Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 8, 2019 at 7:20 PM Post #10,381 of 62,639
UPS brought me this today:

Waiting for it to charge so I can test it. No indication on the packaging if it's the BA version or DD version.
So, I got mine and no, it's not the BA version. Driver flex alone in the right earpiece confirms that. Also, the call quality was described to me as "atrocious", so aside from the false advertisement, they are useless for business. The case is great and they actually sound pretty good when I EQ out some of the 400Hz flab and push the low-treble region (2kHz-4kHz) a bit. Even with the false advertisement, if the call quality was good and there wasn't any annoying driver flex (or it was at least consistent on both sides or none at all), then I'd probably keep them for the $51 I got them for.

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:27 PM Post #10,382 of 62,639
So, I got mine and no, it's not the BA version. Driver flex alone in the right earpiece confirms that. Also, the call quality was described to me as "atrocious", so aside from the false advertisement, they are useless for business. The case is great and they actually sound pretty good when I EQ out some of the 400Hz flab and push the low-treble region (2kHz-4kHz) a bit. Even with the false advertisement, if the call quality was good and there wasn't any annoying driver flex (or it was at least consistent on both sides or none at all), then I'd probably keep them for the $51 I got them for.

That's disappointing...

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:28 PM Post #10,383 of 62,639
I just ordered these sexy beasts that have a nice metal case. I admit, I was seduced by the case, so let's hope they sound good! I couldn't confirm if they support AAC, but let's hope they do! Even if they don't, if the sound is good enough to EQ, I will probably keep them for a nice gym pair. I'll leave the case out on display while I lift, tho, bruh.

Aug 8, 2019 at 8:00 PM Post #10,385 of 62,639
I'll leave the case out on display while I lift, tho, bruh.

5A642204-F61B-42ED-8A95-0B58D0396112.gif

Aug 8, 2019 at 8:09 PM Post #10,386 of 62,639
That's me on the right. Sadly, I came in 2nd. The other guy became some kind of big shot movie star. Always telling people to hurry up and get to "the choppa" or something like that. Crazy person. So close, yet so far... :frowning2:

Aug 8, 2019 at 8:48 PM Post #10,387 of 62,639
if you guys want to try what your TWS microphone sounds like you could download this Bluetooth Voice Recorder app if you're on Android. i found out that out of all my TWS, the Sabbat X12 and the Nillkin Go use quite an aggressive noise gate to block ambient sound, while the BT20S picks up my voice relative to the noise the loudest

Aug 8, 2019 at 9:56 PM Post #10,389 of 62,639
How's everyone digging the power beats pro? I like the ear hook especially for bike riding so I don't have to worry about losing them.
Oh they are excellent. Battery life is utterly ridiculous. Tight Bass clean and crisp but fun sounding. Treble can be slightly hot at times. Fit is excellent. Only drawback is isolation but they’re designed that way. I highly recommend them.

Aug 8, 2019 at 9:57 PM Post #10,390 of 62,639
How's everyone digging the power beats pro? I like the ear hook especially for bike riding so I don't have to worry about losing them.

Do the Beats have ambient mode? I thought about getting a pair for cycling, but I assumed the ear hook arm things would cause hella wind noise.

I actually went a different direction for bike riding, to a set of Bose Soundwear (recently on sale for half price). After many close calls over the years, I’ve tried many different solutions and was never really happy with any of them. The Soundwears are everything I could have ever hoped for, with regards to maximum situational awareness PLUS good sound.

Aug 8, 2019 at 10:02 PM Post #10,391 of 62,639
Oh they are excellent. Battery life is utterly ridiculous. Tight Bass clean and crisp but fun sounding. Treble can be slightly hot at times. Fit is excellent. Only drawback is isolation but they’re designed that way. I highly recommend them.
What do you mean with the isolation? Do you get a tight seal? When I don't get a tight seal it bothers me like a OCD which is why I bought and sold the MW07 twice. I can understand a not so good isolation as long as the seal is good.

Aug 8, 2019 at 10:28 PM Post #10,392 of 62,639
What do you mean with the isolation? Do you get a tight seal? When I don't get a tight seal it bothers me like a OCD which is why I bought and sold the MW07 twice. I can understand a not so good isolation as long as the seal is good.
Seal is good. Isolation isn’t. Imagine a mix between mw07 and Bose soundsports. I use the large tips. They let some sound in but seal and fit is amazing.

Aug 9, 2019 at 1:47 AM Post #10,393 of 62,639
If you ONLY care about music and aren't picky about any of the other stuff, I think you'll be satisfied. They support AAC and EQ well via Spotify/iPhone.

Even if it were ONLY for music, the Mpow T5 sounds better and is more comfortable for less money. The sound quality on these IS good, but not as good as the Mpow. I'd rate them pretty equivalent to the Aukey T10 for that. The connection isn't as strong as either the Aukey or Mpow either. Several times during an hour walk tonight I'd lose connection in an ear when using the buttons to change songs or volume. At times I was getting static in the music as well. Oh well. It was worth a try!

Aug 9, 2019 at 2:58 AM Post #10,395 of 62,639
Hey, thanks for the answer.

Indeed, they do have nice products, I had a ATE as a cheap IEM for a while and they were quite nice for the price. My problem with them is in a more ethical point of view.

I bought the ZS5 when there was only V1 and quietly they released V2 which unluckily was what I got and which was clearly a worse product without any consideration of costumers looking for the popular IEM that was V1.

The bluetooth cable was also quite unethical since it was clearly labeled as Aptx and while there were early reports of it not working I trusted the manual and thought it was a minor production problem.

That's why I'm taking their new product with a bit of care and not buying too much into the hype.

But anyways. So far it's been good reports from the T1, thanks for the input!

Well, the V1 was better, but not THAT better.
It was hyped indeed, but all the hype wasnt really deserved.

Get a ZS10Pro a ZSN, a bassy ZS4 or even a ES4, and then take your conclusions... you cant go wrong with those.

All their BT adapters are crap.
The APTX DOES have APTX, but it doesnt work well, in my case it connects at 48Khz and decode at 41Khz... lower pitched sound and cuts at each 4-5 seconds, have to change to 41Khz every time I connect at the developers settings.

Thats why I was so surprised by the T1's rock solid connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back