Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 7, 2020 at 1:51 PM Post #18,181 of 62,456
Like paying a couple of clowns to come to a kids birthday party.
lol. omg. I'm NOT laughing because I was thinking the exact same thing. definitely wasn't....

Jan 7, 2020 at 1:53 PM Post #18,182 of 62,456
I picked up the white Earfun Free's for around $40 because I wanted a pair to use in the shower (since I can't get any waterproof speaker to sound even halfway decent during a shower). These are IPX 7, usb-c with wireless charging, and I am totally happy with the sound. It's like a cleaner, clearer Ofusho F16: plenty of bass, though it doesn't muddy things up. They are a bit on the fat side, but bear in mind I have a pea-sized head too.

Now to test those waterproof claims.

They are a rock-solid, great "bang for the buck" pair of TWS earphones.

Jan 7, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #18,183 of 62,456
All right, I am giving the MiFo 07s a try. Specs look good. Dual BA drivers (will there be enough bass?), IPX7 and some form of noise cancelling.

was just looking at the mifo 07s. I love my 05s. Let us know what you think!

Jan 7, 2020 at 2:03 PM Post #18,184 of 62,456
Nuarl n6 pro showed up this morning. just listened to them for a few mins. will post once i've had a chance to listen to them for a while. The voice prompts and pairing process are 100% identical to the ofusho F16, Tevi and T5..
love the button placement, that volume can be adjusted on each iem, but they don't seem to have track navigation. Could be user error though.

Jan 7, 2020 at 2:10 PM Post #18,186 of 62,456
I just received the Mavin XR-Qi today but it is likely that I will be returning them as the announcements are not in English as has been previously reported. The other two dealbreakers are that the stabilizers must be removed in order to fit the phones in the charging case and IMO, the sound quality is not as good as the Air-X. They seem to lack the air and dynamics that I hear with the Air-X, sounding rather thick and uninvolving in comparison. I can say that the case is very tiny and build quality is more impressive than the Air-X but in the end, the sound doesn't warrant them being keepers.

FWIW, I contacted support through Amazon and they sent me a message back last night saying the wrong batch got shipped to Amazon and distributed before they could recall them in regards to the Japanese voice notifications. They said to return them to Amazon and that they have the English version in stock.

Your sound impressions are similar to my own. I find the original Air-X to be superior in sound, and it took using Comply foams with the XR to get them sounding close. I didn't find the thickness so much as they sounded really intimate and forward without any space.

Jan 7, 2020 at 2:38 PM Post #18,187 of 62,456
Some of the sales guys on my team say stuff all the time that's not true, so I have to go and do damage control and hope the clients don't jump ship on us.

God, this sounds waaaaay too familiar. Gotta love sales: they stick around for a year or two, cause lots of problems, then leave after they've thoroughly annoyed every product manager and burned all bridges within the company.

Jan 7, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #18,189 of 62,456
Well - I hurriedly cancelled my order when I saw them on ebay for $95 bucks. Now they are showing as unavailable on Amazon and the ebay sellers seem sketchy.:persevere:

I have a set. They sound pretty close to the Shanling MTW100, with a bit more clarity due to the extra BA; giving it more headroom and better extension. The case is metal and fairly solid. But again, the holders where the ear tips recess into are shallow and I've found only the stock tips fit in the case so far. Typical BA sound, very neutral, the bass is certainly not too strong, sound is more akin to a smaller dual BA like a Knowles GQ or Sonion Acupass(unvented), though I believe it's a custom BA from Bellsing. Regardless, the mid clarity is very good.

Jan 7, 2020 at 3:35 PM Post #18,190 of 62,456
Okay here we go, my review of the Nuarl N6 Pros after 5 days of use:

It took me a few days to realize what I was listening to, but now I'm going to just come out and say it: the N6 Pros are pound for pound the best sounding true wireless earbuds I've heard to date, and I've heard a ton. That does not necessarily mean that everyone will love the sound signature, but I do think Nuarl have managed to pull off something special. The N6 Pros have allowed me to experience the convenience of TWS while also being able to appreciate the details and subtleties of my music. While not cheap ($160 on Amazon right now), this is the first set that I would say comes close to audiophile-grade, though I know that's a loaded term. On top of that, they've been a joy to use, even though they might not have all the new bells and whistles that a lot of new TWS are touting these days. Let's get into the full breakdown.

