Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 19, 2022 at 11:09 PM Post #44,521 of 62,436
Ya I actually canceled my order for the Falcon ANC and got the FoKus Pro instead based on everyone saying how great the latter sounds. I agree, however I wonder what the Falcon ANC might sound like. The FoKus sounds great but I do wish it had ANC even though the isolation is good
Well, you can only know by purchase them then send them back lol, but if the noble audio able to retain the same sq as the non anc version of the falcon one ( not boosting the bass) then it will raise my hope up for the fokus pro anc.

Apr 20, 2022 at 5:51 AM Post #44,522 of 62,436
A bit more info on the Beoplay EX:

https://www.gearrice.com/update/these-high-end-headphones-feature-the-best-possible-technologies/
https://www.bang-olufsen.com/de/de/in-ear-kopfhoerer/beoplay-ex

- Stem design
- Wireless charging, multipoint Bluetooth, aptX Adaptive, Google Fast Pair, active noise reduction and IP57 waterproofing.
- 9.2 mm diameter transducers capable of reproducing sound frequencies from 20 to 20,000 Hz. --> “unparalleled sound quality”
- Bluetooth in version 5.2 and with codecs SBC, AAC and aptX Adaptive.
- Multipoint Bluetooth (two sources at the same time)
- ANC: Adaptive noise reduction + transparent mode. --> “impressive active noise reduction”
- 70 mAh accumulators in each earphone and a 380 mAh battery in the case.
- 28 hours with the charging case and 8 hours for the headphones alone, without ANC. With ANC 6 hours.
- Qi wireless charging.
- 6 grams per earpiece + the 66.2 x 48 x 22mm case weighs 53 grams (without headphones)

- Four colors: They will be available in black from April 28, in gold from May 19 and in blue and gray from June 6.
- Launched in Europe at a price of 399€

Typical B&O price, I would say :D

I'm also not too fond on how they look from a design perspective. If it weren't for the B&O logo, they would look like cheap regular everyday TWS from any brand imo. Case looks alright, though.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2022 at 7:38 AM Post #44,524 of 62,436
One of my first tws purchases was the QCY T1C a few years ago (still have them), and I was always pleased with what they did for $20. Saw the QCY T16 as a lightning deal for $21.98 a couple days ago, and just couldn’t resist. Got them yesterday, and I am once again pleasantly surprised. They’re sleek and small, fit well, connect flawlessly, and they sound great. No bells and whistles to speak of, save a “gaming mode”, but they claim to support aptX, AAC, SBC, and “a new aptX Adaptive Audio”. Apparently, there’s a QCY app, but I haven’t gone hunting for that yet.

Apr 20, 2022 at 9:09 AM Post #44,525 of 62,436
Well, you can only know by purchase them then send them back lol, but if the noble audio able to retain the same sq as the non anc version of the falcon one ( not boosting the bass) then it will raise my hope up for the fokus pro anc.
Ya I never return anything I buy. Too much work :)

Apr 20, 2022 at 10:52 AM Post #44,526 of 62,436
A bit more info on the Beoplay EX:

https://www.gearrice.com/update/these-high-end-headphones-feature-the-best-possible-technologies/
https://www.bang-olufsen.com/de/de/in-ear-kopfhoerer/beoplay-ex

- Stem design
- Wireless charging, multipoint Bluetooth, aptX Adaptive, Google Fast Pair, active noise reduction and IP57 waterproofing.
- 9.2 mm diameter transducers capable of reproducing sound frequencies from 20 to 20,000 Hz. --> “unparalleled sound quality”
- Bluetooth in version 5.2 and with codecs SBC, AAC and aptX Adaptive.
- Multipoint Bluetooth (two sources at the same time)
- ANC: Adaptive noise reduction + transparent mode. --> “impressive active noise reduction”
- 70 mAh accumulators in each earphone and a 380 mAh battery in the case.
- 28 hours with the charging case and 8 hours for the headphones alone, without ANC. With ANC 6 hours.
- Qi wireless charging.
- 6 grams per earpiece + the 66.2 x 48 x 22mm case weighs 53 grams (without headphones)

- Four colors: They will be available in black from April 28, in gold from May 19 and in blue and gray from June 6.
- Launched in Europe at a price of 399€

Typical B&O price, I would say :D

I'm also not too fond on how they look from a design perspective. If it weren't for the B&O logo, they would look like cheap regular everyday TWS from any brand imo. Case looks alright, though.
Release dates for them are different here in the US. Don't worry, I'll be the guinea pig and try them as @jant71 and @BooleanBones can attest to. I'm in therapy, honest. It's called no more WFH and hybrid now. Feel my pain...

Apr 20, 2022 at 10:54 AM Post #44,527 of 62,436
Somehow I got into a preorder for the Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 3 via Amazon US. Doesn't ship until May 12, but I had a nice gift card burning a hole in my pocket. :beerchug:

Apr 20, 2022 at 10:56 AM Post #44,528 of 62,436
Somehow I got into a preorder for the Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 3 via Amazon US. Doesn't ship until May 12, but I had a nice gift card burning a hole in my pocket. :beerchug:
I was abe to find that page one day. I've tried since and haven't been able to. That might just be my own lack of Amazon skills, though. I'll try again right now, haha. But good on you! I'm sure everyone is dying to know what those are gonna sound like, including myself!

Apr 20, 2022 at 10:58 AM Post #44,529 of 62,436
I was abe to find that page one day. I've tried since and haven't been able to. That might just be my own lack of Amazon skills, though. I'll try again right now, haha. But good on you! I'm sure everyone is dying to know what those are gonna sound like, including myself!
Oh, no, same here. I had saved it in my wish list and then a few days later it let me preorder. But if you try and access the page directly, it does the old "oh no" as if the page is down. Very weird.

Apr 20, 2022 at 1:37 PM Post #44,533 of 62,436
Good, Guinea pig, good!

good-evil.gif

Apr 20, 2022 at 1:53 PM Post #44,534 of 62,436
Senn Sport True Wireless. If true though they seem to think for "sport" you only need up to aptX.
1650476167548.png

1650476187897.png

Seems ~$150 and you only get aptX is still typical Senn. For that price you do get a strap...
1650476515645.png

Just don't get Senn. App based so you need the app and set it to Focus and change the eartips or Aware with those eartips?? Should be a couple of posts in the lid to hold the other type of tips in your size. What is the point when there is already ambient and ANC out there. I already had this with JVC so this seems like a rip off of the AE5T. Should be the same and the open eartips lose seal and bass so the Aware mode is probably adding bass back. But the JVC had it on board so I could use the open tips and turn on bass boost w/o opening up an app. I would hope Senn could do it on board and not need the app. JVC also only had aptX and 9 hours per charge but back then there only was aptX. More in the JVC design as far as sports. Let's see the Senn case do this...
1650489324365.png

:)

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2022 at 2:04 PM Post #44,535 of 62,436

They're not that cheap looking anymore :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back