Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 13, 2018 at 6:12 AM Post #1,246 of 62,437
I recently purchased the KZ (improved version) bluetooth cable which terminates in MMCX plugs and have paired them to the rather excellent Magaosi K3 Pro IEM's and the combination is surprisingly excellent. The cable supports APtX and I haven't experienced any issues with dropouts, range or battery life. All this for only 11 quid. Excellent value for money. The combined total still comes to less than the Airpods or Jabra solutions and definitely sounds better.

Sidenote - I still love the Airpods though. Just thought I would mention it.

5nrchx.jpg

x2pfdj.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2018 at 6:47 AM Post #1,247 of 62,437
Sorry but I see many posts on that thread that to me, don’t concern True Wireless technology...

You are correct ! Please let's keep this thread for TRUE WIRELESS IEMs (i.e. ZERO cables), thanks !

Talking fo which I sent my Jabra Elite Sport back for repair as the right earbud loses volume/power gradually after I start using it so I picked up an el cheapo pair, the Vigorun, for a mere 38€ and much to my surprise they are quite decent. Fit is good, the fin keeps them in place nicely, the isolation is very good with the standard silicon tips (haven't tried SpinFit or Foams yet) and the sound is very pleasant out of the box, nice rich bass and a good range. So of course there's no transparency mode and the battery life is only rated at 2.5 hours vs 4.5 on the JES but I can live with that. On Amazon US the closest model seems to be the Dveda and they actually seem more advanced.

Oct 13, 2018 at 7:47 AM Post #1,248 of 62,437
People continue posting bluetooth cable... Is it yes or not a true wireless thread? I also could speak about wired bluetooth cable that I also own... but it wouldn’t be the subject of the thread...

Can a moderator do something?

It’s not a general bluetooth thread...

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #1,249 of 62,437
sly, point noted, close enough for me to be topic related (speaking for myself only) actually looking for bt dongle to attach my se535s elsewhere, like you've said, not this thread. still, thanks to peddler for pointing it out.
hopefully bt cables get a separate post and we won't discuss the micro wires inside the true wireless that attach the transducers inside the shells <joking>

Oct 13, 2018 at 12:03 PM Post #1,250 of 62,437
This thread has been immensely informative. Thanks for all the great info, everyone. I think I've narrowed down my options to:
Jabra Elite 65t
Samsung Gear Icon X 2018 (i realize that with an iOS device I'll lose functionality, but I'm not worried about the fitness tracking)
Bragi Dash

For anything cheaper and more unknown the Dveda option listed a few posts up looks interesting. I'm assuming Bluetooth 5.0 (in the Jabra) will be best for video/audio sync. However, since I'm on an iPhone 7 (Bluetooth 4.2), it seems that I'm just kinda doomed to the sync issue no matter what the wireless solution. I'm also ideally looking for something small and discrete that doesn't stick out of my ears too far. Lots of great options, but I'm looking to stay below $175 for now. Does anyone have any thoughts on those choices?

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #1,251 of 62,437
I've been using the Vigorun a bit (the Dveda would likely be similar) and while it's smaller, lighter, isolates better than the Jabra Elite Sport (even with the foam tips) provides a decent listening experience and even has a magnetic charging box (unlike the Jabra) there are some problems...For a start the call quality is very bad to the point where people can't hear me! Also I'm not exactly sure how long it would resist sweat when running...At the end of the day it would probably be fine to listen to music while commuting in a train or flying but probably not a lot else. The Jabra Elite 65T can do that and everything else.

Oct 13, 2018 at 2:43 PM Post #1,252 of 62,437
I've been using the Vigorun a bit (the Dveda would likely be similar) and while it's smaller, lighter, isolates better than the Jabra Elite Sport (even with the foam tips) provides a decent listening experience and even has a magnetic charging box (unlike the Jabra) there are some problems...For a start the call quality is very bad to the point where people can't hear me! Also I'm not exactly sure how long it would resist sweat when running...At the end of the day it would probably be fine to listen to music while commuting in a train or flying but probably not a lot else. The Jabra Elite 65T can do that and everything else.

