Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 30, 2020 at 10:25 AM Post #27,017 of 62,387
It’s day four with my 85t’s, and I gotta say, despite one major issue for me, I love them. I find the sound to be a big upgrade from the 75t’s, which I’m a huge fan of. I feel like the 85t’s have a much wider sound stage and I’m able to pick up on minor details in songs I’ve never really noticed before. My biggest gripe is the oval tips, both the shape and the material they’re made of. They’re too firm/stiff for my liking. But then again, I’m not really used to oval tips in general except for the AirPod Pro’s but I’ve never had an issue with them. I’m wondering if the oval shaped tips for the Jabra Evolve series 45/65/75 (aftermarket tips link: https://misodiko.com/collections/ea...ement-soft-comfort-ear-buds-gels-tips-3-pairs) would possibly fit the 85t’s and perhaps feel better in my ears. Currently, I’m using the medium sized oval stock tips on the 85t’s but they irritate my ears after wearing them for a bit and/or after putting them in my ears and removing them. I’m not even sure as to what the proper technique is for inserting the 85t’s in your ears because of the oval tip design (e.g., do you insert and twist them backwards like the 65t’s and 75t’s?, how deep in your ear canals should they go?, etc). I’ve tried the large and small oval tips too. With the small tips, I can’t get a good seal even after really pushing them deep into my ears. With the largest tips, they won’t even go deep into my ears and I don’t feel like the earbuds are secure in my ears once I have them on. I’ve tried all the “normal/round” third party tips I have in my “stockpile” and most of them will fit the 85t’s with some finessing. However, they either don’t secure the earbuds in my ears and/or they sound terrible. The ONLY tips I’ve found that are perhaps better than the stock oval ones, are Spinfit CP100’s. I think I may reach out to Jabra about seeing if the oval shaped Evolve series tips I mentioned above will fit the 85t’s. If anyone has any suggestions/tips as to how they’re getting a good fit/seal with the stock oval tips (or even the best way to insert them), I’d love to hear them.
I've also struggled getting a good, comfortable fit with the 85t's. It helps, I think, if you don't push them in too far. I think when they're pushed in too far, because the stems are so short the body of the earphone (not just the tip) presses against the interior of your ear and, eventually, gets uncomfortable. I'm been wearing them for an hour now and I've tried not to push them in far at all and so far, so good -- and they sound great, with terrific bass. Having said all of that, I don't think it would be a bad idea if Jabra were to release a few additional tip options -- or at least an xl tip.

Oct 30, 2020 at 11:44 AM Post #27,018 of 62,387
85t review here with comparisons with the 75t and 65t. He says that the ANC gives similar results but without the "plugged" feeling on the 85t. He does say that the ANC isn't as good as on the QC Earbuds which is a bit of a concern because I don't find it that great. Well at least in so far that the overall isolation isn't as good with the 85t as with the Amazon Echo Buds.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2020 at 11:56 AM Post #27,019 of 62,387
I've also struggled getting a good, comfortable fit with the 85t's. It helps, I think, if you don't push them in too far. I think when they're pushed in too far, because the stems are so short the body of the earphone (not just the tip) presses against the interior of your ear and, eventually, gets uncomfortable. I'm been wearing them for an hour now and I've tried not to push them in far at all and so far, so good -- and they sound great, with terrific bass. Having said all of that, I don't think it would be a bad idea if Jabra were to release a few additional tip options -- or at least an xl tip.
I messaged them and said the exact same thing. I first asked them if they plan to release a XL tip and they said no. I then said if you want to save a lot of returns you need to make a XL and possibly more tip options, he then said he would bring it up. We'll see how far that goes. I'm sure Spinfits will take advantage of this soon and hopefully release some soon.

Oct 30, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #27,020 of 62,387
Apparently those 'lucky' Americans are getting a blue special edition GBeans for BF with 30$ off ...

It's already available at Best Buy since yesterday (at least that is when I saw it). All colors are on sale for $140 right now.

Oct 30, 2020 at 1:43 PM Post #27,021 of 62,387
Here is my Lypertek Tevi Review:
They
00000IMG_00000_BURST20201028235047083_COVER.jpg
00000IMG_00000_BURST20201028235106515_COVER.jpg
00000IMG_00000_BURST20201028235039532_COVER.jpg
are one of the best values in TWS. The overall package
is solid with great sound stage and premium design.

Design:

Case – While not the smallest charging case, it gives you a quality
feel…cloth lined and feels great in the hand. They have a claimed
70hr. battery life…10 hrs. from the buds and 6x charge from the case.
I have not done a scientific test, but have found the battery life to
be solid and never had an issue.