Sound Quality: The sound quality of the N6 Pros is the star of the show. I would describe the sound signature as precise, crisp and refined. They present the listener with a highly detailed, balanced musical experience, with bass that is super clean and punches with air. They're a bit more laid back than something like the Liberty 2 Pros, which are very in-your-face, and don't have the L2P's enveloping resonant bass, but they're much more accurate and faithful to the music (don't get me wrong though, I'm not throwing the L2Ps away any time soon, still love them). The real difference here is the timbre, realism, and imaging that the N6 Pros are able to produce. When listening to music, I can visualize drums being smacked, guitars being plucked, and pianos being struck. Nothing sounds distorted or unnatural. I'm not saying that these rival some of the higher-end wired sets that I've tried, but the N6 Pros are at least worthy of such a comparison.

Bass: The bass is exceptionally clean and deep. While not overly powerful or resonant, it's consistent from the upper bass range down to the lower range in both attack and quality. The lowest bass notes are discernible and clear, and never muddy up the overall sound. Further, there is a very solid mid-bass punch that makes genres such as hip-hop, edm, and jazz feel alive and never dull. The punch even arrives with a bit of air that provides a unique and satisfying quality. A lot of true wireless and even wired earbuds that attempt an "audiophile" sound signature end up squashing the bass, rendering much of my favorite music feeling lackluster. This was not the case here. Even though some may want a bit more bass in their music (and I definitely love my bass), I would not call the N6 Pros bass-light. If you can, I really recommend EQing for a bass preference sound, as I felt these responded to EQ brilliantly and without distortion. On the whole, the clarity, extension and punchiness of the bass make up for the lack of resonance in my view.

Mids: The mids are just phenomenal not just for a TWS set, but for an IEM period. They're pushed a little forward in the mix so vocals and mid-range instruments have excellent presence. The detail in the mids is great, and I never experienced any muddiness even on super busy tracks. The tonality is absolutely top notch, with breathy and emotional vocals, plucky bass guitars, sharp and smooth brass, and refined string instrumental presentation. As I said earlier, the realism is fantastic. Even on busy electronic focused tracks, there's perceptible variation and texture in the different sounds that the artist either sampled or created. There is excellent instrument separation and the imaging is hands-down the best I've heard on a TWS. While the soundstage is not huge (slightly wider than the L2Ps and less wide than the MW07s or MTWs), every instrument is given its clear, logical, rightful place in the mix. Fantastic mid-forward presentation.

Highs: The highs are some of the most detailed that I've heard on a TWS. Even at the highest registers, they always come through with clarity and crispiness. The timbre is also excellent. I know I harp on it a lot on this thread, but often on TWS sets cymbals can sound tinny or grating and compressed. I found this to be an issue even on sets I've liked such as the Airpod Pros or occasionally the Liberty 2 Pros. On the N6 Pros however, cymbals sound exactly like cymbals should, with great attack and decay. There is definitely some brightness in the treble that can verge on harshness which may be an issue for some, particularly out of the box without EQ. I did feel however that after 3-4 days of burn-in, the sound warmed up a bit and the harshness dissipated somewhat at least for me. After some treble-lowering EQ, the inherent brightness meant that treble really comes through and shimmers on every track. All in all, the detail retrieval in the highs is at or near the top of the food chain, even when compared with TWS that are twice the price.

Another thing I wanted to state as a general point for the sound is that the dynamics are also surprisingly good. You can actually hear crescendos when they occur in music, adding nice emotion to what could be perceived as a flat-ish sound signature.

Overall, the N6 Pros are a turning point for TWS in my opinion. It's taken longer than expected for true wireless earbuds to really match wired IEMs, but for once I would pick these up over some of my wired buds just purely for their sound quality. I do think that these benefit greatly from bass-favored EQ, and perhaps some damping down on the highs, but if you can handle the brightness or don't want a set that might need EQ (both totally legitimate concerns) these are my new TWS king for sound quality. I'm not sure if it's the carbon nanotube driver, or the HDSS implementation, but these are a big step in the right direction for TWS.

