Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 1, 2018 at 1:04 AM Post #1,576 of 62,362
I have regular 65t elites and do a lot of business conference calls. Never heard any complaints from anybody on the other end. Maybe Jabras and your phone don’t like each other?
Perhaps? I'm using an iphone 7. However, I have no other phone to try this out with. My wife is using an iphone 7 as well, so using hers probably wont reveal anything.

had that issue before when the ear tips were pushing the buds out more but fix it when i adjust the angling of the mic INWARDS lower down toward the jawline. if you have the mics around 45 degrees or towards your mouth slightly outwards it would pick up all sort of crappy noises and make it sound thin.
That's possible. I tried to spin the headphones uncomfortably towards the jawline. Didnt seem to make a difference... hmmm..

Nov 1, 2018 at 1:41 AM Post #1,577 of 62,362
I've had the 65t for almost 2 weeks now. At first I wasn't impressed mainly due to the sound signature and was actually considering sending them back. The app's EQ didn't help anything either... thought it was pretty rubbish. Tried adjusting via the built-in EQ for my S9+ which improved it slightly but never to the point I was going to be impressed. They sounded veiled, plasticky and with forced bass response (probably from over-EQ-ing to attempt to make up for the total lack of any kind of bass impact)...BUT.... then I changed tips to some bog-standard ones I had laying around and everything changed!
I have seen the tip mods in this thread but I didn't even need them. When I first tried it out, the fit was obviously too loose and taking the TW's out would leave the tip in my ear every time :)
I found however that if you push the tips further up on the body, without any need for a mod, you could actually slide them beyond the initial point and have them grip further up the stem so now the tips never come off by themselves. This also allowed me to better position the actual body in my ears as well. Better fit AND hugely better sound!
The seal is so good now that passive noise canceling has increased substantially which in turn makes you appreciate the hear-through feature a lot more.

On the microphone front, everything is great when you use them in a quiet environment and my wife has commented that the SQ is great. When you're out and about in a noisy environment however, that changes tremendously and they pick up anything and everything around you. Leaving both earpieces in at that point makes you very hard to understand to the other party.
What I've come up with however, is to do exactly as you would with wired earphones where you keep the mic in your hand close to your mouth as you walk around. In this case you just take one earpiece out and use it as the mic close to your mouth. It works really well and even though there is still a lot of extraneous noise that gets picked up, at least your voice will come across quite clear. Just make sure you keep the sensor covered for the earpiece that you have taken out so that it stays connected and switched on.

All in all I now absolutely love my Jabra's and there is no way I would send them back. Great battery, hear-through, small case, good fit, good SQ, doesn't stick out of your ears in the same way other ones do, price I paid was at 40% discount... couldn't be happier and I can't envisage myself going back to full wired or BT wired.

Only remaining niggle is the left bias in terms of volume which I also suffer from. Here's hoping Jabra will implement a balance feature in their app!!!

Nov 1, 2018 at 3:32 AM Post #1,578 of 62,362
I tried that before, never got a good seal since they did not go in enough.
edit..

After going through all my tips again, I finally found the ones that fit pulled all the way up and create a seal. Going to test that.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2018 at 4:16 AM Post #1,579 of 62,362
i think me ears are deformed...now the 65t sit snug on my ears with only the stock L tips, doesn't break seal when i look up or lay down my head on the bed, and it also not painful to wear anymore.. weird :dt880smile:

now all it need is to fix that dreaded channel imbalance

on the side note, i have Earin M2 incoming, might reach my home tomorrow. can't wait to test it out against the WF1000X and 65T

Nov 1, 2018 at 3:42 PM Post #1,581 of 62,362
Both of these look like some generic TWS earbuds you can find by the gallon on Amazon ? I'm under the impression that the telltale sign that separates these from the better ones (Jabra, Sony, Bose, etc...) is the lack of a transparency mode. Something that's rather useful too !

