Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 8, 2021 at 9:58 PM Post #35,116 of 62,452
Main problem for tws with custom tips would be charging the buds I would have thought? Have thought about getting some for Sony’s from snugs.
I wouldn't quite say charging, but the fact that batteries are a wear item which are expected to go bad eventually (and with TWS, that eventually can be pretty quick with enough use). I wonder if Adv has any way to replace the batteries. That would be a huge game changer to be honest.

Jul 9, 2021 at 6:58 AM Post #35,121 of 62,452
Has anyone else found tws scaling a lot with bluetooth source?

In the PI7 thread we've been discussing Aptx vs AAC (android vs iPhone). To my ears the aptx HD sounds wooorlds better than AAC, it's almost like a different product, as if they become a PI9 on Aptx-hd. I haven't noticed this with other tws, but was wondering if you guys have, with the Sony XM4 for instance?

Jul 9, 2021 at 8:22 AM Post #35,122 of 62,452
I have to ask you experts for advice! :smile:

My elder sister just contacted me saying that she urgently needed new TWS IEMs. She was using the Sony WF-1000XM3, but one side is dying because they apparently underwent one too many washing cycles :joy: Preferences are something smaller and comfortable with ANC and close to the Harman target (a little less treble is okay). Seeing how her old pair died, I'd say some waterproof rating is a must as well (unless they are cheap enough to be disposable; rather unlikely). Battery life is a bonus

(So far top contenders are the AKG N400, Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro, Apple Airpods Pro and the Nuarl N10 Pro/Plus)

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2021 at 9:01 AM Post #35,124 of 62,452
btw about the Melomania Touch, all the first reviews is were basically "i dont care how good they sound, they are so buggy and unstable that they are usless".
already been through that, have those issues been resolved ?

Jul 9, 2021 at 9:44 AM Post #35,125 of 62,452

Some input/thoughts about the TWS scene from VE's Wild Lee

Jul 9, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #35,126 of 62,452
I can post these in the marketplace but I wanted to give explorers here first dibs. I'm lightening some of my load and would like to sell some of these affordably to those who might be interested. (let's say at 50% off). All basically new in boxes, I'll let you know if I can't find an accessory. I'd also do partial trade towards a hd560s. All has to go by next Thursday

Tronsmart Apollo Bold
1more Colorbuds
Earfun Free
Earfun Air Pro
Earfun Air True
Tronsmart Spunky Beat
Jeet Air Plus (Sound really good with balanced armatures, control is janky)

Jul 9, 2021 at 1:13 PM Post #35,127 of 62,452
I can post these in the marketplace but I wanted to give explorers here first dibs. I'm lightening some of my load and would like to sell some of these affordably to those who might be interested. (let's say at 50% off). All basically new in boxes, I'll let you know if I can't find an accessory. I'd also do partial trade towards a hd560s. All has to go by next Thursday

Tronsmart Apollo Bold
1more Colorbuds
Earfun Free
Earfun Air Pro
Earfun Air True
Tronsmart Spunky Beat
Jeet Air Plus (Sound really good with balanced armatures, control is janky)
same here i have a whole bunch to let go if anyone interest, (2) nuarl n6 pro (2) senheiser, also senheirser 2 (2) sony xm3, noble falcon, jabra 75t

Jul 9, 2021 at 1:13 PM Post #35,128 of 62,452
Has anyone else found tws scaling a lot with bluetooth source?

In the PI7 thread we've been discussing Aptx vs AAC (android vs iPhone). To my ears the aptx HD sounds wooorlds better than AAC, it's almost like a different product, as if they become a PI9 on Aptx-hd. I haven't noticed this with other tws, but was wondering if you guys have, with the Sony XM4 for instance?
I thought that hi-res codecs couldn't change much in listening to music with tws, but I changed my mind after buying the PI7. It's like switching from a 320k mp3 to the same track on cd. Of course when playing back hi-res files or hi-res streaming services. More depth and clarity, not night and day but it's there. But I believe that the rest of a tws hardware must be on par.
I've ordered a pair of xm4, because I really can't bear anymore the atrocious connectivity and all the flaws of those b&w. I need to decide if giving them another chance with a new pair or just returning them.
I'll try to make a comparison using eq and hi-res codecs on both.

Jul 9, 2021 at 1:13 PM Post #35,129 of 62,452
Please recommend some TW IEMs that sound like Final E3000 (warm, punchy bass but not overwhelming, relaxed hi-mids & treble, good sound stage, natural vocals).
They MUST be front-vented, I have problems with pressure build-up with IEMs that are sealed. (returned Shure SE215 for this). The Final E3000 are perfect, but I need some BT IEMs. Budget $60.

Thanks!

OK let's make this less restrictive, maybe someone can help:
Please recommend ANY true wireless IEMs that are front-vented or semi-open and don't allow ear canal pressure build-up.
Here is an example of what a front-vent is: https://www.audioreviews.org/the-iems-two-vents-principles/
Basically a small hole in front of the driver. Did you encounter any budget (like $60 or so) TW IEMs in this design?
Thanks!

Jul 9, 2021 at 1:45 PM Post #35,130 of 62,452
btw about the Melomania Touch, all the first reviews is were basically "i dont care how good they sound, they are so buggy and unstable that they are usless".
already been through that, have those issues been resolved ?
Only had mine a week and a half, but not a single issue has come up yet. Not a single connection issue or audio stutter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back