Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 22, 2018 at 9:27 AM Post #1,426 of 62,437
Incredible... Several days ago, I also wondered if someone would have or already had this idea....

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #1,427 of 62,437
The go on but they are lose indeed, I'll try some tape, but they don't go in deep at all so I'm not sure it would provide enough grip.

I've heard a lot about the Spiral Dots but haven't tried them. I did get some SpinFits that get rave reviews but haven't found them to be usable with the 65Ts. They stick out too far and block the audio and of course don't work with the charging box. I'm expecting some Comply TS200 Comfort (the olive shaped ones) today and I've read that they work with the 65Ts (at least for some people) and can even work with the charger.TS2

So the Comply Tsx 200 have arrived and they're a complete bust on the 65t, they don't fit at all ! Not sure how people are making them work...or maybe you need the Smartcore version that can expand and go down the nozzle as opposed to just fit on the tip ? On the other hand they work fine with the Jabra Elite Sport providing fantastic isolation...at the expense of the highs though that have become very muted while the bass have been upped. I removed the so-called "sweat guard" and it helped quite a bit but they still sound "duller" than with the stock Jabra Foams that don't isolate as well. I guess you can't have everything ! Talking of which the JES don't fit in the case anymore with these tips so they have to be removed, a bit of an inconvenience.

Oct 22, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #1,428 of 62,437
Oct 22, 2018 at 12:03 PM Post #1,430 of 62,437
I am in the market for a wireless iem, and i have been reading this thread right from page one, and reached until page 15, then i realized... the post was created about a year and half back, and surely by now there are newer players in the market, hence i hopped back here towards the thread end, but feel lost. So I am open to spend under 1000 usd, what can i drop my money on?

Oct 22, 2018 at 12:07 PM Post #1,431 of 62,437
I am in the market for a wireless iem, and i have been reading this thread right from page one, and reached until page 15, then i realized... the post was created about a year and half back, and surely by now there are newer players in the market, hence i hopped back here towards the thread end, but feel lost. So I am open to spend under 1000 usd, what can i drop my money on?

You can start with BO E8 (which i have listed for sale here) or you can try preordering Sennheiser momentum true wireless which will start shipping mid of November.

Oct 22, 2018 at 12:24 PM Post #1,432 of 62,437
You can start with BO E8 (which i have listed for sale here) or you can try preordering Sennheiser momentum true wireless which will start shipping mid of November.

Thanks for your replies. I have tried the BO E8 at my gym (someone was having it on). I found them very uncomfortable... and even the guy said, he would be replacing the buds. So is the the link for the senn's iem you are talking about?
https://en-us.sennheiser.com/momentum-truewireless

Any other suggestions?

Oct 22, 2018 at 1:41 PM Post #1,435 of 62,437
Cool let me look into that. thanks for the suggestions.
You like the sound?

Just chiming in since I heard the M-2. Just listened a few minutes, but enough to say not great sound quality. Sounded muddy to me. Better options out there.

Oct 22, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #1,436 of 62,437
Thanks for your replies. I have tried the BO E8 at my gym (someone was having it on). I found them very uncomfortable... and even the guy said, he would be replacing the buds. So is the the link for the senn's iem you are talking about?
https://en-us.sennheiser.com/momentum-truewireless

Any other suggestions?
If you've been following the thread, Jabra Elite Active would be one to go for. Of the ones I've tried it had the best SQ for true wireless. I found BO E8 to have a peak in the treble, not smooth as Jabra. Jabra maybe have slight issue with fit for some.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #1,437 of 62,437
Jabra 65t is pretty much the go-to for TWE, and I really feel like that's the set to gun for and any qualms you have with those will explain if there's something more for your tastes.

Oct 22, 2018 at 7:48 PM Post #1,438 of 62,437
Jabra 65t is pretty much the go-to for TWE, and I really feel like that's the set to gun for and any qualms you have with those will explain if there's something more for your tastes.

This seems to be the case. I've been watching this thread for a long time and it seems that everything comes back to the Jabra. They may not be the best, but they seem to make most people happy. These seem like a baseline that people turn to until the next thing comes out. I'm super interested in the Sennheisers, but at that price point, I'd likely have to pass. For me, the decision is coming down to Jabras and the Samsun Gear Icon X, but with a heavy bias toward the Jabras from what I've read here.

Oct 22, 2018 at 7:57 PM Post #1,439 of 62,437
There is still Audio Technica that's coming out soon (The Audio-Technica ATH-Sport7KW and ATH-CKR7TW).
So is Jabra 65t better than RHA True Connect? Jabra is slightly more expensive but still under $200.

Oct 22, 2018 at 8:06 PM Post #1,440 of 62,437
If you've been following the thread, Jabra Elite Active would be one to go for. Of the ones I've tried it had the best SQ for true wireless. I found BO E8 to have a peak in the treble, not smooth as Jabra. Jabra maybe have slight issue with fit for some.

between the 65t and the wf-1000x, i much prefer the latter for SQ and fit, while i prefer the former for battery life, size, and call quality. if only the 65t have a more rubbery contact surface and accepts standard eartips, it would be golden. i love them both that i'm beginning to use my wired earphones less and less

Users who are viewing this thread

Back