Go for the DUNU DN-12 Trident?
Aug 5, 2011 at 4:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

ali123

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, I have a budget of about $40. Now I was originally going to get the RE2 but since it's not available anymore I found reviews for the DUNU DN-12 Trident and they all seem incredibly positive. Now I want the best I can get for the price. I mainly listen to Japanese pop, techno, trance, and metal. I like my music "warm" and "lush". Do you guys think it would be a good choice? It's 34.50 on mp4nation.

Thanks

Aug 5, 2011 at 4:12 PM Post #2 of 10
Yes. I am currently evaluating a pair of DUNU's tridents and I greatly enjoy their warm sound signature. I think they're a great value for the price.

Aug 5, 2011 at 4:24 PM Post #4 of 10
To be honest, these are probably the best $40 IEMs I've heard.

Aug 5, 2011 at 4:36 PM Post #5 of 10
The brainwavz m1 is $44,50 which has warm/balanced sound (used to be $40). For really warm and lush i would go for the high end models of  Xears but they are €38 and well worth the price. I might buy the trident one day but according to joker's thread even the mid models from DUNU doesnt have such a good rating on their sound quality.

Aug 5, 2011 at 4:50 PM Post #6 of 10
I think the Tridents will suit you better than the M1s mentioned above.  That's just me though.  Better bass and treble extension.  You do lose some details in the mids, but the Tridents are still great.  V-shaped sig though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back