Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 11, 2021 at 12:11 AM Post #38,297 of 62,459
My B&O EQs still act weird and increase/decrease volume on their own and I only get sound from either left or right buds at times. Also, mic quality on these during phone calls is horrible. Everyone says I sound VERY distant. I have to do a special dance and tilt my head a certain way to be heard properly. Going to exchange these under warranty hoping this is just a bad pair.

Placed a pre-order for Soundcore L3P based on hype from the YouTubers. Back go my trust Senny MTW2 in the meantime.
Interesting. I had these same issues but with the CA MT. Volume randomly goes up or down, poor call quality at times with people saying I sounded far from my phone.
Different TWS but exact same behavior.

Oct 11, 2021 at 12:19 AM Post #38,299 of 62,459
Interesting. I had these same issues but with the CA MT. Volume randomly goes up or down, poor call quality at times with people saying I sounded far from my phone.
Different TWS but exact same behavior.
The CA MT have a poltergeist living in them. Mine do bizarre crap all the time.

Oct 11, 2021 at 1:02 AM Post #38,302 of 62,459
Interesting. I wonder if both B&O and CA source their control software thru same vendor.
With the CA MT at first I thought it was a mic issue but it wasn't a hardware issue as I could have had back to back calls with one caller saying I sounded like I'm in a subway tunnel while the other said I sounded OK. Tested it myself and got similar results so figured that most issues were probably software related.

Oct 11, 2021 at 1:39 AM Post #38,303 of 62,459
With the CA MT at first I thought it was a mic issue but it wasn't a hardware issue as I could have had back to back calls with one caller saying I sounded like I'm in a subway tunnel while the other said I sounded OK. Tested it myself and got similar results so figured that most issues were probably software related.
You didn't have any charging issues with it in the time you had it? I recall you were trying to figure out whether to keep it or send it back few weeks back.

Oct 11, 2021 at 3:04 AM Post #38,304 of 62,459
Any tips on... well, tips for the Devialet Gemini? I feel like my enjoyment of them is being held back by my tips, I've tried comply foams and they were a no-go, the included tips are OK after some reevaluating but I feel like they somehow lack a bit of clarity with them, especially in the mids! Any suggestions?

Oct 11, 2021 at 3:22 AM Post #38,305 of 62,459
You didn't have any charging issues with it in the time you had it? I recall you were trying to figure out whether to keep it or send it back few weeks back.
Good memory. I had many other issues but no charging issues as long as the buds were sitting properly but those contact/ charging pins are so thin that I can see how after taking it out and putting it back over time may cause charging malfunction.
I took your advice and @scubaphish who knocked some sense into me and ended up returning them as I was spending way too much time trying to figure them out.

Oct 11, 2021 at 4:51 AM Post #38,306 of 62,459
I've had my L3P's for a day now, and for me, they are better than the L2P's in almost every way.

They are smaller, lighter and more comfortable to wear (I always got some ear fatigue with the L2P's).

The touch controls work well and are pretty configurable

Volume wise, they are slightly (15% ish) louder than the L2P's.

Sound quality wise, they are a good bit better. I'm using LDAC with my HearID profile and am picking up details in songs
I listen to regularly that the L2P's apparently have been muting a little (particularity high hats and symbols in today's material)

The ANC seems to work ok. One thing it does pretty much remove is the 'thud,thud' you get in your ears when running.

The only thing I don't like is the case, the tactile finish on the L2P's case is far better.

Cheers

Macca
Yeah. The case is a really slippery finish. Good for pockets but very smooth when trying to open.
I've switched tips to Feaulle H370 and find them working better for me 20211011_094819.jpg

Oct 11, 2021 at 6:29 AM Post #38,307 of 62,459
Any tips on... well, tips for the Devialet Gemini? I feel like my enjoyment of them is being held back by my tips, I've tried comply foams and they were a no-go, the included tips are OK after some reevaluating but I feel like they somehow lack a bit of clarity with them, especially in the mids! Any suggestions?
Which Comply Foams?

Oct 11, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #38,308 of 62,459
The CA MT have a poltergeist living in them. Mine do bizarre crap all the time.
Who ya gonna call? I returned mine ages ago. They just had so many issues, but this was before the many firmware updates. I do recall I loved the sound.

Oct 11, 2021 at 10:18 AM Post #38,309 of 62,459
If battery life is important, the pi7 is probably not a great choice. Devialet Gemini or EQs are good choices. I like the Klipsch as well but I prefer the Gemini and EQ. The Sony is a great all arounder but most think the SQ is a step behind.
@lethe27 I'd throw the Sennheiser CX Plus in this mix. I have all the above too and LOVE them, but for the price, the new Sennies truly hold up and have zero issues. Pretty impressed with then. I'd like if they wireless charging but for what I paid, they're well worth the price.

Oct 11, 2021 at 10:35 AM Post #38,310 of 62,459
Who ya gonna call? I returned mine ages ago. They just had so many issues, but this was before the many firmware updates. I do recall I loved the sound.
Great fun sound. Respond well to EQ. When they came out, I think they were class leading for the price/features but man stuff moves fast in this space. I'd still recommend them but there's an ocean of quality TWS out there for $100 to $150.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back