Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 16, 2023 at 11:11 AM Post #52,546 of 62,659
I received my Senn MTW2's and as always, they are excellent; fit, sound, APP and build/quality are top notch. These things are a steal at $99 and are easily worth $200 Plus in todays market. With the old (Ha! three years) work horses dropping to these prices, the new TWS's have to spectacular to be priced over $250. Next up my $99 Technics (the 60's)..

May 16, 2023 at 1:41 PM Post #52,549 of 62,659
Being playing with the TWX9 for awhile as well. From what I noticed the passive is good enough for general use and the only time ANC is nice is duing underground train rides which its really good at taking away that tunnel wind noise.

One thing I find annoying is that sometimes even in the case it doesnt cut connection and as such you get lopsided charging.
Otherwise for people that like dem tight sound with nice body the TWX9 is about as good as Ive heard TWS wise, sadly so much TWS sacrifce controlled bass for fun THICC blooby bass.

May 16, 2023 at 1:52 PM Post #52,550 of 62,659
May 16, 2023 at 2:16 PM Post #52,553 of 62,659
sweet but how chonk is the case irl since this a render. Also I wonder if it will have a mimick APP EQ since its by apple now.
Not sure what chonk and mimick means, but I’d guess this is just an updated version of the original Studio Buds. We’ll all know more tomorrow!

May 16, 2023 at 6:39 PM Post #52,554 of 62,659
Yes...but I love A&K DAPS, I currently use the SP3000. I am not a fan of Noble and I had the Final D8000 Pro headphones and loved them. But the ZE8000 was just meh to me, that is purely subjective, others love them.

I am looking purely for sound quality and with my lifestyle average ANC is fine.
I have the SP3000 too. It’s actually my first DAP and I love it. I use it as a Bluetooth sink receiver, a source for my Warwick Bravura, and with my Kublai Khan, Vision EXT, and UM indigos

May 16, 2023 at 6:41 PM Post #52,555 of 62,659
Yea weird, I noticed that from your other posts, wouldn't have thought it'd be loud enough for you. I like scrambling my mind with Goa trance and they couldn't do it for me.
Try the UM Free. It’s too loud for me at like 30% volume!

I successfully chopped the stems down on my favorite Acoustune tips to get them to fit in the UM case. It was a real pain in the ass but I have an awesome fit now.

May 16, 2023 at 6:43 PM Post #52,556 of 62,659
I just picked a pair up at Wally World on clearance for 75$. They are my go-to tws now. The size and fit, along with great BT connection, make them perfect for every situation. They don't sound as good as my mystiques or orbits but but they both have issues. Constant drop outs on the orbits and random touch commands on the mystiques.
Did you see the Griswold family when you were there?

May 16, 2023 at 8:55 PM Post #52,557 of 62,659
Try the UM Free. It’s too loud for me at like 30% volume!

I successfully chopped the stems down on my favorite Acoustune tips to get them to fit in the UM case. It was a real pain in the ass but I have an awesome fit now.
Na, I was one of the first to have the UM Free and I literally hated it. Never felt so strongly to a TWS before but for the price everything felt wrong.

I've mentioned it before but the bass was non existent. I've seen others on the UM Free page praising the bass so who knows, I even went as far as to email customer support about the tuning on the version i had vs the international release. I did like the mids and highs though, thought the bone conductor for highs is a cool concept and did think that it worked. But would prefer to know where the BCD sits so I could make sure that part of the bud was always touching.

I'm using the Fiio and Nuratrue Pro mostly. Probably gonna buy the heavily discounted Noble Fokus Pro for $350 AUD which seems like a steal

May 16, 2023 at 10:09 PM Post #52,558 of 62,659
I sent them back. Just couldn't use them at all, default tuning and driver limitations meant I suspected EQ'ing would be a thankless task.

I did upload the FR to squig before I put them in the post though, if you wanted to try and EQ from that.....

https://regancipher.squig.link/?share=Earfun_Air_Pro_3
Well, for anyone that has this tws, I eq them this way, makes them listenable. Multipoint is good and the mic quality is good as well, so it's going into my rotation for calls at the computer.

IMG_1458.png

Last edited:
May 17, 2023 at 1:03 AM Post #52,560 of 62,659
Hey bruvs so I have the nekocake but I think I can do better since I just got rid of my over ear bt headphones, was looking at the galaxy buds pro 2 but they seem to only be aac on non samsung phones so now I’m between linkbuds s and space a40, anyone know if it’s worth going with the sony? Or are the galaxy buds still better even with just aac?

Might stretch to the xm4 if it’s that much better than the linkbuds too…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back