Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 31, 2019 at 9:35 AM Post #14,566 of 62,436
Ended up returning mine as well. Extreme EQ made them sound decent and I was going to use them for the gym and such, but when I switched to another pair of TWS', I forgot to reset the EQ and nearly pierced my eardrums. They looked good and were comfortable, but just couldn't deal with EQing back and forth.

i loved the case. pretty sure these were the only ones i've tried that had a non plastic case. wait the mw07 obviously. But would love to have some TWS that have either a metal or aluminum case that i enjoy listening to. Not a deal breaker if they don't obviously, would just be a nice adition

Oct 31, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #14,567 of 62,436
I commented a while back. Nothing remarkable about them, def. not a step up from the T5. I sent the M20 back. They weren't terrible, but they are no earfun Free, which i'm currently really enjoying.

Do you notice any "noise floor" in the right ear in the T5 between tracks ? I just got the M5 (supposedly identical to the T5) and have a bit of that, can't say it's a problem when listening to music though.

Oct 31, 2019 at 9:54 AM Post #14,568 of 62,436
Why not trade in the Note 10, get the iPhone, then pick up an LG V30 or V35 for a couple of Benjamins (aptX, aptX HD, LDAC). It will also have the Hi-Fi Quad DAC if you ever want to go wired.

Shoot, LG V30 (renewed) is dirt cheap.
https://www.amazon.com/LG-V30-H932-Certified-Refurbished/dp/B07DL11YRX/
FWIW, the DAC on the V40 is a huuge step up from the one on the V30, then again, i liked what i heard from the V20 better than from the v30. But the V40 is hands down the best of the 3 imo. Way mor volume control, and over all power

Oct 31, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #14,569 of 62,436
Got mine yesterday, listened to them for under 5 min and boxed them back up. Total garbage tuning. It's too bad, i like the case and the design. I didn't have any connection issues.
yeah no connection issues either, and both sides work indipendently To bad they suck.

Oct 31, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #14,570 of 62,436
@Caipirina - runners unite :wink: I'll give that claim a try later tomorrow

I want a data field on Strava to record which buds I have used on which runs :wink: I think the most milage so far would be with the Anbes 359, still the most reliable.
Dang, hit 3000km for 2019 today :D

BTW, THIS is another pair of earbud style TWS that i've been quite smitten with for a while now. Have not dared taking them out for a run though yet. But foams fit on them and they fit back in the case (with a bit of squeeze) ... the sound is at least as good as my Lezii, the connection appears to be more stable.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2019 at 10:16 AM Post #14,571 of 62,436
Went for a quick bike ride with the AirPods Pro and the ANC and Ambient modes will NOT cut it as there is a very annoying wind noise. Makes sense with the mics open for cancelling/listening but Apple claimed (or at least some reviewers) that there was a special design to mitigate that. Unfortunately with Android you can only toggle between two modes ANC/Ambient, ANC/Off and Ambient/Off with the settings having to be done on iOS (and complete pairing from scratch each time) so that's a bummer.

I want a data field on Strava to record which buds I have used on which runs :wink: I think the most milage so far would be with the Anbes 359, still the most reliable.
Dang, hit 3000km for 2019 today :D
Nice 1750km here but I took a break in March and was injured in June and August :frowning2: 100% of my mileage (well when I run alone) with the X12 Pro !

You can add a field in Runalyze to track your earbud mileage !

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #14,572 of 62,436
For those considering AP Pro on Android, mine worked perfectly. As a bonus, my garmin watch controlled the volume. I suspect any similar smart watch will do the same. So, while the Apple software tricks are fun and cool, I'm not sure they really affect functionality. There is no access to the ear tip test but I'll grab my wife's iphone for that. I do want to compare SQ between the ios and android over apple music but haven't had a chance yet.

Oct 31, 2019 at 10:21 AM Post #14,573 of 62,436
Dang, that's a great deal. How does the BT sound on it? @bronco1015 says the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 sounded really good via BT, but Redditors mentioned the DAC in didn't push wired devices very well. Bronco, have you tried any other BTs with the MI Mix 2?
not sure if theres much of a difference between the Mi mix 2 and 2S, but on the 2S yes. I tried them with my PSB M4U TW1 forever ago when i owned those, they sounded very full is the first word that comes to mind. nothing held back. i paired the ofusho f16 to them, wasn't worse than they sound on the v40, though i did remove the fin on them and a little of the outter plastic and they fit pretty great now and are my showerbuds now lol. Also the plantronics backbeat pro 5100 got loudest while paired to the mi mix 2S, and that thumping bass rattled my head. This phone is definitely not for everyone. That is to say, miui is not for everyone. but it is really customizable which is nice. Those are the only TWS i've paired with this phone as of yet. Forgot to add that yeah, not even gonna try wired anything with this phone. A i think it will be terrible, and B i don't want anything dongling from my phone.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2019 at 10:23 AM Post #14,574 of 62,436
Went for a quick bike ride with the AirPods Pro and the ANC and Ambient modes will NOT cut it as there is a very annoying wind noise. Makes sense with the mics open for cancelling/listening but Apple claimed (or at least some reviewers) that there was a special design to mitigate that. Unfortunately with Android you can only toggle between two modes ANC/Ambient, ANC/Off and Ambient/Off with the settings having to be done on iOS (and complete pairing from scratch each time) so that's

That's a bummer. I was wondering whether the wind noise would be an issue on the bike outside. That was one of my potential use cases as I ride on a trail.

Oct 31, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #14,575 of 62,436
That's a bummer. I was wondering whether the wind noise would be an issue on the bike outside. That was one of my potential use cases as I ride on a trail.

Good news, I went back and gave it another try and you can in fact have the three modes actives on Android too. Not sure what happened previously when my iPad didn't recognize my APPs after I'd linked them to my Android. Here's what I did :
- Connect to iPad
- Pair to Android with the button in the back of the case
- put them back in the box, open the box next to the iPad, it will show battery the battery info
- go to BT settings, connect or just clink on "i", then you can activate all three settings, ANC/Ambient/Off and they will stick when you connect to Android. For some reason they will be mirrored on the left and the right, might be a bug (FW is 2B576 on mine)

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2019 at 11:17 AM Post #14,576 of 62,436
Love the MW07 Go so far as a smaller package than original and the charging case is better for out and about.
The Airpods Pro seems quite tempting... Anybody thinks they're a good option for sleep earbuds? They look smaller, have shorter stick, and ANC should work to block AC noise in some hotels.

Oct 31, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #14,578 of 62,436
Just remembered that these AirPod pros have always on “hey Siri”. Works very good even in a noisy environment. Makes it nice when you’re exercising or have your hands full and need to change volume, play/pause, skip or play music from Apple Music or Spotify. The Spotify addition works pretty good, just have to say Spotify somewhere in the command. Not something I would use in public, but in my shop it’s very useful.

You can also tell Siri to turn noise canceling on and off and also turn on transparency mode. Not often I would do that, but a nice option.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back