Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 29, 2023 at 2:53 AM Post #59,116 of 62,515
My Aurvana Ace 2s still haven't arrived in the mail yet, I'm getting a bit annoyed at this. It still has the "between the 13th and 21st" as the estimated delivery date. I do dare say that I think their estimation is incorrect.

Also tried ordering the Fokus H-ANC but it seems like Amazon is not able to get the money from my card which is super annoying, never had that issue before. There's usually a restriction on my card for international purchases that usually aren't an issue on Amazon, but even when I opened it now they still haven't withdrawn any money. Wah.
Did you contact them? Sounds like a 'lost in the post' kinda deal.

Dec 29, 2023 at 5:16 AM Post #59,117 of 62,515
My Aurvana Ace 2s still haven't arrived in the mail yet, I'm getting a bit annoyed at this. It still has the "between the 13th and 21st" as the estimated delivery date. I do dare say that I think their estimation is incorrect.

Also tried ordering the Fokus H-ANC but it seems like Amazon is not able to get the money from my card which is super annoying, never had that issue before. There's usually a restriction on my card for international purchases that usually aren't an issue on Amazon, but even when I opened it now they still haven't withdrawn any money. Wah.
That sucks. Hopefully you get them soon. Been loving mine

Dec 29, 2023 at 7:33 AM Post #59,118 of 62,515

I was gonna order a set but the long shipping times completely turned me off. Despite in stock the quote 9 to 15 business days. Wth.

Dec 29, 2023 at 12:19 PM Post #59,122 of 62,515
Dec 29, 2023 at 1:09 PM Post #59,123 of 62,515
Prestige has arrived. Will have a listen when the kids are in bed tonight.

HYPE!
20231229_122005.jpg

Dec 29, 2023 at 2:26 PM Post #59,125 of 62,515
Here is more interesting xmems info then I promise I will shut up about this for the rest of the year :).

It looks like both the Falcon Max and Creative Aurvana are both using the Cowell module (I was only thinking drivers before). The module consists of the dynamic driver plus two solid state tweeters, one forward facing, the other side facing. This explains some of the interesting far right and left placement sounds that come out of the CAA - must be from the side facing tweeters. With this module I guess CAA and NFM have identical drivers and amplifier.

Pictures and more info here:

https://online.stereosound.co.jp/_ct/17675148

https://www.dday.it/redazione/47935...rvana-ace-2-altoparlanti-a-stato-solido-xmems

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #59,126 of 62,515
These just came in today: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C84TH239?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details. For the price, they're very much worth it.
Was finally able to load this page. Now I get why you were suggesting a comparison between the Mackie and these! If I had not bought the Mackie these look awesome and at a price point I would have considered buying them. Unfortunately not available in Amazon Canada which my browser kept trying to flip to. From the US site after shipping and import fees they come out $160CAD with possible additional taxes put them at minimum $45 higher than the Mackie.

Does the Noble have an APP? If so that helps justify the price difference.

EDIT: just reread the details of the Noble and it does have an app with 10 band EQ. So definite upgrade on the Mackie in this regard.

Looking at them both they look very similar in design. It would be interesting to A/B them. Maybe at some point I will be able to afford H-ANC. But for now I will just test the Mackie against what I have on hand.

EDIT: The design and basic specs are very similar between the 2 models, they both have 6 Knowles mics, a Knowles driver, 10mm driver, same modes, face plate has almost the same shape and mic/led layout. It's like they have the same OEM manufacturer.

If they do, this by itself does not mean they are same... it just means lots of components might be the same, but each company decides on tuning and extra features such as an app for the Noble...

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2023 at 2:49 PM Post #59,128 of 62,515
Here is more interesting xmems info then I promise I will shut up about this for the rest of the year :).

It looks like both the Falcon Max and Creative Aurvana are both using the Cowell module (I was only thinking drivers before). The module consists of the dynamic driver plus two solid state tweeters, one forward facing, the other side facing. This explains some of the interesting far right and left placement sounds that come out of the CAA - must be from the side facing tweeters. With this module I guess CAA and NFM have identical drivers and amplifier.

Pictures and more info here:

https://online.stereosound.co.jp/_ct/17675148

https://www.dday.it/redazione/47935...rvana-ace-2-altoparlanti-a-stato-solido-xmems
That might explain Noble's comments about the Falcon being a "Toyota". I wonder if the Prestige XMEMS will use a different driver set up that an off the shelf plug and play. It looks like maybe the xmems folks got out ahead of Noble on the marketing of the Falcon Max.

Dec 29, 2023 at 3:18 PM Post #59,129 of 62,515
That might explain Noble's comments about the Falcon being a "Toyota". I wonder if the Prestige XMEMS will use a different driver set up that an off the shelf plug and play. It looks like maybe the xmems folks got out ahead of Noble on the marketing of the Falcon Max.
I think the $1500 Oni IEM was using their Montera and a custom dongle with their Aptos (which sounds too much like atmos) amp. And yes, the Cowell used in the Falcon and CAA is a Toyota in comparison. But hey, have you seen Toyota's new Prius? 😏

Maybe Noble will find a way to fit the Montera into a TWS. Or maybe they will use the Cypress which apparently came after this article. Otherwise, I'm not sure what sort of secret sauce they can lay on top of the Cowell module.

Dec 29, 2023 at 4:26 PM Post #59,130 of 62,515
Think, correct me, probably the Creative is off the shelf but the Falcon max is not with dynamic driver sounds like it a custom option. The Cowell should be the same in both but the Creative always says it is a 10mm driver and the Noble mentions having a dual layer LCP driver. The Prestige may well be the XM1 set up in TWS. The Cowell and the 8.3mm high performance driver. Read that Cypress is later in the year so not what would be in the Prestige if that is coming next year. Sounds like Cypress TWS powered wouldn't come till 2025 if mass production of the driver won't get rolling till the stated "late 2024".

Anyway seems like the Creative is the regular 10mm driver, Noble might have a slightly better version of the 10mm driver and the high performance dynamic is on another level.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back