Earbuds – They have a solid premium feel to them and are comfortable
in the ear. They are lightweight and come with 4 tip sizes to fit all
ears. They do protrude out slightly more than I would have liked, but
nothing too crazy.

Sound – They have 6mm graphene drivers and support SBC, AAC and aptX
codecs. The sound is mostly natural and well-balanced. They do not
exaggerate things and has a solid overall soundstage.

Connection – Solid connection with Bluetooth 5.0. I have not had any
issues and pairs very quickly once taken out of the case.

The Tevi’s offer a little of everything and a very reasonable price
and you cannot go wrong with them.

Oct 30, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #27,022 of 62,387
I messaged them and said the exact same thing. I first asked them if they plan to release a XL tip and they said no. I then said if you want to save a lot of returns you need to make a XL and possibly more tip options, he then said he would bring it up. We'll see how far that goes. I'm sure Spinfits will take advantage of this soon and hopefully release some soon.
The MTW2 are $249 now, which is only $20 more than the 85t, so I'm seriously thinking of going in that direction instead.

The new JLab ANC earbuds are also on sale for $49. I actually enjoyed their non-ANC version, which was fun sounding and seemed to "just work". Aside from ANC, the new model has wireless charging.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/jlab-a...ireless-earbuds-black/6426503.p?skuId=6426503

Oct 30, 2020 at 2:19 PM Post #27,024 of 62,387
The MTW2 are $249 now, which is only $20 more than the 85t, so I'm seriously thinking of going in that direction instead.

The new JLab ANC earbuds are also on sale for $49. I actually enjoyed their non-ANC version, which was fun sounding and seemed to "just work". Aside from ANC, the new model has wireless charging.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/jlab-a...ireless-earbuds-black/6426503.p?skuId=6426503
Are you really enjoying the Bose? Still considering those. Was there a big difference in sound between the sport and non-sport models.
I've always enjoyed Bose house sound.

Oct 30, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #27,025 of 62,387
Are you really enjoying the Bose? Still considering those. Was there a big difference in sound between the sport and non-sport models.
I've always enjoyed Bose house sound.
I am enjoying them. Typical Bose house sound that you can listen to for hours on end with no fatigue. I honestly think the QC earbuds sound a little better than the Sport. Same signature, but the semi-open nature does invite noise pollution, which degrades my perception of the overall sound. Definitely a winner, sans the lack of full touch controls. I use them mostly while working, so my phone is nearby if I need to reverse tracks or adjust volume. I can always use Siri to do that as well, if need be. I recommend them if cost is not prohibitive.

Oct 31, 2020 at 2:17 AM Post #27,026 of 62,387
Nobody bit the bullet on the jlabs right?
I agree about the Jabra tips. It is interesting to me that earphones that are so obsessively designed for user experience have such crap tips (75t) with sharp tailing edges. 85t seems a little more rounded but still, I think they would win a lot of people over if they went for the bulb profile a la Sony and Final tips.

Oct 31, 2020 at 3:09 AM Post #27,027 of 62,387
Went in for the 85t, came out with the 75t Active, JLab ANC, and $30 extra in my pocket.

For $49 (sale, regularly $99), the JLab Epic Air ANC are a great deal. They are what you think they are; sculpted V-signature, but it's quite fun. Sounds great paired with episodes of The Mandalorian. Wireless charging.

Out of the box, default sound on the 75t have a bit of harshness. Didn't mess around with the EQ yet, as I decided to update the firmware before testing out further. They fit great and I'm confident I can EQ them to where they'll sound great (sometimes you can tell if there's hope for EQ or not).

IMG_2882[1085].jpg

Oct 31, 2020 at 8:27 AM Post #27,029 of 62,387
It had been a while since i did a battery test of the Anbes 359. This morning i got exactly 3 hours and 21 minutes. not bad for a $30 pair of TWEs that originally had a 4 hour battery life.

Oct 31, 2020 at 9:22 AM Post #27,030 of 62,387
Depending on
Out of the box, default sound on the 75t have a bit of harshness. Didn't mess around with the EQ yet, as I decided to update the firmware before testing out further. They fit great and I'm confident I can EQ them to where they'll sound great (sometimes you can tell if there's hope for EQ or not).
Just wanted to say we are here if you need help with your addiction. Joking aside, depending on what FW they are out of the box, the stock sounds gets better with later firmwares.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back