Look/Fit: Starting with fit, I know this is very subjective, but for someone with small ears these are some of the more comfortable TWS I've used. Been able to use them continuously for many hours straight without issue. That being said, I also find the L2Ps comfortable and I know a lot of people have issues with those so take my opinion here with a grain of salt. One thing I would mention is that there are a ton of great tips included here (I'm using the small SpinFits). In terms of the look and feel, I absolutely love how these look. They're on the larger side, but I find that they look great in the ear and don't stick out too much. They also have this really nice soft touch material on the outside and a gold trim that makes them look and feel super premium.

Extra Features: The N6 Pros don't have fancy technological features like ANC or ambient listening modes. That being said, they doing all of the simple things right. They have great, clicky button controls that control everything on both sides, and the buttons are situated on the top of the earbuds so that you're not pressing them into your ears when accessing the functions. They also have great noise-isolation, particularly with the SpinFits even without ANC. No pass-through is a bummer, but I can live with it.

Battery: 11 hours of battery life. Not sure I need to say anything more about it. It's awesome. I used them for 5-6 hours straight and had 65% charge left when I checked.

Case: The case is very solid. It has the same soft touch material as the outside of the N6 Pro earbuds, which is really nice. It's slightly bulky, but not big. The latch is a little loose, but seems sturdy. The magnets on the inside of the case are really strong though. Also it has really nice orange LEDs on the outside that give a good reading of the amount of battery left. It also does not need to be recharged a lot at all. I've yet to have to charge it again after 5 days since the initial charge and it's still got at least half capacity left as far as I can tell.

Microphone/Calls: The call quality is surprisingly good. People on the other end told me that they could hear a bit more background noise when I was walking around NYC than when I was using the Airpod Pros, but I never got any complaints about not being able to hear me even when it got windy or loud. I still need to test this more, but I've been more than happy with it so far and I talk on the phone a lot using TWS.

Connectivity: Some of the most solid connectivity that I've had using a TWS. I've experienced zero dropouts or bugs. It has all the standard codecs you would want, as well as HDSS. As such, I've experienced no latency when watching YouTube or Netflix on my iPhone and Windows laptop. Unfortunately no multi-point connection capacity so you have to manually switch between devices.

Conclusion: The Nuarl N6 Pros are my new favorite TWS set, particularly for critical listening. While it lacks some of the features like ANC, ambient listening, and an independent app EQ, that are becoming more prevalent in the TWS space, the fantastic sound quality, functionality, comfort, look, battery life, and connectivity more than make up for this (though it would definitely be nice to have independent app EQ). I'm super impressed and feel like this bodes really well for the ability of TWS to deliver premium audio quality going forward.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #18,192 of 62,456

Bring using them for 2 weeks now, pretty much agree with everything he says, but like I said before finding a right fit has been hard for me, as there's a whine when they move around cos of ANC.
2. Was on a plane yesterday, they removed the engine noice, but not like headphones.
3. Apps buggy as hell for me, have to sign in everytime I wanna change something.
4. Can't change the voice prompt to English.
5. Wish I could hold the touch pad and pass through get activated.

Have you used them for the gym?

Jan 7, 2020 at 3:51 PM Post #18,193 of 62,456
Nuarl n6 pro showed up this morning. just listened to them for a few mins. will post once i've had a chance to listen to them for a while. The voice prompts and pairing process are 100% identical to the ofusho F16, Tevi and T5..
love the button placement, that volume can be adjusted on each iem, but they don't seem to have track navigation. Could be user error though.
I'm assuming because it's the same Qualcomm 3020 or 3026 chipset? or are the a 5 series QC chipset?

