Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 20, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #15,841 of 62,385
L2P delivered at home so I should be able to give some first impressions later tonight.

Nov 20, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #15,842 of 62,385
Nice! I’m running ER2XRs using the Fostex TM2 (mentioned it earlier in the thread). Chose it over the BT20 due to the promise of an ambient mode (it... exists) and EQ functionality (“coming soon”). I also had to shave the plastic off the MMCX connectors due to the recessed plugs on Etymotics.

The upside-down wear style looks really interesting. How do they stay up??

Any chance you could share a picture of how the TM2 connect with the etymotic?

Curious how you managed the insertion angle.

Nov 20, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #15,843 of 62,385
They took them off the Tranya site and are out of stock on Amazon until Nov 25th. Maybe got a huge rush of orders recently.

wrong quote

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2019 at 4:34 PM Post #15,844 of 62,385
Word that makes sense. You got them?

Sure did. Going to get them comped with a review on Amazon and got another set last week direct from Tranya before they were on 'Zon at 50% off.

Nov 20, 2019 at 5:00 PM Post #15,845 of 62,385
I just found out I can get a mmcx blue tooth module for my Tin T2s and I am super interested,
what is the go to budget recomendations for mmcx?
TRN BT20s? or is there something newer that came out that I should look in to?

Nov 20, 2019 at 7:06 PM Post #15,847 of 62,385
Ok, Tranya Rimor First impressions.

They sound pretty dang good, but I personally like the tuning of the B530 more and it's a toss up with the T5, some songs I thought the T5 killed, other songs the Rimor sounded better, every song the B530 soundest best. BUT....

The highs on the Rimor are rolled off, and they get a bit shrill at certain frequencies at louder volume. mids and high mids are pushed forward quite a bit unlike the B530 which def. has more recessed mids than the Rimor. Bass is there, it's not bad at all, not much sub bass but the low mids sound impressively responsive and defined better than the B530 but that thuddy bump is just missing completely, Sound stage i'd say is identical. When I put the 530's in it sounds like i'm sitting in a room with the band. The Rimor sounds like Tranya just took the B530, took the sub-bass out gave it great defined bass and mid-bass and pushed the mids and high mids way up. I'm not as technical as a lot of you blokes, but to me the guitars sound very similar when playing individually, but in a rock mix they sound thinner and the snare drums sound thinner, flatter and a bit dead to me, so take that for what it's worth. They more I listen to these with different songs the more I like them. I just listened to the first track I played though them and it sounds much better after an hour of consistent music going through them.

I pulled out the MPOW T5 to compare it's has a mid-range more comparable to the Rimor and the T5 are def. more crisp, but the Rimor's soundstage and definition is better. Due to how narrow the T5 is it seems to get crowded when things get hectic. The fit of the Rimor is nice, however they have bulbs on them where the 530 doesn't. I believe there are tiny pressure relief holes at the top of the bulbs because no matter what tips I try, I can get them to feel snug but I don't get that sealed feeling. I wonder if I plug the holes if i'll get more bass?

The bass is there, but I think it's what some of you bass-sensitive dudes call "balanced" or "audiophile tuned" :grin: . Anyway, they sound nice, def. warrmer but also bright yet not crisp sig, I'm going to continue to burn these suckers in. everything us is up to Tranya quality standard, the touch controls are great. Siri, volume and track fwd and back work flawlessly. My calls sound good and the mic seems to be as good at the B530's for the people i've talked to. Range is also fine. So far they are pretty nice, oh and I have no idea what environmental noise cancellation is. I thought it would be some type of ANC, but that's def. not it. All in all, i'd probably pay $40 for them. side note, I just compared them to the L2pro. Don't do that. the L2pro sounds SOOOO much better. If you put the L2pro on lounge they sound like better version the rimor.

