Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 31, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #3,511 of 62,417
Completely agree which is why I returned several pairs. When it became apparent that it wasn’t going to get fixed and after deciding they sound better than the MTW ( at least to me) I decided to just live with it. It still irks me that a 300 product isn’t perfect but I’ve spent more on worse ...

It's even more frustrating when you're looking at the £30-40 Earbuds that have features that the MW07' don't :frowning2:

I've ordered the Tortoise Shell ones anyway and I'll see how they are.

Dec 31, 2018 at 5:58 PM Post #3,512 of 62,417
Ah another pair to look at. Mavin Air-X have a 10 hour battery life, bluetooth 5.0, aptx, and quick charge. Seems to be very few reviews. Price isn't bad either $160 shipped to the UK.

I want to try a pair and compare to the Earin M2.

you won't get 10hrs battery...more like 7, it's still very good. The build is plastic, not premium but not bad. No multi-point, call quality is fairly good, SQ is good. It's great for its price

Dec 31, 2018 at 8:33 PM Post #3,513 of 62,417
If you end up going MW07 and another color, curious if the battery life will be better than the Black version.

I eventually came to the same conclusion; the MW07 for casual, enjoyable listening. My gym setup is good to go anyway, but the sound on the MW07 is so addicting I wanted them for the gym as well! Alas, all things not possible. Oh, and they look absolutely fantastic on. They don't stick out at all.

I'll probably still pickup the MTW once they become available in-store, since I hate returning via mail.

Seems like the other colors aren't available in too many BB's, which is a shame. I'll see what I can snag, though.

Jan 1, 2019 at 2:53 AM Post #3,514 of 62,417
If anyone is interested in some bass cannon TWEs for the gym, the B-Qtech work well for me. The stock eartips are trash, so I was fortunate to have some extra Bose SoundSport eartips and the fit like a glove. As I noted before, these have a great bass slam and get loud, but the sound is thick and dark. Works well if you need to pump up the volume in a loud gym without the treble killing your ears. They are certainly NOT a good choice outside the gym, despite the description saying they have "HD" sound. It's definitely not "HD". With the SoundSport eartips, they are champs at the gym. The only quirk is I have to remove the tips before charging. I haven't actually tested the battery life (rated at 6 hours), but I had no issues after 2.5 hours at 40% volume or so. Nice metal case. For $45, I'm satisfied.

IMG_2045.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2019 at 3:10 AM Post #3,515 of 62,417
Jan 1, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #3,516 of 62,417
I swear by Comply Foam tips and have for years. Zero irritation, good seal, and generally makes the setup look better IMO. I've tried others but I've had a lot of audio seepage during movement. Guess it depends on the ear and personal preference, but they definitely have my vote.

Jan 1, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #3,517 of 62,417
Back to the MW07, and I got 'em in Tortoiseshell! First observations coming from the e8:

• God I love buttons vs touch controls. I can fiddle the MW07 around to get them properly situated without turning them off/on or going into ambient mode.
  • To me, the e8 is more comfortable but the wings make the MW07 more secure. So the wings stay on.
  • The e8 really do sound amazing, or at least the pair I had did. However, the MW07 does edge them out. There's a "fullness" despite not being as bassy as I had the e8 EQ'd to be, leaving them sounding seriously like a pair of wired headphones.
  • Battery I'm not sure about yet, but preliminary tests are better than my first pair. I wonder if it was an early model that was having issues? We'll keep testing.
That's all so far, but in a few days I'll see what I think. Do the Comply tips work on the MW07?

Jan 1, 2019 at 5:04 PM Post #3,519 of 62,417
While waiting for my new MW07s to arrive, I decided to look at some Amazon reviews - I came across a review mentioning bad battery quality, and Master & Dynamic responded saying they might have a defective battery and to contact them as there was a 2 year warranty. This might explain some of the very low battery life that earlier posts complained about?

