Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 10, 2022 at 9:43 AM Post #45,196 of 62,258
Yes. I was just about to post this.
Aaaand... there it was, the big day 1 software update! Installing as we speak.
Hopefully the adaptive ANC don't clip the sound when moving/talking/chewing anymore.
Nah... didn't help with my problem. Still the adaptive ANC picks up movement in my left ear, and both clips and alter the sound when moving the mouth.
I have a very good fit, and the bud is sitting so deep I can lay on the side with them. Maybe too good of a fit? Try bigger tips so it sticks out a little?

May 10, 2022 at 9:43 AM Post #45,197 of 62,258
Heck, the new 1More Comfobuds Mini I have here seemed to have crammed in every possible feature for $85.
I just picked up the Comfobuds Mini myself. They are seriously tiny! Almost too small for my ears - especially when trying to get them out.

Out of interest, did you try to EQ them with an alternative equalizer? I've set up the soundID profile, which definitely improved the sound (much more v-shaped), but it's a bit like using a spoon as a scalpel. Would appreciate any frequency tweak suggestions that I can try with my Neutron Player.

May 10, 2022 at 9:47 AM Post #45,198 of 62,258
Nah... didn't help with my problem. Still the adaptive ANC picks up movement in my left ear, and both clips and alter the sound when moving the mouth.
I have a very good fit, and the bud is sitting so deep I can lay on the side with them. Maybe too good of a fit? Try bigger tips so it sticks out a little?
I luckily don't experience this issue at all, neither before the update nor after. I know how annoying it is though - had it on the Geminis, too.

May 10, 2022 at 9:54 AM Post #45,199 of 62,258
I luckily don't experience this issue at all, neither before the update nor after. I know how annoying it is though - had it on the Geminis, too.
I sold the Geminis due to the pops I got with chewing etc..

Trying to explain this... :)
When putting a finger in the ears, and chew, I feel movements in the jaw affecting the inside of the left ear canal that's noticably different vs the right ear.
I guess this movement is what making the adaptive ANC react?

Edit: It's no problem with ANC off.

Last edited:
May 10, 2022 at 9:59 AM Post #45,200 of 62,258
I sold the Geminis due to the pops I got with chewing etc..

Trying to explain this... :)
When putting a finger in the ears, and chew, I feel movements in the jaw affecting the inside of the left ear canal that's noticably different vs the right ear.
I guess this movement is what making the adaptive ANC react?

Edit: It's no problem with ANC off.
I remember that it wasn't an issue for me with ANC off on the Geminis as well. On "low" is was okay-ish and on "max" it was very bad indeed.

May 10, 2022 at 10:19 AM Post #45,201 of 62,258
I remember that it wasn't an issue for me with ANC off on the Geminis as well. On "low" is was okay-ish and on "max" it was very bad indeed.
Look at the orientation of the Senn logo. The guy from Digital Trends (grey beard) has them twisted backwards, and the guy from the Senn commercial has them inserted so the logo is straight.
How do you insert them?

Attachments

• Bilde_2022-05-10_161331719.png
    Bilde_2022-05-10_161331719.png
    578 KB · Views: 0
  • Bilde_2022-05-10_161459429.png
    Bilde_2022-05-10_161459429.png
    6.2 MB · Views: 0
May 10, 2022 at 10:25 AM Post #45,202 of 62,258
Look at the orientation of the Senn logo. The guy from Digital Trends (grey beard) has them twisted backwards, and the guy from the Senn commercial has them inserted so the logo is straight.
How do you insert them?
Like the guy from Digital Trends, so twisted backwards.

May 10, 2022 at 10:42 AM Post #45,204 of 62,258
Me too. The wingtips have no support/nothing to "attach to" (can't explain it better :) ) if the logo is straight.
Exactly! Same for me :)

May 10, 2022 at 11:20 AM Post #45,205 of 62,258
Just ordered the 1more evo. I have low expectations, but figured I would give them a try. I'll compare to xm4 and fokus later

May 10, 2022 at 11:26 AM Post #45,206 of 62,258
I just picked up the Comfobuds Mini myself. They are seriously tiny! Almost too small for my ears - especially when trying to get them out.

Out of interest, did you try to EQ them with an alternative equalizer? I've set up the soundID profile, which definitely improved the sound (much more v-shaped), but it's a bit like using a spoon as a scalpel. Would appreciate any frequency tweak suggestions that I can try with my Neutron Player.
Sadly, I had such a hard time with fit, I returned them. I only used Sound ID and was actually surprised how good they sounded for what they are. I tried so many tips and nothing I had fit in the case. I might revisit if someone posted a tip solution that fit that dang case!

May 10, 2022 at 11:49 AM Post #45,207 of 62,258
Sadly, I had such a hard time with fit, I returned them. I only used Sound ID and was actually surprised how good they sounded for what they are. I tried so many tips and nothing I had fit in the case. I might revisit if someone posted a tip solution that fit that dang case!
Yeah, I couldn't find any tips from my collection that fit either. I read somewhere that someone said they were using SpinFit CP-1025 tips (which do look shallow enough), but no idea if they'd make much difference.

I'm using the largest tips at the moment, but feel I could do with something a little larger on one side to get an even better seal.

May 10, 2022 at 1:23 PM Post #45,209 of 62,258
May 10, 2022 at 1:56 PM Post #45,210 of 62,258
Update on 1More Evo:
  • Dual connectivity works between a Win10 laptop and an iPhone. It is imperfect but at least is uses AAC on Windows…and it is marked as experimental.
  • Outdoor microphone test went pretty well. It suppressed loud traffic noise really nicely.
  • I’d like to see reviewers test ANC because even though I think I have a good fit, it is really average.
  • Battery life is easily 5 hours talk time so better than the L3Pro and AirPod Pros. Not tested music properly but seems longer than 5 hours.
  • Sound remains impressive

Users who are viewing this thread

Back