Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 29, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #3,466 of 62,508
...use a small strip of white silicone tape wrap (Loctite GO2 Wrap, often used for pipes) to secure the shortened green stem to the earbud speaker stem. I pulled the tip inside out to get better access to the tip stem and the speaker stem. This provides an air tight seal and a secure lock of the ear tip. When you want to remove the ear tip, the silicone wrap can be unstuck from itself. The tape leaves no residue.

Brilliant idea! I suppose the standard plumbing tape would work as well.

Dec 29, 2018 at 11:03 PM Post #3,469 of 62,508
@hifi80sman - decided to take a crack at the Mpow T5. Despite some shady reviews (one claims to have been using them for a year despite that these were seemingly released in Aug and another that claimed the pair was < $20...) there was a recent positive review by "worshipPastor" that actually sounded like the guy knew what he was talking about and he confirmed AAC so I'm assuming it does have aptX. The product page mentions that it utilizes Qualcomm's 3026 chip which on the data sheet (https://www.qualcomm.com/media/documents/files/qcc30xx-series-product-brief.pdf) confirms aptX feature as well as cVc. Should get it on the 2nd and will report back after I've had some time with them.

Dec 30, 2018 at 12:51 AM Post #3,470 of 62,508
@hifi80sman - decided to take a crack at the Mpow T5. Despite some shady reviews (one claims to have been using them for a year despite that these were seemingly released in Aug and another that claimed the pair was < $20...) there was a recent positive review by "worshipPastor" that actually sounded like the guy knew what he was talking about and he confirmed AAC so I'm assuming it does have aptX. The product page mentions that it utilizes Qualcomm's 3026 chip which on the data sheet (https://www.qualcomm.com/media/documents/files/qcc30xx-series-product-brief.pdf) confirms aptX feature as well as cVc. Should get it on the 2nd and will report back after I've had some time with them.

Also test the functions of the buttons. I have seen those here, but it took awhile before being available on sites as ali under the name mpow.

Dec 30, 2018 at 12:59 AM Post #3,471 of 62,508
The product brief is quite the stat sheet. Looking forward to your impressions!

Dec 30, 2018 at 2:56 AM Post #3,474 of 62,508
Dec 30, 2018 at 3:20 AM Post #3,475 of 62,508
That worshipPastor review looks legit to me and it's pretty positive. I wonder if I haven't seen videos by this guy on YT where he got some custom IEMs made.

I thought that new QC3026 chipset had built-in ANC but maybe it's just a more advanced CVC for speech?

Also is it aptX or aptX HD too as shown in one of the pictures?

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2018 at 8:29 AM Post #3,476 of 62,508
Ok, so I've returned all my test TWE's, leaving me with just my trusty Senns, for the time being. My last pair to test will be the RHA's.

I've checked back through this thread for the best alternatives to the stock tips, and seen both Symbio & Comply mentioned. I've got the Comply Truly Wireless tips as recommended by them, and they're ok but not the best. Any recommendations?

Whilst those and the stock tips technically fit fine, after 20-30 minutes I get a little pain, but only in the left ear. I have attempted using a small tip for that ear, whilst leaving the medium one on the right, but that only makes it a little less irritating for a bit longer :dt880smile:.

I absolutely love the sound of these, so I'm not giving up on them just yet.

Dec 30, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #3,477 of 62,508
Ok, so I've returned all my test TWE's, leaving me with just my trusty Senns, for the time being. My last pair to test will be the RHA's.

I've checked back through this thread for the best alternatives to the stock tips, and seen both Symbio & Comply mentioned. I've got the Comply Truly Wireless tips as recommended by them, and they're ok but not the best. Any recommendations?

Whilst those and the stock tips technically fit fine, after 20-30 minutes I get a little pain, but only in the left ear. I have attempted using a small tip for that ear, whilst leaving the medium one on the right, but that only makes it a little less irritating for a bit longer :dt880smile:.

I absolutely love the sound of these, so I'm not giving up on them just yet.
Spin fit are a great choice as well.

Dec 30, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #3,478 of 62,508
Spin Fit are indeed a good choice but they don’t isolate that well for my small ears...
I have better experience with Final Audio’s silicone tips.

Dec 30, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #3,479 of 62,508
Dec 30, 2018 at 10:39 AM Post #3,480 of 62,508

Users who are viewing this thread

Back