Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 27, 2018 at 10:27 PM Post #466 of 62,615
im running my sony wf1000x and noticed im only getting about 2 hours, is that normal I thought I was supposed to be 3 hours run time? its too bad because they sound so good.
The two hour battery life is what I'm seeing too.

I get much better battery life from the Soundsport Free and Beoplay E8.

As you said its a shame because the sound quality of the Sony is very good

Mar 28, 2018 at 12:06 AM Post #467 of 62,615
I picked up the Jabra Sport and B&O E8 to test out. E8 is really nice, after a couple hours burn in they sounded great. However, I intend to use these while working out, and the Jabra's actually had a more exciting sound, if not quite as refined. Add the more secure fit, the fact I can swim with them, and the HR tracking and it's a winner for me. I almost want to keep the e8's just for office and home use, but it's a lot to spend for that when I have lots of full size headphones

Mar 28, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #470 of 62,615
I am doing the update for the jabra elite 65t as we speak, pretty cool. I am wondering if there will be an update for the Jabra elite sport? I gotta check.

Mar 28, 2018 at 9:25 PM Post #471 of 62,615
hey everyone, thanks to previous posts, I got myself the Jabra Elite 65T. I'm quite impressed with everything about it (coming from iconX 2018) but does anyone find the provided ear tips to be not enough? The earbuds themselves don't look like they go deep into my ears so I'm having trouble with finding a good seal. Has anyone tried the truly wireless comply ones? I'm thinking of getting them but they do look like they're short so that won't fix the shallow insert.

Mar 28, 2018 at 10:30 PM Post #472 of 62,615
hey everyone, thanks to previous posts, I got myself the Jabra Elite 65T. I'm quite impressed with everything about it (coming from iconX 2018) but does anyone find the provided ear tips to be not enough? The earbuds themselves don't look like they go deep into my ears so I'm having trouble with finding a good seal. Has anyone tried the truly wireless comply ones? I'm thinking of getting them but they do look like they're short so that won't fix the shallow insert.

I have also noticed that it's a struggle to get a good seal with the supplier silicon tips. With the UE Super.fi5 pro that I had earlier, I was using the medium size tips and I could get a good seal with ease every single time. With the 65t, the medium tips are too small and even the big size tips don't go deep enough, and therefore it's hard to get a good seal. I tried using the tips that came with my UE Super.fi5 Pro and a few others sourced locally (haven't tried comply yet), and while the fit gets sorted out I have noticed the following:

• the stem of the eartip does not lock very well with the earbuds and therefore sometimes the tip detaches from the earbud and remains inside my ear while taking the earbud out of my ear
  • the case does not close because the eartips are deeper/longer than the stock tips
And so I am back to using the stock tips. Someone here mentioned that even the comply truly wireless do not provide a good seal/sound. They didn't mention anything about the locking mechanism with the earbud but it's pointless anyway if the seal doesn't improve over the stock tips

Mar 28, 2018 at 10:42 PM Post #473 of 62,615
I have also noticed that it's a struggle to get a good seal with the supplier silicon tips. With the UE Super.fi5 pro that I had earlier, I was using the medium size tips and I could get a good seal with ease every single time. With the 65t, the medium tips are too small and even the big size tips don't go deep enough, and therefore it's hard to get a good seal. I tried using the tips that came with my UE Super.fi5 Pro and a few others sourced locally (haven't tried comply yet), and while the fit gets sorted out I have noticed the following:

• the stem of the eartip does not lock very well with the earbuds and therefore sometimes the tip detaches from the earbud and remains inside my ear while taking the earbud out of my ear
  • the case does not close because the eartips are deeper/longer than the stock tips
And so I am back to using the stock tips. Someone here mentioned that even the comply truly wireless do not provide a good seal/sound. They didn't mention anything about the locking mechanism with the earbud but it's pointless anyway if the seal doesn't improve over the stock tips
what a shame. the fit is really the only problem I have with these. IconX was perfect fit for me but almost everything else is subpar compare to Elite 65

Mar 28, 2018 at 10:57 PM Post #475 of 62,615

This is a known issue with Jabra. i own the sport elite and tried the 65t. i think by design, the stems are short so shallow fit. if you use 3rd party tips they dont fit in the box. perhaps they intentionally made it a semi isolation design to allow outside noise, but not as bad as bose or apple. too bad as everything else about it is great.

Mar 28, 2018 at 11:05 PM Post #476 of 62,615
can you tell me please why icon X is subpar compared to the Elite 65? is it the audio quality? or the connection reliability?
sure. To my taste, the Elite 65T has a more balanced sound (which I prefer) and iconX is more bassy and not much separation.
The mic is way better on the Elite 65T: my friends said I sound loud and clear compared to when I tried with IconX.
While I love the onboard storage for music (I used it just because it provides longer battery life that way ~7hrs), but the Elite 65T themselves last way more than 5 hrs (I got around more than 6hrs on a charge continuous play at around 60% volume), in addition, the case provides 2 more charges (I think) so basically it's better for me than iconx (~14hrs in total w/ onboard music vs. ~18 or 19hrs on Elite 65T in total).
I love touch control but I sometimes touch them by accident and it can be quite irritating.
I have a fitness watch so I expected no health benefits from the earbuds so I'm fine with the 65T not having any.
Transparent mode is way better on 65T too (iconx's mode sounds too digital).
Software: I LOVE Auto-pause, I don't think iconx has this (as far as i can remember). Elite 65T app provides EQ that works well and Alexa support, while i don't use it much, I appreciate that it's there. The battery status seems to be accurate too (I kept checking every hour the first day I got them).
After all these, water-resistant is just icing on the cake for me :ksc75smile:

PS: connection is the most solid. Never drop on me (not once). I think there's a slight audio lag while watching youtube but I'm not sure, I was really paying attention to find any syncing issue

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2018 at 8:38 AM Post #477 of 62,615
sound quality wise Jabra elite 65t>Jabra elite sport> Samsung iconx 2018.

Mar 30, 2018 at 5:03 PM Post #478 of 62,615
I'm using the Optoma Nuforce BE Free8 with my Sony Nw-ZX300 with all music in FLAC. I tried all the ear tips that came with the Free8 and couldn't get the bass right. Then I tried a set of Sony silicon ear tips (ones with coloured ear tip "stalks") and these transformed the sound. The ear tips that came with the Feee8 are supposed to be Spintips but I was not impressed with them. I've not suffered any BT issues at all. There was initially some white noise when new but there seems to less after 2 hours.

Edit: just disovered when using my LG V20 with the USB Audio Player Pro that the white noise experienced by some users is heavily reduced with this audio player over the native LG music app.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2018 at 7:47 PM Post #479 of 62,615
I bought the Jabra Elite 65t for business calls. So far they are great... Has anyone tried any of the "well reviewed" cheap options from Amazon like the TOZO T8? I'm just curious and have not seen anything in this thread about them.

Apr 4, 2018 at 12:24 AM Post #480 of 62,615
So I've purchased the Elite 65t, one thing that bugs me is the video audio sync I have with my iPhone X and YouTube videos.
I actually wonder if this earbud is running AAC as the supported compression codec? Anyway to tell?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back