Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 19, 2023 at 2:49 AM Post #58,771 of 62,470
The Aurvana Ace 2 are really impressing the more time I use them. App finally runs on my main phone but EQ still not functioning. Aptx Lossless and XMEMS compliment each other very good. The Ace 2 aren't the best sounding but they sound like they went a step above anything I've heard out of any TWS. Do like how bright they sound too. The volume is solid, comparable to the MW09 max volume
I had the same issue - only way to get the app to connect and use EQ was to turn off LE via the bluetooth connection for the Ace 2 in bluetooth settings. The buds unpair then repair and the app is usable.

What phone/device are you using that supports APTX Lossless on the outgoing side?

Dec 19, 2023 at 3:23 AM Post #58,772 of 62,470
I don't think I'll get my Aurvana Ace 2 before the holidays tbh, I still haven't received any sort of shipping update, still just says processing.
I think it could be that they haven't been delivered in time to the Nordic department of Creative or something.
I mean sure, maybe if they send it today or tomorrow it could potentially get here on Friday, but that's... not something I would see as a given.

Dec 19, 2023 at 3:38 AM Post #58,773 of 62,470
Also, my Bose QC Ultra Buds seem to have crap the bed again with yet another weird issue where the sound became honestly absurd, like extremely bloated especially on one of the earbuds. The left earbud doesn't seem to want disconnect somehow either, I mean it's not literally connected to my phone when in the case, but it doesn't give me that trademark "sound blast" when you put it in your ear yet can play music, and the white noise level when not playing music just increased tenfold from what it normally is.

Why can't they just make crap that works? They're such a huge brand and even though other brands sometimes have issues with their buds as well, there are NONE that I have had as many issues with as the Bose pretty much. Like, I enjoy these earbuds so damn much except for all of the issues, otherwise I'd throw 'em to the curb.
I bet the issue will resolve itself somehow later on, but it's such a damn bummer for a pair of not-so-cheap earbuds.
The Jabra 10's? They just work. Sony XM5? just works. Technics AZ80? Just works.
Don't get why Bose who's been in the Bluetooth game for so long can fail so hard at the fundamentals of earbuds.
I mean I know that not everybody has as big of a problem as I do, but everywhere I read MANY people have them to a degree where it feels like... unacceptable.

End of rant haha.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2023 at 7:44 AM Post #58,774 of 62,470
I searched the thread but it appears only a couple here have purchased the new JLabs. Any more thoughts on that?
I like the sound. Only thing is that I can't get the microphone to work with my MBP 2017 or MBP M1 2020 via bluetooth. Working fine with dongle included the package. Also microphone works with iPhone and Windows machines. JLAB Support suggest RMA for the earbuds. Well I live in Finland and bought these from Amazon.com because these are not yet available in EU. So it will take some time.
Sounded all right. The AZ80s sound better for me. The EQ on the jlabs is all over the place. And the ear tips ended up hurting my ears whereas the AZ80s are very comfortable.
What is the current firmware version with your JLAB Epic Lab Edition earbuds? App says update complete, but MacOS bluetooth info says 1.0.0 as current version for the earbuds.

Anybody else having issues? Or able to get Mac + JLAB Epic Lab Edition microphone work together via bluetooth?

Dec 19, 2023 at 9:54 AM Post #58,776 of 62,470
I’ve never seen a lithium battery flat out fail in my life. They are disposable items but it’s not because of the batteries it’s for other reasons.
well that's really anecdotal and not correct. it's easy to find stories of lithium batteries failing. but that's not really what people are talking about here.

people aren't talking about a drastic failure, people are talking about the 100% known fact that these batteries degrade over time as to how much charge they hold which drastically affects the battery life and makes it non user friendly.

TWS are disposable precisely because of the battery.

Dec 19, 2023 at 9:56 AM Post #58,777 of 62,470
well that's really anecdotal and not correct. it's easy to find stories of lithium batteries failing. but that's not really what people are talking about here.

people aren't talking about a drastic failure, people are talking about the 100% known fact that these batteries degrade over time as to how much charge they hold which drastically affects the battery life and makes it non user friendly.

Sorry. I couldn’t disagree more vehemently. Then again, I drive an EV. The battery will last 300k miles. I think I’ll be okay with $200 tws. If I use them enough that the battery capacity drops to 75 percent I’ll feel pretty good that I got my moneys worth.

Dec 19, 2023 at 9:58 AM Post #58,778 of 62,470

It’s pretty laughable that people are coming up with reasons to not buy tws because batteries degrade. I mean seriously. Do you worry about this with cell phones, iPads, laptops or the hundreds of other consumer goods that rely on lithium batteries? I mean you guys and gals you can come up with whatever excuse you want to criticize tws but blaming it on the batteries is weak sauce.