jnkf%g9OS%WT+lcdYLBrvA.jpg SdqFVx79RwyzYdXH3sKTOA.jpg u+GkBu8QQ8iNq+uuU9VfyA.jpg 2cigpYwTRjiUznmuKDXGag.jpg 1+r3D7PNQnWLWdIMcupznw.jpg 4VmQBF1uTBqYAEKGS83niQ.jpg X0OI9eelQNKCt7FYK1+TqA.jpg TealmWQsQ2KdaoY71MK7Dw.jpg X+XFtNftR36imrRWG1qv8Q.jpg 7XCAK5RAT9i8pTvVT%16+Q.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2019 at 7:31 PM Post #15,848 of 62,385

They sound pretty dang good, but I personally like the tuning of the B530 more and it's a toss up with the T5, some songs I thought the T5 killed, other songs the Rimor sounded better, every song the B530 soundest best. BUT....

The highs on the Rimor are rolled off, and they get a bit shrill at certain frequencies at louder volume. mids and high mids are pushed forward quite a bit unlike the B530 which def. has more recessed mids than the Rimor. Bass is there, it's not bad at all, not much sub bass but the low mids sound impressively responsive and defined better than the B530 but that thuddy bump is just missing completely, Sound stage i'd say is identical. When I put the 530's in it sounds like i'm sitting in a room with the band. The Rimor sounds like Tranya just took the B530, took the sub-bass out gave it great defined bass and mid-bass and pushed the mids and high mids way up. I'm not as technical as a lot of you blokes, but to me the guitars sound very similar when playing individually, but in a rock mix they sound thinner and the snare drums sound thinner, flatter and a bit dead to me, so take that for what it's worth. They more I listen to these with different songs the more I like them. I just listened to the first track I played though them and it sounds much better after an hour of consistent music going through them.

I pulled out the MPOW T5 to compare it's has a mid-range more comparable to the Rimor and the T5 are def. more crisp, but the Rimor's soundstage and definition is better. Due to how narrow the T5 is it seems to get crowded when things get hectic. The fit of the Rimor is nice, however they have bulbs on them where the 530 doesn't. I believe there are tiny pressure relief holes at the top of the bulbs because no matter what tips I try, I can get them to feel snug but I don't get that sealed feeling. I wonder if I plug the holes if i'll get more bass?

The bass is there, but I think it's what some of you bass-sensitive dudes call "balanced" or "audiophile tuned" :grin: . Anyway, they sound nice, def. warrmer but also bright yet not crisp sig, I'm going to continue to burn these suckers in. everything us is up to Tranya quality standard, the touch controls are great. Siri, volume and track fwd and back work flawlessly. My calls sound good and the mic seems to be as good at the B530's for the people i've talked to. Range is also fine. So far they are pretty nice, oh and I have no idea what environmental noise cancellation is. I thought it would be some type of ANC, but that's def. not it. All in all, i'd probably pay $40 for them. side note, I just compared them to the L2pro. Don't do that. the L2pro sounds SOOOO much better. If you put the L2pro on lounge they sound like better version the rimor.

Thanks for the review. Mine will be here in a couple of days. I was hoping that the increase in the Rimor driver size would result in improvements in the low end. Definitely let them work for a few days.

I also have the T5's (my favorite) and the B530's (very good). So I appreciate you comparing them directly with the Rimors.

Nov 20, 2019 at 7:37 PM Post #15,850 of 62,385

Thanks for this. The L2P are so sick, I'm trying them out now.

Nov 20, 2019 at 7:56 PM Post #15,851 of 62,385
Another ANC/Pass through competitor

These look dope! I'm just happy some of the mid-tier manufacturers are coming out with complete products like this.

Nov 20, 2019 at 8:27 PM Post #15,853 of 62,385
Buuut, that case! From 1:55 to 2:05 in the video shows how clunky getting them out of the case can be. Why is the lid shaped that way? Sticking out in the middle like that wasn't the best way to go if it wasn't going to open wider. Still, they look sweet though I'd love another color option or two than the gun metal.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back