The Pamu Scroll sound a bit too good to be true on Indiegogo at $39 instead of $149...and no transparency either.
I just received my order of the Pamu Scroll yesterday. The charging case is really pretty and they sound good too. I've put Symbio Mandarines N tips on them and will try running with them today.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2018 at 9:20 PM Post #1,582 of 62,362
I just received my order of the Pamu Scroll yesterday. The charging case is really pretty and they sound good too. I've put Symbio Mandarines N tips on them and will try running with them today.

i also ordered this a few days ago, should be shipped this month to me. so how do they compare to your other TWS? does it feel like it's worth $39 or the full price $150 in overall?

Nov 2, 2018 at 6:49 AM Post #1,584 of 62,362
Red flag on the Pamu Scroll is their little chart saying that they have "great bass" while the Sony and Jabra don't. Buckle up for some bass monsters.

Nov 2, 2018 at 8:02 AM Post #1,585 of 62,362
Red flag on the Pamu Scroll is their little chart saying that they have "great bass" while the Sony and Jabra don't. Buckle up for some bass monsters.
It's just marketing to the mainstream. I own the E8s, Anker's Liberty+ and I just got the Pamu in, the bass definitely bumps harder than the E8 (which still has the cleanest sound out of all the wireless buds I've tried), but it's not loose like the Liberty's.

Nov 2, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #1,586 of 62,362
B&O tends to be pretty light on the bass for sure. I just found it rather surprising to talk about the Sony and Jabra like they're bass-light, because that seems to indicate that theirs are gonna be very Beats-ish.

Nov 2, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #1,587 of 62,362
Decided to take the 65t Actives for a spin again and wow there's still the left-side hiss and the weird "tinfoil" sound on that side. I refuse to believe that I'm the only one who hears this when it's happened with 2 pair of regular 65t and 2 pair of Actives.

Never had this problem on my Active 65ts and use them every day with iPhone 7, iPad Air and occasionally with Dell 7490 work laptop. Suggest you try another source even if you have to borrow a friend's phone temporarily to pair and check it out. Otherwise you've just had a run of bad QC luck. I do have a slight imbalance with the left side weighted more heavily than the right, but this is more typical. I may suggest to the Sound+ App developers to put in a SW control to help adjust, otherwise I just live with it as one of the few shortcomings from these earphones. Small number of compromises for all the benefits and the fact they just always work and are so convenient to carry and use.

Nov 2, 2018 at 6:21 PM Post #1,588 of 62,362
Never had this problem on my Active 65ts and use them every day with iPhone 7, iPad Air and occasionally with Dell 7490 work laptop. Suggest you try another source even if you have to borrow a friend's phone temporarily to pair and check it out. Otherwise you've just had a run of bad QC luck. I do have a slight imbalance with the left side weighted more heavily than the right, but this is more typical. I may suggest to the Sound+ App developers to put in a SW control to help adjust, otherwise I just live with it as one of the few shortcomings from these earphones. Small number of compromises for all the benefits and the fact they just always work and are so convenient to carry and use.

Tried it with a pixel, same deal. It even made the hiss/crinkle sound just in the on/off sound. That's four pairs of Jabras that did that, two Elite and two Elite Active. Either I have extraordinarily terrible luck in picking up only the ones with QC problems or this is an extremely pervasive issue with this model. Swapped to the Bose and those are what I'm sticking with.

Nov 2, 2018 at 7:09 PM Post #1,589 of 62,362
just got the Earin M2 yesterday. my my...it's a beautiful and well put together piece of product, so small and discreet, good connection, and good balanced single BA typical type of sound. haven't compare it directly to my 65T and WF1000X

but boy oh boy...this thing took sooo long to update itself it's like updating an old windows computer

Nov 3, 2018 at 9:06 AM Post #1,590 of 62,362
I just got the Elite Active 65ts & while I’m overall really happy with them the imbalance issue is disappointing. They need to add a level or balance control to the app. It’s a shame that they could do so much right but get that part wrong. I’m on the fence about returning them but the options from other manufacturers don’t look that much better. I’ve read a few threads where people reloaded the software & the channel imbalance disappeared then came back but I’m wondering if it’s not a hardware concern like one driver being a few dB off? Otherwise sound quality is good, pairing is excellent, battery life excellent & the comfort is great although I wish it was easier to fit aftermarket tips. So close & maybe for now as good as it gets?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back