Glove Audio A1 jacket DAC Amp for AK120
Jan 13, 2015 at 1:02 AM Post #136 of 312
  Thanks for feedback ianmedium!

I'm glad to hear it has a nice black background.

I'm going to see if my local shop has it so I can demo it.
I hate to buy stuff without trying it out first but I guess this is the norm in this hobby!

I have a used one from a forum member incoming. Should hopefully be here tomorrow or day after.

Can post impressions with my sensitive IEMs that love to hiss. 

Cheers,
K

Jan 14, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #138 of 312
  Koolpep -

Looking forward reading your impression!

Thanks!

Received it today and listened to it since. 

With any IEMs I put on it the background is the blackest yet. "Sucking-you-into-black-hole" - black.

Sound quality is flawless - though didn't do any comparison tests yet.

Jan 15, 2015 at 12:36 AM Post #140 of 312
DJBaila -

Is your intent to use the mod so your rig sounds better?
As I understand it, the glove takes optical in via AK optical out.
In this example, the DAC chips/amp is bypassed completely.
In essence, the mod does not factor in but I could be wrong.

Someone else care to chime in? 

Jan 15, 2015 at 12:43 AM Post #141 of 312
  DJBaila -

Is your intent to use the mod so your rig sounds better?
As I understand it, the glove takes optical in via AK optical out.
In this example, the DAC chips/amp is bypassed completely.
In essence, the mod does not factor in but I could be wrong.

Someone else care to chime in? 

I dont have the Glove A1, I have an ALO The International+ Amp, which is an excellent Amp and I want to use the RWAK100-S with my ALO amp, I just post here because maybe someone is using a RWAK100-S with Glove A1 and it would be the same if he use a stock AK100, so he could trade mine and get an extra $300.

Jan 15, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #144 of 312
received my A1 yesterday and have been overwhelmed as to how good it is!Great product that enhances the 100 or 120 and makes it night and day better....more power,more detail....simply a better listening experience!

Jan 15, 2015 at 10:17 PM Post #145 of 312
Will there be any sound difference whether you use the AK100 or AK120 with the Glove Audio? Since the DAP effectively becomes a transport, with DAC and amp bypassed, I'm thinking that there shouldn't be any audible differences but just like to check with you guys.

Jan 16, 2015 at 12:32 AM Post #146 of 312
received my A1 yesterday and have been overwhelmed as to how good it is!Great product that enhances the 100 or 120 and makes it night and day better....more power,more detail....simply a better listening experience!

Same here, love it so far!!!

Jan 16, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #147 of 312
  Will there be any sound difference whether you use the AK100 or AK120 with the Glove Audio? Since the DAP effectively becomes a transport, with DAC and amp bypassed, I'm thinking that there shouldn't be any audible differences but just like to check with you guys.

I would also like to hear the answer to this question....and one more:

How does the Glove fit both the AK100 and the 120 since they are different lengths? Is there a spacer or something?

Jan 16, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #148 of 312
There are two attatchments milled out of metal included with the Glove, one to allow for the 100 and the other the 120. You simply put the player in place then bolt on the end piece appropriate to your player. This holds the player firmly in place and makes the whole unit feel like one piece. The glove is beautifully milled as well, everything is so precise.

Jan 16, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #150 of 312
both the 100 and 120 fit perfectly using different sized attachments which fits securely and makes it look and feel seamless....the whole thing is so well thought out and worls and sounds so well....the only complaint i have is that you cannot see a volume level on the player when you use it but it is a manageable problem...otherwise it looks and sounds terrific

Users who are viewing this thread

Back