I copied the post:
"
Master & Dynamic 11 days ago
It is possible you have a defective battery, which is covered under our 2-year warranty. Please contact us at <support@masterdynamic.com> for warranty service and support.
"

Jan 1, 2019 at 5:19 PM Post #3,520 of 62,417
While waiting for my new MW07s to arrive, I decided to look at some Amazon reviews - I came across a review mentioning bad battery quality, and Master & Dynamic responded saying they might have a defective battery and to contact them as there was a 2 year warranty. This might explain some of the very low battery life that earlier posts complained about?

I copied the post:
"
Master & Dynamic 11 days ago
It is possible you have a defective battery, which is covered under our 2-year warranty. Please contact us at <support@masterdynamic.com> for warranty service and support.
"

Sounds a bit odd. Generally speaking those tiny batteries are fairly reliable. It’s much more common for certain devices to drain too much power from the batteries.
You can do a simple test if specs allow this. If one earbud losing power too fast and the other bud is still good you know it’s a bad battery but if both run out of juice at the same time you know it’s something to do with the earphones. Now, this test works with Jabra since you can use only the master without the slave, not sure if it works the same way with the Master and Dynamic though.

Jan 1, 2019 at 6:44 PM Post #3,521 of 62,417
Back to the MW07, and I got 'em in Tortoiseshell! First observations coming from the e8:

• God I love buttons vs touch controls. I can fiddle the MW07 around to get them properly situated without turning them off/on or going into ambient mode.
  • To me, the e8 is more comfortable but the wings make the MW07 more secure. So the wings stay on.
  • The e8 really do sound amazing, or at least the pair I had did. However, the MW07 does edge them out. There's a "fullness" despite not being as bassy as I had the e8 EQ'd to be, leaving them sounding seriously like a pair of wired headphones.
  • Battery I'm not sure about yet, but preliminary tests are better than my first pair. I wonder if it was an early model that was having issues? We'll keep testing.
That's all so far, but in a few days I'll see what I think. Do the Comply tips work on the MW07?
Are you still going to give the Senns a go?

Still really loving the sound and fit of the Senns. After returning the MW07 I picked up the Sennheiser PXC550 and just happy as S&!t with them. Really great sound comfort and 30 hours battery life.

Jan 1, 2019 at 7:32 PM Post #3,522 of 62,417
I swear by Comply Foam tips and have for years. Zero irritation, good seal, and generally makes the setup look better IMO. I've tried others but I've had a lot of audio seepage during movement. Guess it depends on the ear and personal preference, but they definitely have my vote.
I've always found that complys dull the treble make things a bit dull. I prefer Blackbird tips, they don't seem to alter the sound and are more hard-wearing. I think they are UK only though

No foams on my NWF-1000X though; the standard silicone tips are perfect.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2019 at 8:34 PM Post #3,523 of 62,417
I've always found that complys dull the treble make things a bit dull. I prefer Blackbird tips, they don't seem to alter the sound and are more hard-wearing. I think they are UK only though

No foams on my NWF-1000X though; the standard silicone tips are perfect.

I tried looking up BlackBird but their site doesn't give much info. Seems they aren't sold many places.

Someone has me sold on the JVC Spiral Dots. That may be my next investment. Comply is amazing, but as anyone here who has had them knows, they degrade fast. The perils of foam I guess . Until then, I have 6 backup pairs of Comply until I either go for the Spiral Dots or find a more recent alternative. Can't do silicone. Not good for the ear.

Jan 1, 2019 at 8:46 PM Post #3,524 of 62,417
Are you still going to give the Senns a go?

Still really loving the sound and fit of the Senns. After returning the MW07 I picked up the Sennheiser PXC550 and just happy as S&!t with them. Really great sound comfort and 30 hours battery life.

I'll keep an eye out for them. If they pop up at a Best Buy I'll take a pair for a test drive. The PXC550 are really fantastic, too. I came crazy close to getting a pair of those.

Jan 1, 2019 at 9:14 PM Post #3,525 of 62,417
I'll keep an eye out for them. If they pop up at a Best Buy I'll take a pair for a test drive. The PXC550 are really fantastic, too. I came crazy close to getting a pair of those.
Best buy matched Amazon so I got them for 218.00. They do sound Amazing I have been listening to them a good position of the day which I'm unable to do with the XM2 as they aren't as comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back