Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 20, 2019 at 11:59 PM Post #15,871 of 62,820
Ok, quick first impression if the L2P no app just straight listening from my S9 phone.

Sonically speaking these are awesome, they sound as good as I could have hoped for and I haven't even tried the app yet. I am really regretting all the money I paid for my Momentum True Wireless.

I can tell just from first blush I will enjoy these more than my MTW, GBuds, Sony WF-SP700N and a few other cheaply TW's I have bought. This is just based on sound quality alone. I am playing with the tips and find but know these are going to super comfy.

Damn, I am IMPRESSED!
Glad you like them! They really make remastered classic rock sound spectacular.

Nov 21, 2019 at 12:27 AM Post #15,872 of 62,820
As I mentioned earlier, I was planning to see what other tips I can fit the jeet audio air plus. I decapitated the included small tips and installed the final audio e tips which are my favourite and are pretty much one of the largest out there with a longer bore. I'm happy to report that they still fit the case fine. They sound pretty good now that I can get a consistent seal with my large ears. I posted them on a plastic pen tip and ran around with a sharp utility/craft blade

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2019 at 12:58 AM Post #15,873 of 62,820
Thanks for the review. Mine will be here in a couple of days. I was hoping that the increase in the Rimor driver size would result in improvements in the low end. Definitely let them work for a few days.

I also have the T5's (my favorite) and the B530's (very good). So I appreciate you comparing them directly with the Rimors.
with the larger drivers I thought so too. The more I use them the more i'm convinced the holes used to prevent them pressurizing your ears are hurting the bass reproduction much like the Tin Audio T2. Maybe i'll plug them and give it a shot. They really sound phenomenal for phone calls and audio books. The tuning is perfect for them.

Nov 21, 2019 at 1:01 AM Post #15,874 of 62,820
Right? I've been thinking about it on and off all day. So I looked it up.

rimor

rimor is Latin Here is the definition of rimor in English

• rimor rimor, rimari, rimatus sum
    verb probe, search; rummage about for, examine, explore;
  • rimor to examine, explore, investigate, root up.
  • rimordeponent verb
    probe, search; rummage about for, examine, explore

Nov 21, 2019 at 1:08 AM Post #15,876 of 62,820
Ok, quick first impression if the L2P no app just straight listening from my S9 phone.

Sonically speaking these are awesome, they sound as good as I could have hoped for and I haven't even tried the app yet. I am really regretting all the money I paid for my Momentum True Wireless.

I can tell just from first blush I will enjoy these more than my MTW, GBuds, Sony WF-SP700N and a few other cheaply TW's I have bought. This is just based on sound quality alone. I am playing with the tips and find but know these are going to super comfy.

Damn, I am IMPRESSED!
I had trouble with the tips at first as well. switched to Spinfit 360's then JVC Spiral Dots and some random others that I have, after I got used to them not having to be pushed in as far as most of my other TWS' I inevitably I ended up back with the stock tips, I really like them.

Nov 21, 2019 at 1:18 AM Post #15,877 of 62,820
This is off topic but I have to share this with you Dudes. I've never owned a pair of ANC over the ear BT cans, So These came up as one of the test products from one of my amazon groups. I thought, what the hell at least I can see if ANC works and they look dec. and they'll be free etc.
So i'm actually blown away! They sound fantastic and the ANC works really well. @hifi80sman, I know you have those nice sony's and a couple others, I'd be VERY interested to hear your thoughts on these. So far they are super comfy, and the sound is crisp, clean and the bass is nice a full and defined, but not Bass-Head style. When I turn the ANC off they have a lot more mids and mid bass, it's weird, but both sound good and with ANC on it's drastically quieter. Anyway. I'm super impressed, had to share.

Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 11.11.58 PM.png

Nov 21, 2019 at 2:34 AM Post #15,878 of 62,820
This is off topic but I have to share this with you Dudes. I've never owned a pair of ANC over the ear BT cans, So These came up as one of the test products from one of my amazon groups. I thought, what the hell at least I can see if ANC works and they look dec. and they'll be free etc.
So i'm actually blown away! They sound fantastic and the ANC works really well. @hifi80sman, I know you have those nice sony's and a couple others, I'd be VERY interested to hear your thoughts on these. So far they are super comfy, and the sound is crisp, clean and the bass is nice a full and defined, but not Bass-Head style. When I turn the ANC off they have a lot more mids and mid bass, it's weird, but both sound good and with ANC on it's drastically quieter. Anyway. I'm super impressed, had to share.

I just picked up the Sennheiser Momentum 3, so probably not going to go over ear for a bit. Plus, they're harder to hide than TWS' and I don't want the other half to ask too many questions, given my typical response of "I already had that" probably won't work. :xf_eek:

Funny thing though, i did look pretty hard at those because EBPMAN on youtube as a good review of them.

Nov 21, 2019 at 2:37 AM Post #15,879 of 62,820
After 1 week with the L2p, i am keeping them. I can't believe first off how comfortable they are for me, after putting on several different tips, i ended up using the stock smallest tips w small wings. i do wish the bass were a little tighter, but i've EQed enough of it out that theres still plenty and only occasionally do i hear to much for my preference. i've got a starting lineup at this point, Sennheiser MTW, L2p, Anbes359 Shanling MTW100BA and OfushoF16 for the shower.
This month was like surviver True Wireless island for me.
I bought the Galaxy buds, Backbeat pro5100, the Tevi's, Mavin AirXR, kozetonE8, Shanling MTW100BA and L2P.