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2020 at 3:51 PM Post #18,194 of 62,456

It took me a few days to realize what I was listening to, but now I'm going to just come out and say it: the N6 Pros are pound for pound the best sounding true wireless earbuds I've heard to date, and I've heard a ton. That does not necessarily mean that everyone will love the sound signature, but I do think Nuarl have managed to pull off something special. The N6 Pros have allowed me to experience the convenience of TWS while also being able to appreciate the details and subtleties of my music. While not cheap ($160 on Amazon right now), this is the first set that I would say comes close to audiophile-grade, though I know that's a loaded term. On top of that, they've been a joy to use, even though they might not have all the new bells and whistles that a lot of new TWS are touting these days. Let's get into the full breakdown.

Sound Quality: The sound quality of the N6 Pros is the star of the show. I would describe the sound signature as precise, crisp and refined. They present the listener with a highly detailed, balanced musical experience, with bass that is super clean and punches with air. They're a bit more laid back than something like the Liberty 2 Pros, which are very in-your-face, and don't have the L2P's enveloping resonant bass, but they're much more accurate and faithful to the music (don't get me wrong though, I'm not throwing the L2Ps away any time soon, still love them). The real difference here is the timbre, realism, and imaging that the N6 Pros are able to produce. When listening to music, I can visualize drums being smacked, guitars being plucked, and pianos being struck. Nothing sounds distorted or unnatural. I'm not saying that these rival some of the higher-end wired sets that I've tried, but the N6 Pros are at least worthy of such a comparison.

Bass: The bass is exceptionally clean and deep. While not overly powerful or resonant, it's consistent from the upper bass range down to the lower range in both attack and quality. The lowest bass notes are discernible and clear, and never muddy up the overall sound. Further, there is a very solid mid-bass punch that makes genres such as hip-hop, edm, and jazz feel alive and never dull. The punch even arrives with a bit of air that provides a unique and satisfying quality. A lot of true wireless and even wired earbuds that attempt an "audiophile" sound signature end up squashing the bass, rendering much of my favorite music feeling lackluster. This was not the case here. Even though some may want a bit more bass in their music (and I definitely love my bass), I would not call the N6 Pros bass-light. If you can, I really recommend EQing for a bass preference sound, as I felt these responded to EQ brilliantly and without distortion. On the whole, the clarity, extension and punchiness of the bass make up for the lack of resonance in my view.

Mids: The mids are just phenomenal not just for a TWS set, but for an IEM period. They're pushed a little forward in the mix so vocals and mid-range instruments have excellent presence. The detail in the mids is great, and I never experienced any muddiness even on super busy tracks. The tonality is absolutely top notch, with breathy and emotional vocals, plucky bass guitars, sharp and smooth brass, and refined string instrumental presentation. As I said earlier, the realism is fantastic. Even on busy electronic focused tracks, there perceptible variation and texture in the different sounds that the artist either sampled or created. There is excellent instrument separation and the imaging is hands-down the best I've heard on a TWS. While the soundstage is not huge (slightly wider than the L2Ps and less wide than the MW07s or MTWs), every instrument is given its clear, logical, rightful place in the mix. Fantastic mid-forward presentation.

Highs: The highs are some of the most detailed that I've heard on a TWS. Even at the highest registers, they always come through with clarity and crispiness. The timbre is also excellent. I know I harp on it a lot on this thread, but often on TWS sets cymbals can sound tinny or grating and compressed. I found this to be an issue even on sets I've liked such as the Airpod Pros or occasionally the Liberty 2 Pros. On the N6 Pros however, cymbals sound exactly like cymbals should, with great attack and decay. There is definitely some brightness in the treble that can verge on harshness which may be an issue for some, particularly out of the box without EQ. I did feel however that after 3-4 days of burn-in, the sound warmed up a bit and the harshness dissipated somewhat at least for me. After some treble-lowering EQ, the inherent brightness meant that treble really comes through and shimmers on every track. All in all, the detail retrieval in the highs is at or near the top of the food chain, even when compared with TWS that are twice the price.

Another thing I wanted to state as a general point for the sound is that the dynamics are also surprisingly good. You can actually hear crescendos when they occur in music, adding nice emotion to what could be perceived as a flat-ish sound signature.

