Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 7, 2023 at 5:58 PM Post #57,331 of 62,389
So I've had the Jabra 10's for a couple of weeks now and have warmed up to them quite a bit !
The multipoint works really well (a big + compared to my daily drivers, the Earfun Air Pro 2), the ANC is ok (not great) and there's so much it can do with the lack of strong passive isolation. An unexpected perk is the very efficient wind noise filter in "Hear Through" mode as pointed out by another member.It's the best mode to use while riding a bike (when conditions permit), will have to try it on my home trainer. What "bugs" me is the price, should these really cost 250€ ?...

Oct 7, 2023 at 6:07 PM Post #57,332 of 62,389
For anyone that’s heard both, would the Denon Perl Pro and FoKus Mystique be considered on par? Or any particular areas where each excels in over the other? Appreciate the input!
I'm using the Fokus Pro and the Denon ATM.

Fokus Pro has some differences to the Mystique but it's largely the same sound signature with the main difference being a slight tweak to the low end across the models.

They are both presenting music differently so it's hard to say if they are on par or not. The Denon is less natural (but isn't designed to be) better for music designed for speakers and parties.

I listen to Goa trance and Drum n Bass so the Denon is in my ears every chance I get. It plays music like you're at a party and has the wildest soundstage across any iem or tws I've heard.

The Noble will have more forward mids with stronger attack and a more natural sound. The bass will still be great but it won't have the width and rumble of the Denon. That being said it is tighter.

Denon highs I actually think are better, more spacious and sparkly than the Noble Fokus Pro.

Noble fits really deep and has great passive isolation. Denon fit is more particular but for me is more comfortable.

If you prefer intimate and softer styles of music. Noble is probs the one to go for. If you like to party I still couldn't pass up the Denon.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2023 at 6:35 PM Post #57,333 of 62,389
In which areas they're not so great?

Haven't bought any TWS in like a month (!) so starting to feel "the itching"...

I was a fan of Elite 7 pros physical aspects. Perhaps 10s sound more resolving in comparison.

Are the 10s ok for running out should I look into 'active' version
I use mine for jogging and strength training with no issue so don't think you need the Elite 8 unless your maybe an extreme athlete.

I went 10 because I not a fan if the 7's sound and hoped the larger new 10mm driver and semi open design might fix the very average sound of the 7. In this regard I think the Elite 10 has knocked it out of the park!

Having said that though I love the open sound quality these provide. So if that appeals to you they would be the better option.
But if that aspect is not a driving feature for you, the Elite 8 might be the safer option cost wise and for added ruggedness.

The only danger of the 10 is fit as some have found even the extra large tips are not big enough and they are a proprietary design. Bit one member has found they can use the Bose QC2 tips so there is 1 alternative tips that can be used if they don't fit. For me the extra large works pretty much perfectly. Just be prepared that these will feel different due to design so may feel unsecured even though they actually fit properly. It took me about a week to get used to the fit and I still fiddle a bit just because my brain says they should be snugger even though they don't move and have a good seal.

EDIT: areas good but not great. ANC is good but not Elite, same for ambient. More than good enough for me though! I live in a windy area and these handle wind OK but not quite as good as the MTW3 in wind mode. Detail is not quite as good as a TWS with LDAC, but the psycho accoustics more than make up for the difference in my opinion.

Note if you live in Canada most store will not accept returns, but the Jabra site offer a 100 day return policy if you want the safest option in case your not satisfied.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2023 at 6:37 PM Post #57,334 of 62,389
@Steve_72 an easier summary would be to say that the Noble is like being in the studio.

The Denon is like being on the dancefloor.

Oct 7, 2023 at 6:54 PM Post #57,335 of 62,389
Oct 7, 2023 at 6:56 PM Post #57,336 of 62,389
@Steve_72 an easier summary would be to say that the Noble is like being in the studio.

The Denon is like being on the dancefloor.
More like having a 1980s TV on with no content, static and white noise everywhere.

Oct 7, 2023 at 7:46 PM Post #57,337 of 62,389
More like having a 1980s TV on with no content, static and white noise everywhere.
:L3000:
Not trynna talk you into revisiting or anything. But I returned 2 Nuratrue Pro's due to connectivity issues outdoors.

Rolled the dice on the Denon cause I missed the sound and haven't had any issues.

You're the first I've heard with that specific issue, could be an unlucky fault.

Still, it's always a risk with wireless as more can go wrong. Same goes for wired but there is just less potential issues.

Oct 7, 2023 at 10:35 PM Post #57,339 of 62,389
I would probably buy a pair of they had proper controls. I mean, if I connect them to my watch and go for a run - I cant even control the volume, that's ridiculous.
What's you take on DPP, Z80, Fidelio T1, BO EX and Gemini 2, if you've tried any of those?
Im searching for my next work-out/running and walk in the city earbuds, but its apparently hard to find a good pair. Good sound, good ANC, preferably good call quality (on the other end) and most important no weird issues (like picking up tons of wind noise outside or loud occlusion sound?

I might order all of the above mentioned buds (together or one by one). But in general I dont like sending products back, feel like Im abusing the system.

Oct 8, 2023 at 12:02 AM Post #57,342 of 62,389
Interesting....

I tried my MTW3 for the first time in a while. Still have not sent them off for warranty. They are not making that beeping sound I was getting. But they have a big sound shift from ANC to no ANC which did not use to exist and the ANC pressure is almost unbearable. Are those also signs of the issue these have when they start having a problem?

With AnC off I actually prefer the Elite 10.

The 10 is pretty close to the exact same sound with or without ANC to my ears BTW.
Interesting...I don't get a big shift in sound between ANC on/Off on the MTW3 nor do I have issues with the ANC pressure on them. I do notice a difference between ANC on/HearThrough vs Off on the Elite 10s. Doesnt really bother me though since I usually have HearThrough or ANC on amd the sound between those two modes seems pretty consistent to me on the Elite 10s (i.e. I only notice a different if I turn off both). I do get a bit more pressure with ANC On (not anti-wind mode) on the MTW3 but nothing uncomfortable (ANC on the Bose QC35 IIs is unbearable for me).

I find myself reaching for the Elite 10s the most these days. Definitely my favorite right now as an overall package. Used them for commuting a few times this week and they were great. ANC on the MTW3 seems to be a bit better for me but I think it is due to the semi-open design of the Elite 10. I take the railroad to the city (I live in NY) and have no issues with blocking out fan noise or low frequency sounds with the Elite 10s but I can still hear mouse clicks, keyboards and voices/announcements with ANC on when listening at low volumes.

Oct 8, 2023 at 12:09 AM Post #57,343 of 62,389
Oct 8, 2023 at 12:10 AM Post #57,344 of 62,389
I thinks my MTW3 are just broken. The ANC sounds way different now and the pressure is nasty. Nothing like before the chirping issue started.

Yah the ANC and open design of the Elite 10 makes them a bit susceptible to clicks of mice and stuff at lower volumes.

The 10 are close to everything I hoped sound wise out of the DPP. They have replaced the XBA Z5 for me. I would not have thought that possible with a single driver and certainly not from Jabra. But there you have it... they really do something special.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back