Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 1, 2022 at 3:44 PM Post #45,871 of 62,458
I've got a pretty specific use case for TWS: strictly for use with my Macbook Pro (late 2021 version with Apple M1Pro processor); video conference calls and Youtube, Netflix, downloaded video consumption.

Any users out there who can advise of sets to *avoid* for my use case? Is lag/out-of-sync audio/video a thing I need to worry about?

Jun 1, 2022 at 3:53 PM Post #45,872 of 62,458
Custom means made differently to each unique ears - means the position of the microphone required for ambient transparency will vary per design - means custom tuned PCBA per order. There is a reason why no one else offers custom-fit true wireless. It's just not profitable.

Why do we do it? Because we genuinely care about providing a custom-fit wireless experience to our customers. Apples and oranges...
There are some hurdles but battery contacts and mics should be out towards the edge for the mics to pick up better and shouldn't really change with the custom portion unless you are trying for a flush fit. I don't see flush fit being the choice though for those reasons and for ease of insertion and removal.

You guys putting out a better universal TWS anytime soon??

Soundwise, the EX are so much better than the MTW3 in my opinion. Soundstage and instrument separation doesn't compare for my ears. That said, the ANC, transparency and controls on the MTW3 are far superior. I had the AZ60 but they hurt my ears :frowning2:. When I first had them, there was some sibilance that I had to try to EQ out. Either way, I'm much happier with the EX and MTW3. I won't be getting rid of the EX even if they drain. I don't mind charging them. They just fit perfect and sound heavenly.
So, then you are gonna get those iReep stage enhancing tips for the EX and go to the next level right?? :)

Jun 1, 2022 at 4:15 PM Post #45,873 of 62,458
There are some hurdles but battery contacts and mics should be out towards the edge for the mics to pick up better and shouldn't really change with the custom portion unless you are trying for a flush fit. I don't see flush fit being the choice though for those reasons and for ease of insertion and removal.

You guys putting out a better universal TWS anytime soon??

So, then you are gonna get those iReep stage enhancing tips for the EX and go to the next level right?? :)
Ahhhh.... no. :beerchug:

Jun 1, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #45,874 of 62,458
Yeah I could put up with a little drain but not what I’m getting. Maybe I’ll try another set down the road.
The problem with the drain and having to charge them more often because of it is that it will shorten their overall lifespan. The batteries will wear out quicker than they have to.

Jun 1, 2022 at 4:18 PM Post #45,875 of 62,458
The problem with the drain and having to charge them more often because of it is that it will shorten their overall lifespan. The batteries will wear out quicker than they have to.
I don't think half of us here keep the buds long enough to worry about degradation. We're nuts and obsessed. Maybe it's just me, but I'll have a new pair before it'll matter :L3000:

Jun 1, 2022 at 4:22 PM Post #45,876 of 62,458
I don't think half of us here keep the buds long enough to worry about degradation. We're nuts and obsessed. Maybe it's just me, but I'll have a new pair before it'll matter :L3000:
Probably true for a lot of people here, but if It is one you do like and plan to keep for years then in a couple years it could be a real problem.

Jun 1, 2022 at 4:22 PM Post #45,877 of 62,458
I've got a pretty specific use case for TWS: strictly for use with my Macbook Pro (late 2021 version with Apple M1Pro processor); video conference calls and Youtube, Netflix, downloaded video consumption.

Any users out there who can advise of sets to *avoid* for my use case? Is lag/out-of-sync audio/video a thing I need to worry about?
I WFH and am in the office with a Apple ecosystem. I can't say what avoid, but I use my Sony Linkbuds S, Sennheiser MTW3, B&O EX, AirPods Pro, Sony XM5 cans, B&W PI7, Shure TW2 and sometimes my Astell&Kern UW100s on Zoom calls, conference calls, phone calls etc. I've used them all for a ton of media consumption and have had no issues with lag etc. Love them all, but I'm certifiable and am realizing I have way too many TWS buds. Ha ha!

Jun 1, 2022 at 4:23 PM Post #45,878 of 62,458
Probably true for a lot of people here, but if It is one you do like and plan to keep for years then in a couple years it could be a real problem.
Most of us will be getting that EX v2 for sure LOL. That said, for me, the drain isn't as bad as some are having here. B&O truly nailed the tuning. So great.

Jun 1, 2022 at 4:27 PM Post #45,879 of 62,458
Most of us will be getting that EX v2 for sure LOL. That said, for me, the drain isn't as bad as some are having here. B&O truly nailed the tuning. So great.
Happy with sound signature of EX more than the MTW3 , dis some test and fully charged the device 3 days ago and just did a check 72 hrs later, basically around 10% a day that the case is getting hit to hold charge in units and it seems R seems to get depleted a bit more.

Screenshot_20220601-132435_Bang & Olufsen.jpg

Jun 1, 2022 at 4:30 PM Post #45,880 of 62,458
I strayed too and got an AirPod Max late last year at a really cheap price but have got 3 TWS since… I found the best accessory was a padded cover/bag that came with some old Backbeat Pros that I put them in.
https://www.findheadsets.com/plantronics-backbeat-pro-travel-sleeve

They have the best ANC and transparency of any headphone, and they sound better than any of my TWS, but they should for double the price of the highest, which BTW is still cheaper than the B&O TWS mentioned here…
Apologies for side tracking.
I got this case (arriving today) and I can’t get it around my head why it is so cheap (~4$). Even on AliExpress, same model costs 13+$
44F26CD3-D186-4E60-81F2-4F10EE523BE4.jpeg

Jun 1, 2022 at 4:30 PM Post #45,881 of 62,458
Happy with sound signature of EX more than the MTW3 , dis some test and fully charged the device 3 days ago and just did a check 72 hrs later, basically around 10% a day that the case is getting hit to hold charge in units and it seems R seems to get depleted a bit more.

Screenshot_20220601-132435_Bang & Olufsen.jpg
Pretty much what I'm getting too. Totally agree re: EX over the MTW3 for sound.

Jun 1, 2022 at 4:45 PM Post #45,882 of 62,458
I'm trying to decide between:

Beoplay EX vs. UTWS5 + Moondrop Variations (or possibly 64 Audio U12t)

I'm not sure which way to go!

Will i hear a big difference in sound quality between these 2 wireless solutions? Does anyone here have the UTWS5 to compare with the EX?

Jun 1, 2022 at 5:48 PM Post #45,883 of 62,458
For TWS, I’m just gonna stick to my AKG N400’s. They sound just how I’d want them to sound with Spinfit tips on them. The ANC could be a tad better, but they are fine. For as little as I actually use portable buds they are perfectly fine.

Jun 1, 2022 at 5:48 PM Post #45,884 of 62,458
I'm trying to decide between:

Beoplay EX vs. UTWS5 + Moondrop Variations (or possibly 64 Audio U12t)

I'm not sure which way to go!

Will i hear a big difference in sound quality between these 2 wireless solutions? Does anyone here have the UTWS5 to compare with the EX?
Is SQ your only need in a TWS? Or will you have other use cases? i.e. phone calls, ambient mode, noise cancelling etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back