Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 21, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #23,746 of 62,412
I don't know if they were different it would be filed under a different FCC number. Of course, everyone knows here that a product can show the same specs on paper but sound totally different. One can be a very good sounding product and the next one really bad sounding. I am wondering on which review people should be referring towards. Is it a brand new product or just an OEM of something that exists already. It's cheaper than the Cleer Ally Plus so we should not be complaining. We will have to wait for someone with both pairs to take them one on one.
I'll get mine soon-ish, they are at the Shenzhen Swap Bureau at the moment. I don't have access to the Cleer so I can't compare but Tronsmart seems to be:
  1. Actively working with qualcomm for AptxHD
  2. Has App support with EQ and OTA updates, also allowing customization of touch functions
  3. Wearing Detection
  4. Graphene Drivers
  5. Different case
Effectively makes them different earphones, especially for a DSP onboard chip like the qualcomm where the sound signature is totally up to the firmware maker/customizer. The FCC is concerned with radio frequency operations and permits filing approved products under the same name as long as they maintain their RF characteristics. So the two earbuds could share their enclosure, main circuit board and antennas while changing pretty much anything else and still file under the same filing. I just wanted Tronsmart to clarify so that I can put the official distinction in my review put the confusion to rest.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2020 at 3:19 PM Post #23,748 of 62,412
:sob: I totally understand. But Amazon US doesn't allow any new shipping now. But we are working on it, it will be OK very soon. You can buy from GKB or AliExpress first.
I look forward to it, and also to see what you come up with the app in a few months. I think TWS sets with apps really change the game. I'm very interested to see how it sounds and performs.

Jul 21, 2020 at 4:02 PM Post #23,749 of 62,412
I love this forum. As soon as I think of a question, someone has already asked it. Looking forward to the Tronsmart response on this one.
I actually asked about these things and somehow I thought I shared the responses ... maybe hidden in my review ... I asked about the 'sameness with Cleer, based on FCC filing' and AptX HD ... this was the response:

"First, Apollo Bold is our own ID. The internal structure and design are different. Plus, we have our own EQ and our own patented technologies;
About aptX HD, Apollo Bold uses QCC5124, the chip itself supports aptX HD, but need to solve some technical things, currently Apollo Bold supports aptX, but we are working together with Qualcomm about aptX HD. It will support aptX HD when APP comes out.
Please stay tuned."

Jul 21, 2020 at 4:05 PM Post #23,750 of 62,412
Yes and cheaper! Very little feedback so far although they've sent them to quite a few members here for free, possibly not a very good sign...

I think little feedback is based on the others not haven gotten theirs yet (mine shipped really fast!) and me not waiting around to share my initial findings :)

Still not comfortable talking about the sound, there are times (like now) that I am sitting here and I forgot if I have the Apollo or the xm3 in my ears. I bet ppl with better ears will find some more obvious differences, but for my ears, I am very happy with the sound ... and very much looking fwd to the app!

Jul 21, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #23,751 of 62,412
I actually asked about these things and somehow I thought I shared the responses ... maybe hidden in my review ... I asked about the 'sameness with Cleer, based on FCC filing' and AptX HD ... this was the response:

"First, Apollo Bold is our own ID. The internal structure and design are different. Plus, we have our own EQ and our own patented technologies;
About aptX HD, Apollo Bold uses QCC5124, the chip itself supports aptX HD, but need to solve some technical things, currently Apollo Bold supports aptX, but we are working together with Qualcomm about aptX HD. It will support aptX HD when APP comes out.
Please stay tuned."
I hope the app will come out quickly, and they won't based the app on their already existed app that has a low score on the android store. if the product can support APTX HD would be nice. I'm waiting for a most in-depth review. Someone might have to revisit the product once they fixed all those technical details

Jul 21, 2020 at 5:06 PM Post #23,752 of 62,412
I think little feedback is based on the others not haven gotten theirs yet (mine shipped really fast!) and me not waiting around to share my initial findings :)

Still not comfortable talking about the sound, there are times (like now) that I am sitting here and I forgot if I have the Apollo or the xm3 in my ears. I bet ppl with better ears will find some more obvious differences, but for my ears, I am very happy with the sound ... and very much looking fwd to the app!

Well that's rather good news if you can't tell the difference with the XM3 for SQ. How about for ANC, is it as efficient? How is the passive isolation? The fit? Better ambient? Thanks!

Jul 21, 2020 at 8:35 PM Post #23,755 of 62,412
Hey guys, so here is a question... I’m trying to figure out if any truly incredible TWS buds will be coming later this year. (LDAC?) I can’t seem to find any good info googling

i‘m listening to my N6 Pro’s right now and the music is pretty great. Superior to the XM3 to my ears. But no ANC

I’ve heard some good things about the Senn momentum TW2’s but some negatives too. Low battery life, “just ok...” ANC, etc.

i‘d happily pay some serious $ to get sound that approaches nice IEM’s like my Lola’s.

thanks!

Jul 21, 2020 at 8:43 PM Post #23,756 of 62,412
They are absolute bass monsters. Yet the highs in meds aren’t too bad either but they are definitely warm sounding. I kind a love them.
Thanks, by now they have already landed and while I am kinda happy with the SQ, I seem to be having some connection issues (left bud starts to buzz, then turns off, turns back on again, all good then) and fit is iffy, that winged stem prevents me from jamming them all the way in ... need to look into my bag of tips ...

Jul 21, 2020 at 8:47 PM Post #23,758 of 62,412
Well that's rather good news if you can't tell the difference with the XM3 for SQ. How about for ANC, is it as efficient? How is the passive isolation? The fit? Better ambient? Thanks!
I thought I had answered some of those. Like with the xm3, the ANC greatly depends on the fit / seal and I think I am getting there. And by now I’d say yes, the ANC is at that level. Definitely not ‘weak sauce’
Fit is good, actually kinda better than xm3. Which there was a wing option though. Don’t feel comfortable running with them.
ambient works, but since it is not a feature of importance to me, I did not A/B much.

Jul 21, 2020 at 9:59 PM Post #23,759 of 62,412
Hey guys, so here is a question... I’m trying to figure out if any truly incredible TWS buds will be coming later this year. (LDAC?) I can’t seem to find any good info googling

i‘m listening to my N6 Pro’s right now and the music is pretty great. Superior to the XM3 to my ears. But no ANC

I’ve heard some good things about the Senn momentum TW2’s but some negatives too. Low battery life, “just ok...” ANC, etc.

i‘d happily pay some serious $ to get sound that approaches nice IEM’s like my Lola’s.

thanks!
Bose and klipsch will come out soon, but no Ldac yet

Jul 21, 2020 at 9:59 PM Post #23,760 of 62,412
First bike ride with the mpow 30. Nothing to complain about here. Sound quality is more balanced less muddy than my old T5. A nice fun v shape but not over the top. In short, perfectly fine and a pleasant surprise. Fit is really nice. They are super small and stay put. I agree the wings didn't really do much but it didn't matter. They sit flush so wind noise was almost nonexistent. I paid 29 USD. Good call Scarbir!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back