Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 16, 2024 at 6:53 PM Post #61,006 of 62,501
Just received Jabra Elite 8 Active ( to kill time before TE-ZX1 and Triumph's arrive). Got them 'like new' from Amazon with 37% (?) discount (~£125). Had 10's and they went back, these on the other hand will stay (gym use). Better in many ways and less 'gimmicky' (who cares about e.g. shi**y implementation of "head taking" :rolling_eyes: )

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2024 at 8:59 PM Post #61,007 of 62,501
Anyone know if the Gemini 2 have similar battery issues to the Gemini? Or what is currently out that has a comparable ANC? I've had a pair of Devialet Gemini for the last few years and found the ANC on them to be great along with the sound quality in general. But, I've had battery issues that make me reluctant to drop $$ on the Gemini 2. As in my first pair lasted about 1.5 years before the battery hardly lasted for about 1-2 hours. I got them replaced under warranty and now a year later the left earbud on the 2nd pair drains in 1-2 hours.

Or is that level of battery degradation just to be expected on tws after daily use of 3-4 hours a day for a year, with maybe around 350-400 battery cycles?

Mar 16, 2024 at 9:27 PM Post #61,008 of 62,501
Anyone know if the Gemini 2 have similar battery issues to the Gemini? Or what is currently out that has a comparable ANC? I've had a pair of Devialet Gemini for the last few years and found the ANC on them to be great along with the sound quality in general. But, I've had battery issues that make me reluctant to drop $$ on the Gemini 2. As in my first pair lasted about 1.5 years before the battery hardly lasted for about 1-2 hours. I got them replaced under warranty and now a year later the left earbud on the 2nd pair drains in 1-2 hours.

Or is that level of battery degradation just to be expected on tws after daily use of 3-4 hours a day for a year, with maybe around 350-400 battery cycles?
It’s not great tbh. Wouldn’t stop me from buying them however. But I unusually don’t listen longer than an hour or two.

Mar 16, 2024 at 9:37 PM Post #61,009 of 62,501
Anyone in the market for a new phone -- can confirm that the Xiaomi 14 Ultra (and i would expect all the 14 range) are rocking AptX Adaptive natively.
Getting AptX Adaptive 96 on my DPP's - definitely a superior codec.

Mar 16, 2024 at 11:32 PM Post #61,010 of 62,501
Anyone in the market for a new phone -- can confirm that the Xiaomi 14 Ultra (and i would expect all the 14 range) are rocking AptX Adaptive natively.
Getting AptX Adaptive 96 on my DPP's - definitely a superior codec.
When I finally get a new phone, I will make sure as hell that it has aptx lossless.

Mar 17, 2024 at 12:44 PM Post #61,016 of 62,501
Mar 17, 2024 at 1:02 PM Post #61,018 of 62,501
Saw that but me thinks the green second class will remain somehow.

It will, but only for the worst reasons. Apple is a crap company for the whole way they have treated messaging, and still for their green bubble 'classist' approach.

Mar 17, 2024 at 1:11 PM Post #61,019 of 62,501
It will, but only for the worst reasons. Apple is a crap company for the whole way they have treated messaging, and still for their green bubble 'classist' approach.
lol. The reasons - like most - are simply money. No ethics involved. It’s annoying for sure but absent government intervention, capitalism wins.

Mar 17, 2024 at 1:48 PM Post #61,020 of 62,501
Not having videos look they are from a Palm Treo, not having to go from WiFi to cellular range to piece together a group convo and "download" attachments, not having to get messages about people "reacting to your message" in liu of an emoji, these are pretty good reasons to me! I could live without the act of typing indicators... as for the rest of Apple's silly preoccupations I couldn't care less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back