god i hate battlefield 3
Jun 15, 2012 at 1:41 AM Post #331 of 345
I find generally the scores are more even on maps like Ziba Tower (I hate this map for many reasons) where in my experience the player positioning is so random, and the "kill one dude, get killed by the guy baiting him" factor rules gameplay.  The maps are good for toying around with shotguns and smg's but I'm not so keen on the randomness.  May as well be FFA.  Mostly though the way people play the maps is what makes them bad - eg spam of the semi-auto shotguns and snipers, and where are my 12 GA slugs?  What happens to me so bloody often is I shoot some muppet, then he runs for cover, then some other player rocks up behind me and I die - the only way to get kills seems to run around like a retard and spam, because if you engage at medium range they just run off and you get killed by some random guy.

Jun 15, 2012 at 6:50 AM Post #333 of 345
I just wish i could get on after the patch on the 4th, but i am not the only one quite a lot of people on my friends lists can't get on anymore and dice/ea are no help whatsoever..I tweeted them on twitter about the fact that i can't get on and that i have been on three times after the patch so it's not the hardware and they blocked me! Saying that i had about 8 months worth of gameplay out of battlefield3 so i am not too bothered really,it's just all the people i know on the game and being in a clan and we all got to be friends is the worst part,but dice/ea aren't bothered about any of that all they seem to be interested in is getting people to pay for premium! I am just holding on 'till the next patch and if i can't get on then i will delete the game! Sorry, you can't follow this user (because they're blocking you! I were waiting for the amd 7990s to come out so i could do a new build but i think i will go back to consoles and buy a wii u instead pc gamings too hit and miss!

Helicopters bugged - tanks don't do any damage

siideriu

fi.gif
Enlisted: 2011-10-27

2012-06-15 11:13 Quote

ajax-loader.gif

Anybody else noticed this after last patch? Shooting to chopper with tank, round explodes but deals no damage / splash effect to it..

I think it's bugged?

Ednzynzki

fi.gif
Enlisted: 2011-10-25

2012-06-15 11:13 Quote

ajax-loader.gif

Been here since relase, welcome to Battlefield 3 ****test netcode evör.

Oska-Myke

gb.gif
Enlisted: 2011-11-28

2012-06-15 11:14 Quote

ajax-loader.gif

I don't know what game you're playing, but I've shot down plenty helicopters with a tank.

Riedmatten

nl.gif
Enlisted: 2011-10-26

2012-06-15 11:16 Quote

ajax-loader.gif

And I get killed plenty of times by tanks in a chopper

Matmanz

be.gif
Enlisted: 2011-11-05

2012-06-15 11:17 Quote

ajax-loader.gif

All these whiners..

siideriu

fi.gif
Enlisted: 2011-10-27

2012-06-15 11:18 Quote

ajax-loader.gif

Oska-Myke said:
I don't know what game you're playing, but I've shot down plenty helicopters with a tank.

I know a direct hit will usually explode it (with a lot of experience). But since last patch round fired to the base of the chopper don't deal any damage into them :xf_eek:

Leave a reply... 

{C}
Poll

What's your favourite Close Quarters Map?

Ziba Tower
Operation 925
Donya Fortress
Scrap Metal

Latest Battlelog News
  1. Double XP event this weekend! 3 days ago 657 Comments

2. Close Quarters out now for all Premiums 4 days ago 96 Comments

3. Battlefield 3 Premium launched 1 week ago 249 Comments

Latest from Twitter
twitter_icon_small.png

@battlefield @sledgstone Please stay tuned for further updates.^SA 12 minutes ago

twitter_icon_small.png

@battlefield @kompletekhaoz We have seen reports of players already having it, but we're looking into it.^SA 13 minutes ago

twitter_icon_small.png

@battlefield @aous89 No official word yet on that, please stay tuned.^SA 14 minutes ago

A production from

Technology by EA DICE

Technology by ESN

North America

Europe

© 2012 EA DIGITAL ILLUSIONS CE AB. All rights reserved. Version: release1.3-629 Change language
  1. Jobs
    common-square.png
  2. Privacy Policy
    common-square.png
  3. Corporate Info
    common-square.png
  4. Legal Notices
    common-square.png
  5. Product EULAs and Other Disclosures
    common-square.png
  6. Terms of Service
    common-square.png
  7. Age ratings
    common-square.png
  8. Credits

Welcome soldier!Introducing the new BattlefieldIntroducing the Com CenterIntroducing the Battle feed  

WELCOME TO BATTLELOG, SOLDIER!

