Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 11, 2023 at 12:38 PM Post #56,356 of 62,838
This helped a ton, the only downside of the 3ANC at the moment is the lack of higher quality Codecs, almost a deal breaker to me honestly.
Don't knock the 3ANC till you try them. They're pretty awesome. Triple driver. Nice surprise TWS out there and the price is great.

I agree with @subguy812 regarding the AZ80. Best all around package. That said, I actually prefer the MTW3 sound and the deals for them are sick. If you're flying a lot, I did struggle with the AZs on a flight. Wound up overnighting the Bose QCII for the way back!

Sep 11, 2023 at 12:40 PM Post #56,357 of 62,838
I would venture to guess, you may not really even notice. @erockg can chime in on the 3ANC as well
Totally agree. Every time I use them I'm surprised. Few gripes, like controls, but once you train your brain, no issues. Never had one dropout, disconnect, crash, nothing. Surprising really.

More importantly, those new AK buds are now slated to release next Tuesday and my finger is on the pre-order button. Anyone know the number for TWS Anonymous?

Sep 11, 2023 at 12:45 PM Post #56,358 of 62,838
One of my TWS had to go. The pair that was getting zero use. Somehow, I managed to sell my fitted UE Drops on eBay. I swear, you really can sell just about anything. I dug up this rock outside in a field, anyone want to bid on it?

Sep 11, 2023 at 3:31 PM Post #56,359 of 62,838
Sep 11, 2023 at 4:00 PM Post #56,360 of 62,838
You can me both. We just have too many and get GAS. I was just using the Azla SednaEarfit MAX for TWS. Final TWS tips work better but the noise movement is still there. Just tried the CP360, same issue. Ugh. Rollin rollin rollin...

I know they're expensive at 20 USD a pair, but the Pentaconn Coreir are so so so good. The comfort is insane (Sednas really hurt my ears in any size) and they NEVER fall out... and of course - the sound is absolutely phenomenal; that metal ring ensures you are getting the purest sound possible from that IEM... by that I mean that nothing else is impeding on the full range of the IEM - I absolutely despise foam tips for many reasons & think they should be banned 😅 - one of the reasons is that they really get in the way & can affect the engineer sound massively. Why on earth anyone spend a significant amount of money on an IEM only to screw it up with a crappy $5 tip that's basically getting in the way & changing the sound you've paid for for the absolute worst.

$20 may seem like a lot, but really, if I'm asked 'do you want to significantly improve the comfort, the convenience & (to a varying degree) the sound of your top 5 IEMs that you've paid thousands of dollars on for $100?' That's a compelling case if you love them like I do.

Sep 11, 2023 at 4:02 PM Post #56,361 of 62,838
I know they're expensive at 20 USD a pair, but the Pentaconn Coreir are so so so good. The comfort is insane (Sednas really hurt my ears in any size) and they NEVER fall out... and of course - the sound is absolutely phenomenal; that metal ring ensures you are getting the purest sound possible from that IEM... by that I mean that nothing else is impeding on the full range of the IEM - I absolutely despise foam tips for many reasons & think they should be banned 😅 - one of the reasons is that they really get in the way & can affect the engineer sound massively. Why on earth anyone spend a significant amount of money on an IEM only to screw it up with a crappy $5 tip that's basically getting in the way & changing the sound you've paid for for the absolute worst.

$20 may seem like a lot, but really, if I'm asked 'do you want to significantly improve the comfort, the convenience & (to a varying degree) the sound of your top 5 IEMs that you've paid thousands of dollars on for $100?' That's a compelling case if you love them like I do.
Where are you finding them for $20? Ah for one pair. yep I see them for $49 but it is two pair. I just can't get the large unless I wait for a month.

Sep 11, 2023 at 4:19 PM Post #56,362 of 62,838
One of my TWS had to go. The pair that was getting zero use. Somehow, I managed to sell my fitted UE Drops on eBay. I swear, you really can sell just about anything. I dug up this rock outside in a field, anyone want to bid on it?
Stick some fake eyes and some clothes in then you can have pet rocks for sell lol

Sep 11, 2023 at 4:21 PM Post #56,363 of 62,838
Found two parts review of Pentaconn Coreir. More like tips collection bragging video. :smiley:
Can anyone explain what does it actually change, boost treble, bass, clears mids, etc?

Another concern how solid core will react to mismatched nozzle size. E.g. with soft core if yo have wide nozzle IEM like typical TWS mismatch will look like this as it just stretches over.

Code:
/   \
|    |

with metal core, the part of the nozzle will be just blocked.

Code:
 |  |
|    |

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2023 at 4:39 PM Post #56,364 of 62,838
What the ??? Anyone seen this before, my jabra’s are delayed due to the Ukraine war.
😀

image.jpg

Sep 11, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #56,366 of 62,838
Where are you finding them for $20? Ah for one pair. yep I see them for $49 but it is two pair. I just can't get the large unless I wait for a month.
I'm in Thailand. In fairness I got the 4 extra pairs in a 09.09 sale... the first pair I only bought one pair, because you really need to get your size absolutely bang on - fortunately I lucked out and nailed it first time with s/m. I'm an M with both Spinfit W1 & Moondrop Springtips & I went down a little just to make sure that metal ring wasn't going to be rubbing painfully against my ear. As I mentioned the Sedna Xelastec really bloody hurt.

I only have one pair in hand right now & they're so superior that when I change IEM, I have to change to these tips... like I said you really need to get your size absolutely right, or they'll likely be an absolute waste... there's good reason they do them in so many sizes.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2023 at 5:05 PM Post #56,368 of 62,838
Sep 11, 2023 at 5:16 PM Post #56,369 of 62,838
You can me both. We just have too many and get GAS. I was just using the Azla SednaEarfit MAX for TWS. Final TWS tips work better but the noise movement is still there. Just tried the CP360, same issue. Ugh. Rollin rollin rollin...

Tried ANC/ambient off? I get occlusion effect sound picked up by the internal mic, thats then amplified. Turn them off and the noise goes away.

It'd also do the noise if I bumped my head against a headrest or tapped the back of my head with a palm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back