Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 5, 2019 at 9:54 PM Post #14,942 of 62,468
Can't say about the Tevi yet but I'm head over heels with the Shanling BA. Incredibly comfortable, tiny, detailed, great highs and enough bass extension for me (not punchy, though). I am definitely not a BA guy and this might well sound as a heresy but I am rediscovering my good old AT CK10...
I have several tws, i love Tevi fitted with Comply. Tranya B530 fitted with JVC spiral dot tips also good. Unfortunately, my Tranya left earbud does not work, but Tranya sent me the replacement immediately

Nov 5, 2019 at 10:25 PM Post #14,943 of 62,468
Got my Echo Buds today. Didn't get a whole lot of time to spend with them, but so far they sound excellent, Ambient Passthrough is clearer and less artificial sounding than my Galaxy Buds and the Bose ANR works pretty well. With the stock tips it takes it from barely any noise reduction with it off to being equivalent to very well sealing tips. With better tips, it's damn near silent. I work in a manufacturing plant and it almost makes it feel like I'm in a normal office! I'll do more music testing the next couple of days and do some 1:1 comparisons with the Galaxy Buds and a couple others.

Right now the only fault I can find is the lack of Qi charging and Amazon deciding to use Micro-USB instead of USB-C. Not a deal breaker, but kinda boneheaded at the end of 2019. I would have gladly paid another $20 or so to have those 2 features.

Nov 5, 2019 at 10:29 PM Post #14,944 of 62,468
MW07+ for me is the closest in theory. Had to return two different sets due to connectivity issues unfortunately, but they had awesome battery life, ANC and Transparency, fantastic sound, great call quality (on par with the APP), and a super nice case and design. Right now I'm trying out APP and I definitely like them, but agree that there are some SQ issues particularly in the highs. Still going to use them for the full 14 day return period to see if they're keepers. Right now the feature set on the APP with an iPhone is just seamless, and the ANC/Transparency works sooo well. Surprising the APP also work with my windows computer with ease. The SQ is definitely not the best, but it's also not the worst and it actually provides a really nice casual listening experience - though it breaks down somewhat when you really start paying attention. I'm also realizing that since I'm usually using my earbuds outdoors in NYC, this ends up inevitably hindering the SQ of better sounding TWS anyway, and the effectiveness of the APP's ANC makes a big difference in maintaining SQ despite loud outside noise.

You're right, I seemed to have overlooked the new MW07+. Maybe there's hope for me after all...

To be honest, I always figured they weren't too comfortable because of their shape and design, but I'm reading that some people are actually using them for extended periods of time with no discomfort. How do they compare in this regard to the less bulkier APP?

How are they for important calls, like for work? Any delay? APP better suited for this?

I'm also reading that the ANC is on par with APP, but Sony wf-1000xm3 still are king in this area. Wonder how much of a difference there is here.

How did you like the ambient mode? Wonder if I could use them for road biking.

Nov 5, 2019 at 10:53 PM Post #14,945 of 62,468
Right so I need some help picking my next purchase. I've given up on my search for a good pair of ANC over ears for now since the PX7 and IO6 disappointed me for different reasons. However, I do need something that plays music over BT since all I have right now is a pair of Sennheiser IE80. Those are wired and my phone (P30 Pro) doesn't have a 3.5mm jack. Could get an adapter for it but I've decided I want to go wireless. I still want some ANC cans in the near future so these will be a temporary / backup option. Budget is around 100 euros. Sound quality is most important. Good video sync would be nice. To give you an idea of what I like sound-wise: Sennheiser IE80 / Philips Fidelio X1. So having done some research I've a couple of different options (random order).

1. Tronsmart Spunky Beat
2. MPOW T5/M5
3. Lypertek Tevi
4. Cambridge Audio Melomania 1
5. Convert my IE80's to wireless bluetooth with a BT cable

Which of these options is going to best satisfy my needs? Can anyone compare some of them SQ-wise? Has anyone tried converting their IEMs to BT? Unfortunately I've no option to try any of them out which is why I would like some help. Any advice?

I've heard lypertek tevi and melomania 1.

I'd pick lypertek tevi for the price performance and prefer its sound over melomania 1.
If you have a chance do fit those 2 first before you buy them

Nov 5, 2019 at 11:11 PM Post #14,946 of 62,468
You're right, I seemed to have overlooked the new MW07+. Maybe there's hope for me after all...

To be honest, I always figured they weren't too comfortable because of their shape and design, but I'm reading that some people are actually using them for extended periods of time with no discomfort. How do they compare in this regard to the less bulkier APP?

How are they for important calls, like for work? Any delay? APP better suited for this?

I'm also reading that the ANC is on par with APP, but Sony wf-1000xm3 still are king in this area. Wonder how much of a difference there is here.

How did you like the ambient mode? Wonder if I could use them for road biking.

The MW07+ are definitely comfortable, though for some reason I had a bit of irritation with the wings, whereas I didn't have that with the original version. Not too big a deal though, def find the APP a bit more comfy.

You can absolutely use the MW07+ for work calls, they really are excellent. I can't tell if better than APP, but both are great. No delay on MW07+ or APP.

The ANC on the MW07+ is pretty mild, but works decently with subway noise and car noise. APP is much better though imo, as it blocks that noise out much better and does a much better job with wind noise (which the MW07+ struggle with) and people talking. I would say the Sony's still have the best ANC, but the APP is very effective and much more convenient.

Ambient mode is great on the MW07+, but I'd say again the APP are slightly better at allowing you to hear what people are saying around you, while you have to turn the music a bit further down to hear what people are saying on the MW07s.