Nov 21, 2019 at 2:42 AM Post #15,880 of 62,820
Nov 21, 2019 at 5:53 AM Post #15,881 of 62,820
Coming really late to this thread and have to admit not having read all of it but wanted share my experience with the Creative Outlier Air ... will try and keep short!

I have had more sets of head / earphones over the years that I’m prepared to admit to my wife but fait to say it’s a lot

I wanted to ‘dabble’ in true wireless earlier this year without spending too much so when I saw the pre-release reviews of the Outlier Air I asked my wife to get me a set for my birthday in May.

When I got them I was hugely disappointed, muddy & bloated bass, volume too low, volume differential between left & right bud … really poor!

I read a few months ago about Creative starting to ship layer models with 2 sizes of ear tip so I contacted them and they sent out new tips … the larger ones made a tiny bit of a difference but the better seal they created led to muddier bass!

I pretty much gave up on the Outlier Airs and started to research options … my wife said she would get me new ones for Christmas! Been looking at the Sony’s & RHAs but not overly impressed with spec / functionality of either.

Last weekend I was tidying out my headphone drawer and picked up the Outliers again and gave them a go … still the same (of course).

For some reason I started to clean the buds as I spotted some earwax deposits … I knew this wasn’t the reason they sounded bad as they had been bad from the start.

While cleaning (using blutac to pull off the wax) the entire mesh protection layer / acoustic wadding came away from one of the buds … I was annoyed with myself but it wasn’t a disaster, these things are bad right?

To balance things up, I repeated the ‘error’ on the other bud and tried listening to them …

WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!

High volume, balanced between buds … zero muddy bass, crisper treble … really, really nice!

Not RHA T20 nice but really good … particularly on the treble.

Been listening to them in this state for a few days and now really impressed … no plans to buy any other wireless buds any time soon.

So, if you have muddy bass and low volume on the Outlier Air’s and don’t mine taking the gamble … remove the acoustic wadding … you’ll be amazed!

Note they will be treble dominant, but I like listening to Grado and Shure SE425s in addition to RHA T20 so I’m good with treble.

Nov 21, 2019 at 6:13 AM Post #15,882 of 62,820
So I've been lurking on this thread quite a while. Reading reviews here and others found on google. But in the end reviews seem to contradict each other (in terms of SQ, but also fit and comfort).
I would love to just test the fit of some TWS (I could test the Jabra 65t elite, fit was good during the 10min I had them in), but returning them after wearing is often not accepted (which is quite reasonable to be honest).

So in the end I have my doubts about the budget I need to be happy with a TWS and about which technology I really need. I hope some of you share their experiences here.

User case: 90% with galaxy S10+ (netflix and spotify), 10% with computer and TV (mostly netflix and music, some gaming) to avoid keeping my partner awake when we have alternating shifts.

I really want to be able to use each bud separately as I'm doing the same with my normal buds.
I'm quite sensitive about latency, this has to be minimal (knowing that there will always be some using Bluetooth). How important is aptX/Qualcomm true wireless for this?
TWS like the Sony MX3 or Soundcore L2P are too big for my liking.
Multi-point connection would be nice but not a must.
<180$

Candidates so far are:
Sabbat E12 Ultra (the budget choice)
1MORE Stylish (in spite of micro-USB)
Creative Outlier Air (Gold?)
Aviot TE-D01b
Klipsch T5 (really liking the design)

Whats your take on this list?

Thanks in Advance!

Nov 21, 2019 at 7:13 AM Post #15,883 of 62,820

Does anyone know the codec(s) for these? Can they do LDAC?

Nov 21, 2019 at 8:01 AM Post #15,884 of 62,820
with the larger drivers I thought so too. The more I use them the more i'm convinced the holes used to prevent them pressurizing your ears are hurting the bass reproduction much like the Tin Audio T2. Maybe i'll plug them and give it a shot. They really sound phenomenal for phone calls and audio books. The tuning is perfect for them.

I wonder if those holes will relieve the thudding sound from foot strikes when running?

Report back after you break these in a bit. Interested in SQ, battery life and stability during activity.
Thanks!

Nov 21, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #15,885 of 62,820
d3myz said:
I'm testing these Utaxo's tonight. First impressions are good. great bass, brighter highs, but not quite as sharp as the bomaker, reminds me of a better sounding B530, comfy fit. Get this, one touch is volume down on the left and one touch is volume up on the right, double touch is stop and start. Pretty clever. So far i've very impressed. @hifi80sman is it you who's a sucker for a nice metal case? this has an awesome case with a 2200mah battery but only a micro usb input? i'm not sure if it has an output to charge other devices. Anyway, i'm going to spend some time with them and leave my impressions later.

Yeah, I tried those already. They were a little bass light for me and the touch controls on the unit I received didn't respond well. I did like the case, but overall, the signature was a little too neutral for my personal taste.

These Utaxo are on sale for $32.49 after K745OZ5F + $10 Clip Coupon.

https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Bluetooth-Headphones-Waterproof-Utaxo/dp/B07VZM7RN7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back