Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 17, 2018 at 11:22 AM Post #766 of 62,436
My question is perhaps stupid but I plan to use the Jabra with my shanling Mo (more convenient for sports). Is the Jabra compatible with other players than Iphone specialy all the buttons functions (skip/pause/volume and so on on the Jabra).

Another question: when doing some EQ settings on the app (using a Iphone) are these settings recorded in the jabra and also working when using the jabra witn another player or are these settings only functional with the app + iphone/ android

My 65t plays fine from both Android phone and from iPad, it remembers pairing, all its own functionality (volume, pause/play, etc.) works same with both. By the same token settings in the app, like EQ, also persist across source devices.

Jul 17, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #767 of 62,436
I got the Jabra Active Elite 65T, they should be arriving tomorrow.

Does anyone know if there is a difference in SQ between different bluetooth players?

For example, are there any differences in SQ between LG V20 and the Fiio x3 when using blue tooth?

Also, since i'm getting the 65T tomorrow, if anyone has any questions specifically for the 65T, let me know.

Jul 17, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #768 of 62,436

Does anyone know if there is a difference in SQ between different bluetooth players?

For example, are there any differences in SQ between LG V20 and the Fiio x3 when using blue tooth?

Also, since i'm getting the 65T tomorrow, if anyone has any questions specifically for the 65T, let me know.
Eager to here your thoughts on them. I'm still deciding between the Elite 65t or the Jaybird Run.

Jul 17, 2018 at 10:58 PM Post #769 of 62,436

Bluetooth is just digitally transmitting the files. It doesn't matter what you use.

Jul 21, 2018 at 6:20 PM Post #771 of 62,436
PSA for those who have experienced bad audio lag issues with the Bose SoundSport Free. I just upgraded to v2.5.6 and it seems to have resolved most of the lag; iOS is near standard aptX latency (~70-80ms) while on Android it's a little more (~150ms). This is much better than before since I was experiencing almost a 1 second lag on Android (LG V30).

I haven't had connectivity issues so can't speak to how this FW impacts that. Hopefully others who have had those issues and have updated to this latest FW can chime in.

Jul 21, 2018 at 8:00 PM Post #773 of 62,436
Does 5.0 offer any actual audio improvements? I have read mixed reports. AptxHD maybe requires 5.0?
It's 5.1 and yes it does depending on the actual recording's engineering process the goal of surround sound is the separation of the elements of the sound as a whole and the better pronunciation of what your hearing triple and above drive IEMs have and are still achieving this eg: Jerry Harvey Audio (among others)

Jul 21, 2018 at 9:05 PM Post #774 of 62,436
Bluetooth is just digitally transmitting the files. It doesn't matter what you use.
Theoretically correct but technically not always true. It depends on each manufacturer's implementation of the BT codec in use. In general I've see very little variation for aptX (CSR chips) but lots of variance for SBC, of which the latter should become increasingly rarer as aptX and other codecs gain wider adoption.

Jul 21, 2018 at 9:24 PM Post #775 of 62,436
It's 5.1 and yes it does depending on the actual recording's engineering process the goal of surround sound is the separation of the elements of the sound as a whole and the better pronunciation of what your hearing triple and above drive IEMs have and are still achieving this eg: Jerry Harvey Audio (among others)

There is no Bluetooth 5.1. The latest spec is still 5.0. You seem to confusing this with surround sound 5.1 channels (5 channels + subwoofer) which is very different.

Jul 24, 2018 at 8:47 PM Post #776 of 62,436
New Comply Foam Tips coming!

I’ve had the Jabra Elite Active 65t for over one month now and very happy with these earphones. Only downside is lag with YouTube vids. No lag with Netflix or Amazon Prime video or streaming video from home network PC on iPhone 7 or iPad. I use the provided large size silicone tips and get good sound, albeit with slightly difficult fit.

I just tested new Comply foam tips being developed specifically for the 65t and Active 65t which appear to replace (or supplement) the older “truly wireless” foam tips. These new Comply foam tips were provided to me in Small, Medium and Large sizes just last week so I assume they will be offered for sale in those sizes too. They all fit in the charging case and performed very similarly to other Comply foam tips. I found them to be more comfortable than the provided silicone tips and about equal or better ambient sound isolation with good sound across the frequency spectrum.

Something to look forward to...

Jul 25, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #777 of 62,436
New Comply Foam Tips coming!

I just tested new Comply foam tips being developed specifically for the 65t and Active 65t which appear to replace (or supplement) the older “truly wireless” foam tips. These new Comply foam tips were provided to me in Small, Medium and Large sizes just last week so I assume they will be offered for sale in those sizes too. They all fit in the charging case and performed very similarly to other Comply foam tips. I found them to be more comfortable than the provided silicone tips and about equal or better ambient sound isolation with good sound across the frequency spectrum.

Something to look forward to...

Can you share any details on how the new 65t tips are different/better than the existing "Truly Wireless" tips? e.g. better sound isolation; impact on bass or sound signature etc.

I've been pretty happy using Comply's truly wireless tips with the 65t, and they seem to fit inside the case fine. However... I'll be excited if something better is on the way!

Jul 25, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #779 of 62,436
Can you share any details on how the new 65t tips are different/better than the existing "Truly Wireless" tips? e.g. better sound isolation; impact on bass or sound signature etc.

I've been pretty happy using Comply's truly wireless tips with the 65t, and they seem to fit inside the case fine. However... I'll be excited if something better is on the way!

I have not actually used the Truly Wireless tips because they only come in one size which is equivalent to the Medium size on other Comply foam tips. I require Large size tips to fit my ears so I doubted the Truly Wireless tips would fit me. I inquired with Comply support about 65t tips and alternatives and they invited me to the test program one month after my inquiry. The newly developed tips specifically for the Elite/Active 65t come in Small, Medium, and Large sizes (at least the test tips provided to me as part of the "VIP" test program were available in these sizes - I can only assume they will be the same tips that eventually go on sale depending on test feedback received by Comply). These tips are similar to other Comply foam tips such as the 'isolation' models in shape and materials without wax guards. I have isolation, sport and comfort tips for the Jlab Epic 2 wireless earphones and equate the 65t tips with the standard isolation tips as most similar. The 65t tips fit in the charging case whereas the other 'standard' tips (not truly wireless) do NOT fit in the charging case - height dimension is too tall and core inner diameter on the 65t tips maintains a good fit on the earphones so they don't slip off when being inserted/removed from your ears or the charging case. Overall, the 65t tips sound comparable to the silicone tips, perhaps a bit better bass depending on fit/seal you get. This is very subjective and I'm not measuring frequency response, just subjectively listening to same sources and songs with both tips installed and subjectively comparing. I find the 65t foam tips more comfortable than the provided silicone tips too and they fit very securely, so good for workouts/activity.

Jul 25, 2018 at 4:43 PM Post #780 of 62,436
Is there a true wireless option that has USB-C and aptx?
My Jabra 65t Elite on Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S8) use AAC, which as I gather in the same league as AptX, above SBC. Jabras also use BT5 and it shows. I understand desire for a better sounding codec but why usb-c is so important?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back