That being said the MW07+ have much better battery life and sound significantly better. I do like the size of the APP case though. I can fit it in the small inner pocket of my jeans pocket which is dope. I'd say they're both great and I would've definitely kept the MW07s had they had better connectivity. I haven't seen too many other complaints about this here though so I could've just gotten unlucky with two defunct sets

Nov 5, 2019 at 11:13 PM Post #14,947 of 62,468
I've heard lypertek tevi and melomania 1.

I'd pick lypertek tevi for the price performance and prefer its sound over melomania 1.
If you have a chance do fit those 2 first before you buy them

I agree, Tevis with a bit of bass EQ are my fav sub $100 TWS.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2019 at 11:38 PM Post #14,949 of 62,468
The MW07+ are definitely comfortable, though for some reason I had a bit of irritation with the wings, whereas I didn't have that with the original version. Not too big a deal though, def find the APP a bit more comfy.

You can absolutely use the MW07+ for work calls, they really are excellent. I can't tell if better than APP, but both are great. No delay on MW07+ or APP.

The ANC on the MW07+ is pretty mild, but works decently with subway noise and car noise. APP is much better though imo, as it blocks that noise out much better and does a much better job with wind noise (which the MW07+ struggle with) and people talking. I would say the Sony's still have the best ANC, but the APP is very effective and much more convenient.

Ambient mode is great on the MW07+, but I'd say again the APP are slightly better at allowing you to hear what people are saying around you, while you have to turn the music a bit further down to hear what people are saying on the MW07s.

That being said the MW07+ have much better battery life and sound significantly better. I do like the size of the APP case though. I can fit it in the small inner pocket of my jeans pocket which is dope. I'd say they're both great and I would've definitely kept the MW07s had they had better connectivity. I haven't seen too many other complaints about this here though so I could've just gotten unlucky with two defunct sets

Definitely considering the mw07+ now...

Do you think the ANC would be sufficient for lawn mowing, or worse - leaf blowing?

It's definitely troubling however that you had such a bad experience with the connectivity. Maybe it was your phone since it's the constant in your equation? Is it an iPhone?

Nov 5, 2019 at 11:43 PM Post #14,950 of 62,468
Definitely considering the mw07+ now...

Do you think the ANC would be sufficient for lawn mowing, or worse - leaf blowing?

It's definitely troubling however that you had such a bad experience with the connectivity. Maybe it was your phone since it's the constant in your equation? Is it an iPhone?

It's an iPhone, but I don't have any issues with any other TWS I have, so seemed like it was the MW07+. I can't give you a definitive answer on the ANC, but my hunch is that it would actually do decently with lawn mowing or leaf blowing as those are more consistent sounds, though there's no way it will drown out the higher frequencies. It would say it does a serviceable job on mid to lower frequency continuous noises like subway noise, car noise, etc. Didn't do great with wind so that might be an issue.

Nov 5, 2019 at 11:47 PM Post #14,952 of 62,468
I saw this on Reddit last night. It's sourced from this French article. Might be worth looking at. In short, someone measured the ANC of the APP, LTA+, Sony TWS, and Sony full-sized. In short, at the lower frequencies the APP are equal to or better than the Sony TWS while in the upper frequencies the Sony wins out (mainly due to the shallow seal and porting on the APP). The Libratones are generally worse overall. The full-sized are obviously better than anything else out there. This might help explain why some people hear the APP besting the Sony while others hear the Sony besting and others hear them about equal.

Nov 6, 2019 at 12:01 AM Post #14,953 of 62,468
Very much similar feedback on MW07+ that I posted yesterday. I did not run into any connectivity issues at all.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/goi...re-we-there-yet.861024/page-994#post-15289113

If you want really strong ANC, MW07+ is not the one.

Awesome. Seems to align well with what tma6 is saying.

However, since comfort is a big deal to me, you're really making me question the size of my earlobes! My ears are kind of small-ish (I think?), but don't think my earlobes are that small. I have no reference point.

Hoping I can leave them in for 2-3 hours without feeling any discomfort...

Nov 6, 2019 at 12:11 AM Post #14,954 of 62,468
oke I quoted this from a youtube user from a earlier video here... comparison between tevi mpow t5 and l2pro... .quote: This is shocking! I own both. The Tevi sounds great if you don’t care for much bass , but there is no comparison to the L2pro. The Tevi is grossly overpriced by about $45. Buy the MPOW T5. It’s a Tevi w/o the graphene driver that can be Eq’d to sound nearly identical and it’s $40. The knowles BA in the L2Pro is so much crisper and cleaner than the Tevi. The L2pro has incredible textured bass, a huge 10 mm driver, where the Tevi’s has a dynamic 6mm driver and the bass is balanced at best, more sub bass. I’ve tested over 50 TWS’ and The L2pro sounds similar to the Sony 1000-xm3 and is one of the best sounding tws’ on the market. It’s one weakness is the lack of a manual EQ and I’d like it to have more mid range. The microphone on the L2Pro isn’t great either. Soundcore is releasing a new version of the L2Pro on 2-3 weeks that fixes some of the initial hissing and microphone issues. I’d strongly recommend not using the stock tips on either they are garbage. Get some spinfits 360’s or some JVC spiral dots. Trust me wide bore ear tips make a HUGE difference in the sound.
I’m flattered. :blush:

Nov 6, 2019 at 12:21 AM Post #14,955 of 62,468
I sent a message to Soundcore asking when the new (less hiss) revamped version Liberty 2 Pro would be available and they said it is now ready. So hopefully the hiss is gone or at least lessened. I am seriously thinking about getting them as well.

I just heard back from them yesterday.
Mine are also on their way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back