Glasses and headphones, a bad combiniation?
Oct 8, 2010 at 5:25 PM Post #31 of 51

Quote:
Try putting on the headphones first, then put on your glasses (just rest them on top of the pads). This might make a weird angle but comfort solved!

X2. This work for all my headphones even with headphones with incredible big ear pads like the LCD-2 currently. Except for the comfort I don´t want to ruin the seal or wear down the ear pads faster by wearing them normally.

Oct 8, 2010 at 5:40 PM Post #33 of 51

Quote:
X2. This work for all my headphones even with headphones with incredible big ear pads like the LCD-2 currently. Except for the comfort I don´t want to ruin the seal or wear down the ear pads faster by wearing them normally.

Ya know, I've never tried that.  My eyesight is good enough that I can deal without my glasses, so I really haven't tried finding a solution.  I know I tried wearing my glasses with my LCD-2's when I first got them and bent the heck out of them...heh.

Oct 9, 2010 at 7:05 AM Post #34 of 51
hmm destroy earpads or destroy glasses... that is the question. Confucius say cheapest solution! Find some packaging foam for electronic products (the dark gray ones) and just fit them into your earphones and that should seal the sound a bit more than just the air that's let through.

Oct 9, 2010 at 11:56 AM Post #37 of 51
Whenever I wear glasses and my HD25's at the same time I make sure to put my headphones on first. I'll let the arms of my glasses rest on top of the headphones, it slightly tilts them but it relieves my ears from the pain.

Oct 9, 2010 at 1:01 PM Post #38 of 51

when I put my glasses on over the pads so that they're slanted my eyes start to hurt after like a half hour and I get headaches. I wonder why

Because your brain runs a powerful DSP to recreate a wide picture off what the 2 eyes feed it. It wants the top picture, not the bottom one:

Chromatic_aberration_(comparison).jpg

I know some ppl try their headphones in the shop to make sure that their next glasses won't be painful. I already mentioned what worked for me, uber-thin legs so they're not too stiff and adapt to the earpads, don't break the seal and don't hurt my temples after a while. That's the only solution AFAIK.

Oct 9, 2010 at 6:58 PM Post #39 of 51
Any other HD650 owners with glasses? Wondering if it's just me, because I honestly can't tell the difference if I have my glasses on or not (well, except for not being able to see ^^) when wearing them. Maybe I'm just so used to these HD650s.

Oct 10, 2010 at 12:37 AM Post #40 of 51

Quote:

Because your brain runs a powerful DSP to recreate a wide picture off what the 2 eyes feed it. It wants the top picture, not the bottom one:

Chromatic_aberration_(comparison).jpg

I know some ppl try their headphones in the shop to make sure that their next glasses won't be painful. I already mentioned what worked for me, uber-thin legs so they're not too stiff and adapt to the earpads, don't break the seal and don't hurt my temples after a while. That's the only solution AFAIK.

That bottom picture is exactly what I see when I do that. Unfortunately I don't have the privilege of having a store near by that sells any headphones that aren't mass consumer products (skullcandy, monster, bose, a few sony's) so I ususally just have to work off of reviews and cross my fingers.

Quote:
Any other HD650 owners with glasses? Wondering if it's just me, because I honestly can't tell the difference if I have my glasses on or not (well, except for not being able to see ^^) when wearing them. Maybe I'm just so used to these HD650s.

I don't own them but I've tried on a pair and they definitely are very comfortable with glasses, just like the 550's.

Oct 10, 2010 at 12:46 AM Post #41 of 51

I don't have the privilege of having a store near by that sells any headphones that aren't mass consumer products (skullcandy, monster, bose, a few sony's) so I ususally just have to work off of reviews and cross my fingers.

I meant the other way around actually, some ppl go to the optical shop w/ their favorite phones.

Oct 10, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #43 of 51
My glasses are odd in that way they get sharper if I tilt them upwards so it´s win/win here
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 10, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #44 of 51
Depends how much the legs "strut up". I have polycarbonate legs and I heated them so I can pull them straight. Now a good part is sticking out, so when I wear the DT880, I take the glasses off. But if your glasses' legs follow your ear curvature well then there shouldn't be a problem.

Jul 12, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #45 of 51
Has anyone ever tried getting a pair of Rx Gunnar optics? Some of their gaming frames have very thin temples that allow for more comfort while wearing headphones. For example:

http://shop.gunnars.com/pdfs/ppk.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back