'll make it through Chinese customs before the New Year :frowning2:

O1CN01fd30Q82GaFRyLANeh_!!4120189031.jpg

I have their other product (BQC35). Try asking them ehich one is better in terms of sound and ANC. The BQC35 is quite good, and i suspect they are one of the same, but in different shell. If Dyplay can confirm those two are the same, or better yet, the Shield is better, then it's worth the price.

Two of the reviews on the BQC35 in AE said that their unit has a slight hiss when music is not playing. My unit is safe and practically silent, but it's a problem to keep in mind if you decided to purchase it (also a mention to @jfvny and @RobinFood )

Some reviewers in youtube said their Mifo o7 clips/distorts when listening on loud volume..does your unit has similar problems?

Also, have you by any chance have tried the Galaxy buds too?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back