Dec 19, 2023 at 9:59 AM Post #58,779 of 62,470
Sorry. I couldn’t disagree more vehemently. Then again, I drive an EV. The battery will last 300k miles. I think I’ll be okay with $200 tws. If I use them enough that the battery capacity drops to 75 percent I’ll feel pretty good that I got my moneys worth.
That's fine. You can disagree vehemently but it's the primary reason TWS are considered disposable and pretty much everyone else here knows it but you. This is a widely accepted fact.

Also price does matter. Sure for a $150 TWS I may think that the EOL is kind of ok due to the price of the TWS but when you start getting into $300 to now $600 range, that ROI starts to get worse.

Dec 19, 2023 at 10:02 AM Post #58,780 of 62,470
It’s pretty laughable that people are coming up with reasons to not buy tws because batteries degrade. I mean seriously. Do you worry about this with cell phones, iPads, laptops or the hundreds of other consumer goods that rely on lithium batteries? I mean you guys and gals you can come up with whatever excuse you want to criticize tws but blaming it on the batteries is weak sauce.

no it's not laughable, what's laughable is you being really proud of being wrong.

and yes, people and myself do worry about battery life in other electronics like cell phones and more. in fact the EU has manded that cell phone batteries become more easily replaceable for that very reason (I think it takes effect in 2025), to stop this planned obsolescence with expensive electronics. it's a very well-known topic of concern not just among consumers, but regulators as well watching out for consumer interests.

I'd say if the EU is worrying about it and has put into effect regulation, that is indeed people worrying about it. But you do you.

Dec 19, 2023 at 10:02 AM Post #58,781 of 62,470
That's fine. You can disagree vehemently but it's the primary reason TWS are considered disposable and pretty much everyone else here knows it but you. This is a widely accepted fact.

Also price does matter. Sure for a $150 TWS I may think that the EOL is kind of ok due to the price of the TWS but when you start getting into $300 to now $600 range, that ROI starts to get worse.
Absurd. Start a poll here and ask people how much they care about batteries. It will be low on the list of priorities for tws. If not the bottom. Seriously, you’re out of touch. $300 to $600 is peanuts in the headfi world.

Dec 19, 2023 at 10:04 AM Post #58,782 of 62,470
no it's not laughable, what's laughable is you being really proud of being wrong.

and yes, people and myself do worry about battery life in other electronics like cell phones and more. in fact the EU has manded that cell phone batteries become more easily replaceable for that very reason (I think it takes effect in 2025), to stop this planned obsolescence with expensive electronics. it's a very well-known topic of concern not just among consumers, but regulators as well watching out for consumer interests.

I'd say if the EU is worrying about it and has put into effect regulation, that is indeed people worrying about it. But you do you.
Live a little brother. Worry less. It’s not good for you. I have better things to worry about than making tws purchases based on potential battery degradation. It’s literally never once crossed my mind.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2023 at 10:07 AM Post #58,783 of 62,470
Absurd. Start a poll here and ask people how much they care about batteries. It will be low on the list of priorities for tws. If not the bottom. Seriously, you’re out of touch. $300 to $600 is peanuts in the headfi world.

again you show how out of touch you are. Sure being into high end audio gear is expensive, but guess what, besides tubes, mostly any other product can last a lifetime, until they start needing batteries that go bad to the equation. I mean people do spend a lot in this hobby, but if you don't think people have budgets and try to find value as we all aren't rich. I mean how many posts are about price points, people asking for the best IEM say from a couple hundred to kilobuck. Guess what that is? Wow, that's people working with a budget, and part of that consideration is how long the product will last. I can spend 2500 on my Volur, but I know if I take care of them, they will last a loooooooooooong time.

Dec 19, 2023 at 10:08 AM Post #58,784 of 62,470

How would you propose that someone manufacture a tws with replaceable batteries? You do realize that these are tiny consumer electronics. Completely different in form from a cell phone. If tws were required to have replaceable batteries, they’d be twice the size and no one would want them. It’s not possible to engineer tiny tws with replaceable batteries. Even more absurd.

Dec 19, 2023 at 10:09 AM Post #58,785 of 62,470
Live a little brother. Worry less. It’s not good for you. I have better things to worry about than making tws purchases based on potential battery degradation. It’s literally never once crossed my mind.
I live plenty and have plenty of good and bad consumer shopping habits. I mean, just look at my signature, am I really not living a little in regards to audio? I have quality amps, dacs, IEMs and headphones and tubes that are probably pushing close to 10 grand in audio gear. I mean how you could say that to me is laughable because what I own is right here in every one of my posts.

maybe money is not a factor to you.

well back here in reality, it's a factor to lots of people. and the cost vs lifetime of a product is a concern to us peasants, where money and budget are factors.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back