Thanks for that info. Call quality is quite important in my concerns.

Oct 13, 2018 at 4:01 PM Post #1,253 of 62,437
Oct 13, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #1,254 of 62,437
Yeah I suspect the Tozo, Enacfire, Sugar Skull and Crislan are all variations around the Dveda/Vigorun theme :wink:

Oct 14, 2018 at 12:18 AM Post #1,257 of 62,437
Man oh man, I came here looking for advice on finding a new pair since I'm sick of my Jlab Epic Airs, and it seems like there's a ton of new products getting released that seem really promising.

As of now I've narrowed it down to 5 choices, although everything but the E8's is either recently released or not even released yet. I think these are in order of how much I'm liking each but time will tell once more people get their hands on them. Thoughts?

Audio Technica ATH-CKR7TW
Better battery life (6hr) than the previous two choices. 11mm drivers. Major HiFi had some really great things to say about these. BT 5.0

Master & Dynamic MW07
Most reviews are pretty positive (aside from The Verge). SQ sounds good. No video lag from what I gathered. Only BT 4.2 but I'm honestly not sure how big of a difference that'd realistically be from 5.0

Sennheiser Momentum
Look great on paper, minor SQ criticisms from the Sound Guys review I read. BT 5.0

B&O E8
The oldest option in this list. I've seen conflicting things on SQ and connectivity. People say connectivity has improved after some firmware updates, but I'm not sure. BT 4.2

Jabra Elite Active 65t
The cheapest option. Again, conflicting reviews on SQ. Some say they're great, some say they suck. BT 5.0

I was also interested in the EOZ Air and RHA TrueConnect for a minute. But I'm not finding much info on the EOZ Air, and Kickstarter's typically make me suspicious. Comments in here seemed to quickly bash the RHA for using SBC.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2018 at 1:03 AM Post #1,258 of 62,437
Jabra Elite Active 65t
The cheapest option. Again, conflicting reviews on SQ. Some say they're great, some say they suck. BT 5.0

not sure where you see the bad SQ reviews on those? everything out there says they sound good (not the best). there is 1 guy here who couldn't get them to fit properly says they sound like Airpods (well, no crap) . most conflicting reviews are on E8. personally, i would be interested in trying out the MW07.

Oct 14, 2018 at 1:06 AM Post #1,259 of 62,437
I'll throw my name in the hat for the Jabra Elite 65T. I was really doubtful that the sound+ app would make a meaningful difference in SQ, but I was pleasantly surprised. I think Jabra did a great job at designing the earbuds and app as well. i'd honestly prefer not to install the app, but I did because I wasn't a fan of the default signature. Call quality has also been steller. Occasionally I ride a very loud commuter shuttle with side panels that rattle etc. With most BT iems or headphones people mention it if I happen to get a call. But no one has ever mentioned it with the jabras. even putting a sweater on the other day I asked someone if they heard any noise because i'd just put one on and they heard a slight swoosh but nothing to interrupt the conversation. The only other True Wireless iem I've used personally is the psb m4u tw1. These are really comfortable and I never worry about losing one. Same for the 65 T's. The TW1s have a pretty great sound imo, but I do wish the mids were turned down a little, and the sub bass is a bit sloppy, but not enough that i want to return them. they charge via micro usb, and don't have a case. The pairing process is not straight forward, which i found out thanks to people posting about it. but following the steps from the online manual, i paired them successfully the first time. long post but hope it was helpful.

Oct 14, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #1,260 of 62,437
not sure where you see the bad SQ reviews on those? everything out there says they sound good (not the best). there is 1 guy here who couldn't get them to fit properly says they sound like Airpods (well, no crap) . most conflicting reviews are on E8. personally, i would be interested in trying out the MW07.

No you're right, I should've said that it sounded like SQ was as you said, just "good." Which is fair since I'm comparing them to others that are almost twice the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back