Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 5, 2020 at 2:58 PM Post #18,061 of 62,440
I went back and tried the Nuarl N6 Pro for the last time before I box them up to send back. They're really promising, it's just a shame they're on the brighter side. Has anyone tried the N6 yet? I'm hoping they're the equivalent of the NT01AX in terms of sound. I'm worried that with the model split between the "flat" N6 Pro and the "fun" N6 that Nuarl didn't go too far to the extreme with the N6 being overly warm and bassy.

Jan 5, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #18,062 of 62,440
Update: That DID work! I thought I had already had my location on when trying. Thank you!
Lol glad you figured it out.

Jan 5, 2020 at 3:28 PM Post #18,063 of 62,440
I went back and tried the Nuarl N6 Pro for the last time before I box them up to send back. They're really promising, it's just a shame they're on the brighter side. Has anyone tried the N6 yet? I'm hoping they're the equivalent of the NT01AX in terms of sound. I'm worried that with the model split between the "flat" N6 Pro and the "fun" N6 that Nuarl didn't go too far to the extreme with the N6 being overly warm and bassy.

Just curious, did you try eqing for bass w the n6 pro? They responded really well to just a Spotify eq imo. I think they sound amazing tbh, but def can be bright at times. Will be getting the n6 this week (probably Tuesday) so will be providing impressions and eventually a full review on them.

Jan 5, 2020 at 3:34 PM Post #18,064 of 62,440
Just curious, did you try eqing for bass w the n6 pro? They responded really well to just a Spotify eq imo. I think they sound amazing tbh, but def can be bright at times. Will be getting the n6 this week (probably Tuesday) so will be providing impressions and eventually a full review on them.

Yeah I read your post about that yesterday and it piqued my interest. I don't use Spotify (Tidal user primarily) so I don't have a streaming app EQ to use, but TBH I also think that with Nuarl releasing 2 "flavors" of the N6 it might be worth trying the non-Pro model anyway since it's cheaper and might not need to worry about resorting to EQ.

Jan 5, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #18,065 of 62,440
Yeah I read your post about that yesterday and it piqued my interest. I don't use Spotify (Tidal user primarily) so I don't have a streaming app EQ to use, but TBH I also think that with Nuarl releasing 2 "flavors" of the N6 it might be worth trying the non-Pro model anyway since it's cheaper and might not need to worry about resorting to EQ.

Yeah that's totally fair. I def think they warm up a bit after a few days of burn in, but there's still some harshness on a few songs in the mid-highs. I just think they have some of the best detail retrieval and tonality I've heard on a TWS so far, so I might be willing to try to get past it. Will let you know what I think of the n6 once I get them in.

Jan 5, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #18,066 of 62,440
Yeah that's totally fair. I def think they warm up a bit after a few days of burn in, but there's still some harshness on a few songs in the mid-highs. I just think they have some of the best detail retrieval and tonality I've heard on a TWS so far, so I might be willing to try to get past it. Will let you know what I think of the n6 once I get them in.

Looking forward to your impressions!

Jan 5, 2020 at 5:09 PM Post #18,067 of 62,440
I’m still having trouble and having to adjust my T1X during a simple workout, even just a simple treadmill walk. I’ve tried several tips..maybe I should try a set with hooks. Anything decent under $100?

Like many here (I'd guess), I rotate a few different pairs of tws. The Fiil T1X were the first pair I've owned that actually shipped with interchangeable ear hooks. The smaller ones were already mounted out of the box so that's how I tried them. Have to tell you that the fit was perfect and I was surprised at just how well they stay in place. Fwiw, give it a shot.

Jan 5, 2020 at 5:15 PM Post #18,068 of 62,440

Most likely the harshness will not be an issue for us older users. :) As I started approaching 50, I hear sibilance less and less. :frowning2:

Jan 5, 2020 at 6:39 PM Post #18,069 of 62,440
I think something is going wrong in my new addiction
P1030346.JPG

Jan 5, 2020 at 7:26 PM Post #18,070 of 62,440
Have you used UAPP with Tidal? UAPP is the only way I listen to Tidal now with my Android phone. It has Eq in the app as well.

Jan 5, 2020 at 7:51 PM Post #18,071 of 62,440
If you can find headphones that sound they way you like em then you freed from the curse of needing eq.

Jan 5, 2020 at 9:27 PM Post #18,073 of 62,440
just read an article on the verge that Jabra is releasing an active variant of the 75T which will be $199.99. has IP57 rating, and comes in 6 colors.
navy, Copper black Amazon exclusive, Titanium Black Bestbuy exclusive; those 3 available next month. Gray will be released in march, and Sienna and mint in April.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back