Overall, the N6 Pros are a turning point for TWS in my opinion. It's taken longer than expected for true wireless earbuds to really match wired IEMs, but for once I would pick these up over some of my wired buds just purely for their sound quality. I do think that these benefit greatly from bass-favored EQ, and perhaps some damping down on the highs, but if you can handle the brightness or don't want a set that might need EQ (both totally legitimate concerns) these are my new TWS king for sound quality. I'm not sure if it's the carbon nanotube driver, or the HDSS implementation, but these are a big step in the right direction for TWS.

Look/Fit: Starting with fit, I know this is very subjective, but for someone with small ears these are some of the more comfortable TWS I've used. Been able to use them continuously for many hours straight without issue. That being said, I also find the L2Ps comfortable and I know a lot of people have issues with those so take my opinion here with a grain of salt. One thing I would mention is that there are a ton of great tips included here (I'm using the small SpinFits). In terms of the look and feel, I absolutely love how these look. They're on the larger side, but I find that they look great in the ear and don't stick out too much. They also have this really nice soft touch material on the outside and a gold trim that makes them look and feel super premium.

Extra Features: The N6 Pros don't have fancy technological features like ANC or ambient listening modes. That being said, they doing all of the simple things right. They have great, clicky button controls that control everything on both sides, and the buttons are situated on the top of the earbuds so that you're not pressing them into your ears when accessing the functions. They also have great noise-isolation, particularly with the SpinFits even without ANC. No pass-through is a bummer, but I can live with it.

Battery: 11 hours of battery life. Not sure I need to say anything more about it. It's awesome. I used them for 5-6 hours straight and had 65% charge left when I checked.

Case: The case is very solid. It has the same soft touch material as the outside of the N6 Pro earbuds, which is really nice. It's slightly bulky, but not big. The latch is a little loose, but seems sturdy. The magnets on the inside of the case are really strong though. Also it has really nice orange LEDs on the outside that give a good reading of the amount of battery left. It also does not need to be recharged a lot at all. I've yet to have to charge it again after 5 days since the initial charge and it's still got at least half capacity left as far as I can tell.

Microphone/Calls: The call quality is surprisingly good. People on the other end told me that they could hear a bit more background noise when I was walking around NYC than when I was using the Airpod Pros, but I never got any complaints about not being able to hear me even when it got windy or loud. I still need to test this more, but I've been more than happy with it so far and I talk on the phone a lot using TWS.

Connectivity: Some of the most solid connectivity that I've had using a TWS. I've experienced zero dropouts or bugs. It has all the standard codecs you would want, as well as HDSS. As such, I've experienced no latency when watching YouTube or Netflix on my iPhone and Windows laptop. Unfortunately no multi-point connection capacity so you have to manually switch between devices.

Conclusion: The Nuarl N6 Pros are my new favorite TWS set, particularly for critical listening. While it lacks some of the features like ANC, ambient listening, and an independent app EQ, that are becoming more prevalent in the TWS space, the fantastic sound quality, functionality, comfort, look, battery life, and connectivity more than make up for this (though it would definitely be nice to have independent app EQ). I'm super impressed and feel like this bodes really well for the ability of TWS to deliver premium audio quality going forward.

Okay - well I needed to buy something today so you've convinced me. Arriving Thursday.

Jan 7, 2020 at 3:53 PM Post #18,195 of 62,456

Mids: The mids are just phenomenal not just for a TWS set, but for an IEM period. They're pushed a little forward in the mix so vocals and mid-range instruments have excellent presence. The detail in the mids is great, and I never experienced any muddiness even on super busy tracks. The tonality is absolutely top notch, with breathy and emotional vocals, plucky bass guitars, sharp and smooth brass, and refined string instrumental presentation. As I said earlier, the realism is fantastic. Even on busy electronic focused tracks, there perceptible variation and texture in the different sounds that the artist either sampled or created. There is excellent instrument separation and the imaging is hands-down the best I've heard on a TWS. While the soundstage is not huge (slightly wider than the L2Ps and less wide than the MW07s or MTWs), every instrument is given its clear, logical, rightful place in the mix. Fantastic mid-forward presentation.

Great Review, my man! I like how it's very well thought out and organized, unlike anything i've ever madly rambled. So excited for these to get here today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back