This is the Battlelog, the new social Battlefield experience. We'll be introducing some of our features while you explore the site.

LAUNCHING FROM YOUR BROWSER

Anywhere you see a Play or Join button, you can click it to get into the game.
The game will launch from the web and load silently until you are ready to join.

KEEP YOUR FRIENDS CLOSE

Your friends list lives at the bottom of the page in the Com Center.
There you can join their game and chat with them.

FRIENDS ACTIVITY FEED

Get instant reports when your friends unlock new weapons,
get new awards or make plans for tonight’s game.

Next

Introducing the Server BrowserIntroducing the Drop ZoneIntroducing the Game Manager  

FINDING THE RIGHT SERVER

Select your favorite game modes, maps, and map sizes with the browser filter.
Click a server you’d like to join alone or with friends.

INVITE YOUR FRIENDS

Drag your friends from the Com Center to a Drop Zone and they will get an invite to join.

KEEPING UP TO DATE

Game updates are automatically pushed to you.
Use the Game Manager to start the update process.

Next

Introducing Your Profile  

SHOW THE BATTLEFIELD WHO YOU ARE

Your Profile is where other people come to see you.
Your Soldiers, Stats, Favourite servers and your own personal Battle feed.

Next

Introducing Platoons  

NEVER PLAY ALONE AGAIN

Join a platoon or create your own

Next

P.S this is not me it's just an example of how greedy dice/ea have become! IIILSDIII

Enlisted: 2012-04-16
2012-06-15 11:30 , edited 2012-06-15 11:32 by IIILSDIII Quote

ajax-loader.gif

some m8's have a bf3 server since day 1 they have the b2k maps in the rotation and i could still join even though i didn't have em at the time. i now have b2k but not the cq pack, but this time when i click join i get a message saying i need premium. i click continue to server anyway and nothing happens. it wont let me join even on maps i do have... basically limiting there traffic which they need and my enjoyment of the game because i need to spend my money on other things for the next few weeks.

i have my priority's of buying a new keyboard or getting premium the keyboard being the more expensive and i dont have a mum to buy it for me or a gf/wife that will let me spend as i wish... so please sort this bug out...
id like to get back to my clan app and this aint helping.

currently the server has 2 active tags. a grayish CQ square and a B2K square next to the name. no premium marker.
im gonna try other servers today to see if its confined to there server host or if its a full on bug.

checked its a full on bug i cannot join any server that has the cq tags and b2k tags listed.

Jun 21, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #335 of 345
wow that sucks about your BF3!  Ahh well good excuse to play Skyrim - I still haven't played it either - too much audio gear fighting for the same money.
biggrin.gif

Jun 26, 2012 at 1:32 PM Post #336 of 345
Just thought I would revive this tread, I recently got the expansion pack Close Quarters Combat and it is fun.

Part of the fun is that they added HD destruction. The game has a destructable environment and you can shoot out the drywall and see bits and pieces flying around.

I was getting a little burned out of Battlefield 3 before, but they had a patch and rebalanced the game.

For example, bunch of people were using the USA 12 with the frag. It's not as powerful anymore.

I used to use the MG36, but now the clip can only hold 50 bullets, before it used to be 100.

My favorite 2 guns are the M3A3 and the Saiga.

Somebody help me, I have to get a life.

Woop de doo.

