Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 10, 2023 at 12:40 AM Post #50,011 of 62,387
even there is something thats better, only tiny better, on certain things.
I'm kind of inclined to agree at this point. I've been listening to the new Final and Fiio side by side along with older models like the Nuarl N6 Pro2.

While the former two are better, they aren't orders of magnitude better and they don't put other buds to shame. I've been assuming that if you go for the more high end bud you're going to get significant gains. After trying a high end model I'm impressed and I like it, but it's not a game changer, just a different sound presentation.

Jan 10, 2023 at 9:09 AM Post #50,014 of 62,387
Of course I did! Wrote some thoughts a few weeks ago - do a search. Returned them due to ghost taps registering while in my ears. Plan to repurchase soon.
From now on, no need to post in this thread. Just IM Erockg. Chances are he's tried it.

Jan 10, 2023 at 9:11 AM Post #50,015 of 62,387
Sadly I didn't try Nuratrue pro coz they don't reply to my emails.
Sounds familiar. Sounds like a guaranteed way to run your company right out of business. They did admit to me that they sold me an item as in stock that wasn't. That's 2 strikes. We will see if the actual product redeems them.

Jan 10, 2023 at 11:25 AM Post #50,016 of 62,387
I'm kind of inclined to agree at this point. I've been listening to the new Final and Fiio side by side along with older models like the Nuarl N6 Pro2.

While the former two are better, they aren't orders of magnitude better and they don't put other buds to shame. I've been assuming that if you go for the more high end bud you're going to get significant gains. After trying a high end model I'm impressed and I like it, but it's not a game changer, just a different sound presentation.
Yea I didn't know that until I tested a few. I thought the difference between TWS are like the diff between IEM and on-ear headphones, but nah, prob because they don't have that big price range. So the brands can't really produce anything magnificently better, high end TWS are around $300 not $3000 or even more like IEMs.

Jan 10, 2023 at 11:30 AM Post #50,017 of 62,387
Sounds familiar. Sounds like a guaranteed way to run your company right out of business. They did admit to me that they sold me an item as in stock that wasn't. That's 2 strikes. We will see if the actual product redeems them.
Well actually they did after 2 weeks but due to that "pre-order" thing still shows on the website and I didn't have that much passion. And they cant promise a shipping date. And they only sell it on their website, not Amazon not any other retailers. So I didn't order one at the end. But now someone tells me its the best, maybe I should have

Jan 10, 2023 at 11:36 AM Post #50,019 of 62,387
Yea I didn't know that until I tested a few. I thought the difference between TWS are like the diff between IEM and on-ear headphones, but nah, prob because they don't have that big price range. So the brands can't really produce anything magnificently better, high end TWS are around $300 not $3000 or even more like IEMs.
I think one factor in the TWS vs IEM comparison is the fact that the cost on TWS has to be kept down somewhat as they are pretty much disposable items, where IEMs generally are not. Not many folks would be willing to spend a grand or two on an item that goes in the trash once the batteries wear out. At least with Over the Ear BT, the batteries are generally replaceable.

Jan 10, 2023 at 11:41 AM Post #50,020 of 62,387
I think one factor in the TWS vs IEM comparison is the fact that the cost on TWS has to be kept down somewhat as they are pretty much disposable items, where IEMs generally are not. Not many folks would be willing to spend a grand or two on an item that goes in the trash once the batteries wear out. At least with Over the Ear BT, the batteries are generally replaceable.
I would hope the Noble Fokus Pro or its new modified version at over 350 dollars wouldn't be disposable.

Jan 10, 2023 at 11:45 AM Post #50,021 of 62,387
I would hope the Noble Fokus Pro or its new modified version at over 350 dollars wouldn't be disposable.
The Fokus Pro is. I am not aware of any TWS that have replaceable batteries. Probably by the time the batteries wear out the tech will be far enough along, it’s not worth changing the batteries anyways.

Jan 10, 2023 at 12:10 PM Post #50,023 of 62,387
What is the average life of the battery? Or do some last longer than others?
Good question. The only TWS I have that I use extensively daily are my APP (meetings, etc.). Mine have degraded to a couple hours before requiring charging, which is about 50% or a bit more after a couple of years. I have quite a few TWS and headphones, so most of my others are still in a pretty good state. Perhaps others will chime on on their experiences too.

Jan 10, 2023 at 12:15 PM Post #50,024 of 62,387
The Fokus Pro is. I am not aware of any TWS that have replaceable batteries. Probably by the time the batteries wear out the tech will be far enough along, it’s not worth changing the batteries anyways.
There are a couple. Stem style and the batteries are in the stem part that you swap out. Comes with an extra pair so you swap out instantly and let the other pair charge. Nice option for seconds instead of waiting 10 minute for an hour or two quick charge. Obviously this was done by some small brand looking for a selling point. Big brands want you to buy the next gen model not buy another set of batteries for the one you have so they wouldn't do it.

Jan 10, 2023 at 12:29 PM Post #50,025 of 62,387
Got a shipping notice today. Seems legit.
Hello -- I was wondering whether you have received your AirPods Pro 2 that you ordered from https://www.discountstoresavings.com/? If so, is it legitimate? I saw that you had ordered it, so I did as well. But I have learned since that super fakes are now so good that folks can't tell the difference. The fakes even interact with the iphone in a similar way. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back