Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 15, 2022 at 11:03 AM Post #49,366 of 63,207
I still feel the EX and the TWX9 have the best sound and other features. It just depends on the hierarchy of your wants in an TWS. If it is ANC, there aren't the best available.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2022 at 12:41 PM Post #49,367 of 63,207
Campfire Audio Orbit came in today. I have to admit, these things sound great without EQ. Full, wide soundstage. Great separation for a TWS. Decent bass/sub-bass. Case is super light, small and pocketable. Buds fit well with aftermarket tips. Azla to the rescue. Full touch controls but no ANC or Transparency. Probably missed something but they do have wireless charging. I didn't they they did. Prompted for a firmware update upon pairing. Went smooth. These things are tuned very nicely. Leans toward the bass, but for me everting else is really really good for hard rock/metal. Let the honeymoon phase commence...

Attached is a few comparison shot vs the AirPods Pro 2 and the Nuratrue Pro.
Still loving these? No ANC gives me pause. Even "no thank you ANC" is better than none. Would you rate them higher than the EX for sound only?

Dec 15, 2022 at 1:04 PM Post #49,368 of 63,207
Still loving these? No ANC gives me pause. Even "no thank you ANC" is better than none. Would you rate them higher than the EX for sound only?
I haven't A-B'd them. I will say the soundstage, instrument separation and sub-bass is stellar on the Orbit. I have been experiencing some bugs that are driving me mad. Been talking to their CS rep to try and resolve or get a new pair. The buds randomly connect when in the case. Also, I get ghost pauses with the touch controls. It's annoying. That said, if this stuff gets worked out, they're really nice sounding buds. I don't miss ANC or Transparency on them.

Dec 15, 2022 at 1:07 PM Post #49,369 of 63,207
I haven't A-B'd them. I will say the soundstage, instrument separation and sub-bass is stellar on the Orbit. I have been experiencing some bugs that are driving me mad. Been talking to their CS rep to try and resolve or get a new pair. The buds randomly connect when in the case. Also, I get ghost pauses with the touch controls. It's annoying. That said, if this stuff gets worked out, they're really nice sounding buds. I don't miss ANC or Transparency on them.
Tempting. Keep us posted on the bugs. Connecting while in the case is not acceptable. That takes me back to some infuriating times in tws infancy.

Dec 15, 2022 at 1:11 PM Post #49,370 of 63,207
Tempting. Keep us posted on the bugs. Connecting while in the case is not acceptable. That takes me back to some infuriating times in tws infancy.
Yes, it's quite frustrating. Sound is stellar. Been using them for the last half hour with no issues. Not sure what is up. Can't be an iPhone thing because all my other buds work fine.

Dec 15, 2022 at 2:49 PM Post #49,371 of 63,207
Yes, it's quite frustrating. Sound is stellar. Been using them for the last half hour with no issues. Not sure what is up. Can't be an iPhone thing because all my other buds work fine.
Here's their reply as of a moment ago: "... it looks like it's possible the shell pressing against your ear is triggering the touch function. Though I agree it doesn't look like it's fully contacting the touchpad.

Orbit is pretty sticky in wanting to connect to your device, which is great for reconnecting, but it can sometimes make them reconnect while in the case. We are looking to address this. Though not ideal, if it is persistent, it can help to turn off Bluetooth in between uses."

So far so good today, but definitely consider the above before anyone purchases. May not happen to all, but is/was randomly happening to me for the last few days (not today).

Dec 15, 2022 at 2:56 PM Post #49,372 of 63,207
Here's their reply as of a moment ago: "... it looks like it's possible the shell pressing against your ear is triggering the touch function. Though I agree it doesn't look like it's fully contacting the touchpad.

Orbit is pretty sticky in wanting to connect to your device, which is great for reconnecting, but it can sometimes make them reconnect while in the case. We are looking to address this. Though not ideal, if it is persistent, it can help to turn off Bluetooth in between uses."

So far so good today, but definitely consider the above before anyone purchases. May not happen to all, but is/was randomly happening to me for the last few days (not today).
Lol. “Sticky”. Not “faulty”. And turning off Bluetooth is a deal breaker. Thanks for sharing.

Dec 15, 2022 at 3:57 PM Post #49,374 of 63,207
I still feel the EX and the TWX9 have the best sound and other features. It just depends on the hierarchy of your wants in an IEM. If it is ANC, there aren't the best available.
Definitely agree on the TWX9. I went to audition the CA Orbit the day of release fully intending to buy them but wound up walking out with the TWX9. They eclipse some of my wired IEMs and have a such a large sound that straddles the line between headphones and IEMs. Definitely one of my most satisfying audio purchases to date.

Dec 15, 2022 at 4:10 PM Post #49,375 of 63,207
Definitely agree on the TWX9. I went to audition the CA Orbit the day of release fully intending to buy them but wound up walking out with the TWX9. They eclipse some of my wired IEMs and have a such a large sound that straddles the line between headphones and IEMs. Definitely one of my most satisfying audio purchases to date.
You guys are killing me. I had finally talked myself out of "needing" these.

Dec 15, 2022 at 4:12 PM Post #49,376 of 63,207
Dec 15, 2022 at 5:38 PM Post #49,379 of 63,207
Thanks for talking me off the ledge :) I am also really happy those CAs don't come in nicer colors. Not even tempting me. :D
I didn't think I'd like the color too, but they look much nicer in person. I'm always into black.

Dec 15, 2022 at 5:47 PM Post #49,380 of 63,207
Any tws recommendation for sound quality under $75?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back