Go-Vibe heads up! New version V5S
Dec 3, 2006 at 2:37 PM Post #31 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At this time you've become plain ridiculous. Truthful information should never require moderation. Or am I being deluded.
redface.gif

I'm wondering... Why all this continuing patent anger for my honest and felt objections (in fact not just honest and felt in this thread, but plain evident to boot)? Are you directly involved in some mysterious way
confused.gif

Actually, i thinks it's just that the act is wearing thin.

FYI, one could easily put together some "truthful information" about said act that would indeed require moderation

Dec 3, 2006 at 8:00 PM Post #33 of 114
No you are not the only one with issues, however it appears the moderators do not have a problem with what IMO are repeated attacks on the Go-Vibe 5. It also appears that they do not have an issue with multiple posts in a row by the same person all whithin short periods of time (hours). Oh well ... so be it.
rolleyes.gif

Dec 3, 2006 at 8:19 PM Post #34 of 114
I enjoy most of Andreas posts since they are not always nice and dandy.

It's more realistic than people constanting raving about amps consisting of a cheap opamp and a few resistors for what is IMO too much money.

I love head-fi but lately.. all it seems to be is a playground for selling and not reviewing. This forum is truly one of the few I go to where almost no product is reviewed or rated with the consumers interest in mind. I can't swallow that almost every review in the amp forum is positive and if someone even briefly mentions that it sucks, they are told that their equipment sucks or they need better (insert anything here).

Dec 3, 2006 at 9:01 PM Post #35 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by IEATTEFLON /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's more realistic than people constanting raving about amps consisting of a cheap opamp and a few resistors for what is IMO too much money.

Thanks

Dec 3, 2006 at 9:55 PM Post #36 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by IEATTEFLON /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love head-fi but lately.. all it seems to be is a playground for selling and not reviewing. This forum is truly one of the few I go to where almost no product is reviewed or rated with the consumers interest in mind. I can't swallow that almost every review in the amp forum is positive and if someone even briefly mentions that it sucks, they are told that their equipment sucks or they need better (insert anything here).

Well I have to disagree, at least in part. I'm pretty new here (old member, just not active) so I don't have much clout.

I have, in fact read several negative, or should I say less than flowery reviews concerning several amps. I have read some pretty off-putting comments about the LDM, PA2V2, comments about the LD2+ and arcing have paused my interest in tube amps, etc. (there are others). Now this hasn't colored me totally. I think I would still consider a PA2V2 if I wanted something warm based on all the positive comments and the customer service. The Little Dot stuff is very intriguing at it's price point, so I won't discount their stuff.

What I'm saying, I've seen good and bad, enough that I believe the scale is only slightly off kilter (yes, as with most enthusiast endeavors, the positives usually gloss over the negatives). It's balanced enough though for me to glean the information I need to make a more informed decision than if the information wasn't here at all.

Dec 4, 2006 at 1:20 AM Post #37 of 114
x2

But for one example: the grado 325i - some call it screechy in the highs - some say no just right, maybe it's a matter of preference or synergy (not better x or y, but different, say tubes over a Rega)

but praise, less than flowery descriptions, and suggestions for synergy abound

same applies to numerous amps

this dynamic, with one member and one product, seems very different

Dec 4, 2006 at 3:08 AM Post #38 of 114
Quote:

At this time you've become plain ridiculous. Truthful information should never require moderation. Or am I being deluded.
redface.gif

I'm wondering... Why all this continuing patent anger for my honest and felt objections (in fact not just honest and felt in this thread, but plain evident to boot)? Are you directly involved in some mysterious way
confused.gif

Perhaps you can elaborate. How is a moderator to determine the truth?

What is apparant is that you have a strong opinion centered on GoVibe.

The truth is apparant only to you and those who agree with your opinion. To others it is simply an opinion not subject to moderation.

I suggest you may want to reflect on the distinction between truth and opinion.

Dec 4, 2006 at 8:04 AM Post #39 of 114
I meant to say that the technical information I gave in this thread is all plain evident (and useful?).
wink.gif

Dec 4, 2006 at 8:52 AM Post #40 of 114
Nice one Norm, this is great news. Having the choice is great.

I feel a third GoVibe in the near future
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheers

R

Dec 4, 2006 at 10:45 AM Post #41 of 114
So if we could all put our Andrea-filters
wink.gif
on for just a quick moment here, what I'd really like to know is:

- What are some likely op-amp candidates for the Go-Vibe V5S other than the two that Norm has chosen to include?

- Where can the novice op-amp roller obtain these little goodies?

And if anyone is feeling really ambitious, feel free to post further on the hopefully-one-day-sticky "Roller's Guide To Op-Amps" thread.

Cheers, Dex

Dec 4, 2006 at 12:02 PM Post #42 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
- What are some likely op-amp candidates for the Go-Vibe V5S other than the two that Norm has chosen to include?

Just the good ol' ones, AD8620/10, OPA2227/227, OPA2134/134, AD823/AD843, AD8066/8065, AD8034/8033, OPA2107/? ...plus the AD8058/8057 maybe.

Ouch, forgot 'bout the Andrea-filters
biggrin.gif
lambda.gif
biggrin.gif

Dec 4, 2006 at 12:17 PM Post #43 of 114
Quote:

Just the good ol' ones, AD8620/10, OPA2227/227, OPA2134/134, AD823/AD843, AD8066/8065, AD8034/8033, OPA2107/? ...plus the AD8058/8057 maybe.

Ouch, forgot 'bout the Andrea-filters
biggrin.gif
lambda.gif
biggrin.gif

Heh-heh, filter-off for that one, Andrea, thanks!
eggosmile.gif

Now, could you suggest a good source or two for finding any of the good ol' ones?
tongue.gif

Dec 4, 2006 at 1:48 PM Post #44 of 114
I normally order either from RS components or from the free sample programs.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back