Jun 27, 2012 at 3:16 AM Post #337 of 345
Have you tried COD?
biggrin.gif

Me I cant stand the maps with HD destruction because, well, they destroy my framerate.  I'm not really a fan of the CQ gameplay either as it rewards spam and running around mindlessly and I prefer a more methodical approach.  Too many randoms spawning or turning up in random locations while I'm having a firefight with someone 20 meters away.  Some maps are good for using the shotguns and SMG's which are useless on other maps.  Mk3 and Saiga are teh eww though, Mk3's a freakin' thermos lol
biggrin.gif
.  SPAS is where it is at - pump action lets them know you trust your aim.

Jun 27, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #338 of 345
I got the Aug yesterday and I am trying it out, but I don't know if it's any better than the M4A3.

The best part of the M4A3 is the fast reload, the Aug seems kind of slow in comparison.

The Saiga is the king of shot guns, it has the fastest reload on a clip. The USA 12 has too much recoil and the MK3 has a slow reload.

The spawning part is kind of bugging me too, I had a whole squad spawn behind me.

Now I am finding I have to keep looking behind me.

I like the COD series but the graphics are not as good as the frostbite 2 engine. COD looks like old gen. in comparison.

Mar 26, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #340 of 345
I take it no ones noticed the BF4 banners floating around EA's facebook page with a March date on. Might be an annoucement to when the next one will be out, even though End Game has only just recently been released...

Mar 27, 2013 at 5:55 AM Post #341 of 345
Dont remind me. DLC that cant be backed up gives me the sheisers. Just bought some new gear, and ideally a new windows install would be in store, but then I would need to blow another 15gig or so of downloads to patch all these games that dont run off Steam. I'm kind of over they way people play BF3 these days, and I only play it for fun when a freind is on or when I forget how crap most servers are these days. And to do all this I need to wait 12 hours for some useless patch to ensure compatibility with some useless DLC that I really dont care for. If BF4 is like this, which it probably will be, I will just give up on the franchise.

Mar 27, 2013 at 9:20 AM Post #342 of 345
I hope that they remove vehicle unlocks in BF4. Those kind of ruined the game for me. I was excited for the return of jets but they made it so you have to fly for a hundred hours straight just to unlock ground missiles(I actually never did unlock them), making your jet totally useless at doing anything other than fighting other jets. Making it take an insanely long amount of time to unlock stuff is just a very bad artificial way to increase replay value IMO.

Mar 28, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #343 of 345
Quote:
I hope that they remove vehicle unlocks in BF4. Those kind of ruined the game for me. I was excited for the return of jets but they made it so you have to fly for a hundred hours straight just to unlock ground missiles(I actually never did unlock them), making your jet totally useless at doing anything other than fighting other jets. Making it take an insanely long amount of time to unlock stuff is just a very bad artificial way to increase replay value IMO.

I hope they remove unlocks, period. Players shouldn't be forced to grind for equipment that doesn't suck or should be standard, and said grinding will only be made substantially more difficult if they can't fend themselves off against people who already do have the better equipment. It's just bad form for a competitive FPS.

Battlefield has had its balance issues before (case in point: Vietnam M60/LAW kit), but at least those tend to get patched, and vehicles didn't have weapons entirely missing because the person driving them hadn't unlocked them yet!

Mar 28, 2013 at 8:14 AM Post #344 of 345
I don't mind some unlocks, as long as the base weapons are still balanced. I just don't want it to be a grind, and I don't want it to have anything to do with vehicles.

They're definitely going to have some unlock system, that's just the way that multiplayer games work now(unfortunately)...I'm just praying it doesn't touch vehicles. That was such a stupid idea of them to do that. People already frequently teamkilled in previous games just to get jets and helicopters, people don't need more incentive to use them.

Apr 11, 2013 at 8:25 AM Post #345 of 345
I kind of see it that all weapons should be more or less balanced. Problem with BF3 now is that all the clan wannabe kids try so damn hard and they only ever use assault, and only ever use 2 or 3 assault rifles. And they run around and jump like mad lunatics. And the game is laggy. Not fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back