Glove Audio A1 jacket DAC Amp for AK120
Jan 17, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #166 of 312
Jan 17, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #167 of 312
Ok, I can kinda imagine how this works. The transport will probably change the 1s and 0s according to the equalizer setting, so if you put more bass, the 1s and 0s are changed from the original values to reflect more bass.

On the other hand, with the equalizer off, won't the transport just output the original 1s and 0s as per the music file? So different transports, all with the equalizers off, will still output the same thing.

Hope this makes sense to others too. 

That what I thought.

Jan 17, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #168 of 312
I owned a titan 120 and got the glove and absolutely love it...what makes this such a fantastic combo to me is that the titan has 128GB internal storage and 2 card slots so it is going forward the DAP with the largest potential capacity when the 256 cards are available.....the sound is superb and the capacity fantastic...seems to me a used titan with the glove is a great deal!

Jan 17, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #169 of 312
I owned a titan 120 and got the glove and absolutely love it...what makes this such a fantastic combo to me is that the titan has 128GB internal storage and 2 card slots so it is going forward the DAP with the largest potential capacity when the 256 cards are available.....the sound is superb and the capacity fantastic...seems to me a used titan with the glove is a great deal!

Yes, I had no desire to listen to anything else since i got the glove a few days back. The clarity and balance and power of the sound is amazing....

I can only imagine what balanced cables will do... Ha...few more weeks until I get them...

Jan 17, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #172 of 312
if you are looking for something to throw in your pocket and listen to on the go then yes it is not the proper solution...but i find that when i am out running around i dont listen to my high end DAP because i cant appreciate it...on the other hand when i am at home or traveling on a plane or train etc i always bring it along and love it

Jan 17, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #173 of 312
I really like the AK120 all by itself for biking/ and getting around. I use it with the Hugo at home. I'm not sure I need another amp/DAC but I'll give it a listen at the SoCal CanJam.

Jan 17, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #174 of 312
I can only imagine what balanced cables will do... Ha...few more weeks until I get them...

It's fair to say after getting my T5P's my Audeze LCD2's lay for months in their case. Then I listened to them with my balanced Toxic cables via the Glove/120 and it would not be an understatement to say it was a revalation!

What was once veiled, grainy and muddy in comparison to the T5P's became clear as a bell and so musically engaging that it has become one of my favourite ways to listen to music!

Sounds really good single ended but the true magic happens in balanced mode.

It truly transformed my LCD's, I am seriously thinking about getting my T5P's modded to run balanced as well.

Simply put, if you have the ability to go balanced with the glove do it, it is a not inconsiderable step up in sound quality from single ended I feel.

Jan 17, 2015 at 11:16 PM Post #175 of 312
So I sent the Centrance sales team an e-mail about using the glove with EIM and Michael Goodman responded that glove has a nice dark background thus appropriate with IEMs.
I also mentioned that a volume level indicator would be a valuable feature and he mentioned they would consider this feature in the next version.

If they did include it, I think it would be a killer feature.

Jan 18, 2015 at 12:05 AM Post #176 of 312
It's amazing though how I have become used to having no volume display. Perhaps it's my aged. My first portable was the very first Sony Walkman which on the version I had had no indication of where the volume was.

I have quickly trained myself when going to my more sensitive headphones to first lower the volume before playing music the. Adjusting accordingly. I just like that this is a very simple product with nothing to learn once it's attatched to the player.

If the lack of volume indication puts one off don't let it. You soon get used to it!

Jan 18, 2015 at 1:18 AM Post #177 of 312
It's amazing though how I have become used to having no volume display. Perhaps it's my aged. My first portable was the very first Sony Walkman which on the version I had had no indication of where the volume was.

I have quickly trained myself when going to my more sensitive headphones to first lower the volume before playing music the. Adjusting accordingly. I just like that this is a very simple product with nothing to learn once it's attatched to the player.

If the lack of volume indication puts one off don't let it. You soon get used to it!

Yes, I agree with you. It's not an issue at all. Whenever I switch headphones I just press the volume down button (now instinctively ) so I won't be in for a surprise. Also I trained myself to start the music before I put the headphones on since that reduces the risk for unpleasant surprises greatly.

Cheers,
K

Jan 18, 2015 at 1:20 AM Post #178 of 312
It's fair to say after getting my T5P's my Audeze LCD2's lay for months in their case. Then I listened to them with my balanced Toxic cables via the Glove/120 and it would not be an understatement to say it was a revalation!

What was once veiled, grainy and muddy in comparison to the T5P's became clear as a bell and so musically engaging that it has become one of my favourite ways to listen to music!

Sounds really good single ended but the true magic happens in balanced mode.

It truly transformed my LCD's, I am seriously thinking about getting my T5P's modded to run balanced as well.

Simply put, if you have the ability to go balanced with the glove do it, it is a not inconsiderable step up in sound quality from single ended I feel.

Noooo, I hardly managed to wait for the cables already and now this.... Unfortunately recabling my T90 is a major undertaking and since it's the Jubilee version, I don't want to destroy it's "look" with balanced cables. But anyhow, for the most important IEMs I get them and for the HE-400 too :wink:

Cheers,
K

Jan 18, 2015 at 2:25 AM Post #179 of 312
I was at Jaben an hour ago asking about the glove a1, although my ak100mk2 isn't here yet. I was quite impressed by it, sturdy construction and thoughtful design. Made out of aluminum and felt, so it felt top notched. I like that it has 2 balanced output, the kobiconn, which has been around for a long while and the 2.5mm one, which meant that it can be used with the other ak daps too.

The most important thing is that the overall size isn't too huge. From memory it is slightly bigger than an ak240, but it is ALOT more manageable than most stacks, since the dap is screwed in securely, and there is no other additional cables hanging about, the two main reasons why I don't use my current stack (iPhone+cck+c5d) without a bag.

Should I like the sound, I can forsee it being my end-all portable rig.

Jan 18, 2015 at 2:34 AM Post #180 of 312
Quick question (as I don't recall the glove being able to do this from when I had it for a brief period of time) but can the glove be used as a portable USB DAC/amp when connected to a laptop? Moreso to have a portable balanced unit when on the road. Last I checked it couldn't be used as such but was wondering if it's a software thing that could potentially be upgraded in the future so that it can function as the AK units Can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back