Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 4, 2018 at 10:45 PM Post #1,172 of 62,439
Checked their instagram. No AAC and it has V shape signature

I'm hoping they haven't listed it yet. That would be a massive mistake by RHA. I'll be cancelling my preorder. I agree with spamateur that no AAC is a deal breaker.

Edit: RHA if youre watching this thread (and I know you are) please confirm AAC.

Oct 5, 2018 at 1:05 AM Post #1,173 of 62,439
Now, isn't this what a review should be /s

http://majorhifi.com/rha-trueconnect-true-wireless-earphones-review/

They claim this to be a review. Amazing....

sounds as if its written by a high schooler. it's got Bluetooth 5.0 baby! so it must have higher resolution sound!
yeah....no.... won't even touch this RHA crap. their web page hasn't got much info other than its got Bluetooth 5.0 and clean stylish design!
the marketing is worse than Mavin Air-X. at least Mavin is trying with their specs...

Oct 5, 2018 at 7:37 AM Post #1,174 of 62,439
looks more like little ray guns <phew phew>
that aside, more people will be interested in transducer quality, stability of connection and usability.
my player only has bt4.1 and frankly it's ok, not hd but ok. i really don't care how it works as long as it works.

rha has made some quality products, time will tell.

Oct 5, 2018 at 7:37 AM Post #1,175 of 62,439
Here is the answer:

Lucy (RHA)

Oct 5, 9:05 AM BST

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your email. The TrueConnect supports Bluetooth AAC and aptX codecs and is fully compatible with all phone operating systems.

I hope this information has been helpful, please do not hesitate to contact me if I can provide further details.

Oct 5, 2018 at 8:40 AM Post #1,176 of 62,439
It means steady connectivity, which everybody can relate to. On the other hand not sure how many of the target audience accustomed to bundled buds even know what codec is, much less appreciate subtle sonic differences. And that while listening to already super compressed stream sitting on a train or running or working out.

For headphones, bluetooth 4.0 is plenty stable. Hell 3 is stable enough for headphones.

The difference between janky-ass SBC and aptx/aac is not gonna be subtle if you're listening to music above 128 and even if someone doesn't know a codec from a coke bottle they'll know that something sound better, and given that headphones are ostensibly an audio product you'd think that would be important.

Oct 5, 2018 at 9:27 AM Post #1,177 of 62,439
Here is the answer:

Lucy (RHA)

Oct 5, 9:05 AM BST

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your email. The TrueConnect supports Bluetooth AAC and aptX codecs and is fully compatible with all phone operating systems.

I hope this information has been helpful, please do not hesitate to contact me if I can provide further details.
Interesting, this is conflicting to what was told on instagram

Oct 5, 2018 at 9:31 AM Post #1,178 of 62,439
This is good to know. Makes me optimistic. But, we should know that the target audience during social media marketing is probably not the people on head-fi and we are really a minority of the business they target/get.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2018 at 1:40 AM Post #1,179 of 62,439
I've got some conflicting information regarding aac/aptx. "

" Thanks for contacting us and for your interest in the TrueConnect. The TrueConncet does not have AAC or AptX codex. However, does use Bluetooth 5 to ensure a strong, stable connect with great audio quaility."

Follow-up answer:

""For the design of the TrueConnect, we understand that the majority of users will be using streaming services for their music and almost all streaming services are not aptX compatible so we have chosen to use SBC codex, this also allows the device to be more compact and more beneficial to battery performance.

The TrueConnect does have really excellent call quaility, the stem design allows the microphone and reciver to work very well.

The TrueConnect will be avaible from our retailers from the 18th of October onwards."

Oct 6, 2018 at 1:48 AM Post #1,180 of 62,439

""For the design of the TrueConnect, we understand that the majority of users will be using streaming services for their music and almost all streaming services are not aptX compatible so we have chosen to use SBC codex, this also allows the device to be more compact and more beneficial to battery performance.

The TrueConnect does have really excellent call quaility, the stem design allows the microphone and reciver to work very well.

The TrueConnect will be avaible from our retailers from the 18th of October onwards."

ha, what a bull answer.. "...we have chosen to use SBC" the bare minimum for bt. wonder what cheap chip they are using

Oct 6, 2018 at 9:42 AM Post #1,183 of 62,439

" Thanks for contacting us and for your interest in the TrueConnect. The TrueConncet does not have AAC or AptX codex. However, does use Bluetooth 5 to ensure a strong, stable connect with great audio quaility."

Follow-up answer:

This doesn't even make sense. Streaming services don't support aptx? Huh? Surprised a company like RHA let this response go out the door....

Oct 6, 2018 at 1:33 PM Post #1,184 of 62,439
Does anyone have the time with far more knowledge on this subject than I (it would be nice and helpful for those interested in the "Truly Wireless Scene" ) to put together a post listing the various truly wireless products. Say a link to the product and also include in the post the battery life (hours buds) (hours case) and also the codec and bluetooth support. If you've trialed or own/owned a particular product, a few words about it would be certainly welcome. Hopefully this post could then turn into a sticky as a quick reference guide. A Big Thank You if someone takes this on.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #1,185 of 62,439
Hum...let's see :
1. Go here : https://www.rtings.com/headphones/tests/ - choose the feature you're interested in (isolation sound, etc...)
2. Add a colum for Wireless, check True Wireless
3. Read Up...it will take a while as they've tested about anything you can imagine...and more ! Best info available on the internet AFAIK and they add new headphones regularly.
Any specific questions, fire away here and I'm sure people will be happy to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back