Glasses and headphones, a bad combiniation?
Oct 4, 2010 at 3:58 AM Post #16 of 51

Quote:
I've taken to wearing a monocle.

If only they sold monocles in my prescription.

Quote:
That's exactly it. When I was younger I used to have problems with the pressure being applied by the earpieces and nose pieces of a new pair of glasses so I'd buy the adhesive pads the glue to these spots and create a cushion between the piece and your face. They're usually available at optics stores/offices and in the medicine aisles in big grocery stores.

That could actually work! I'll definitely try it and see what happens.

Quote:
hybrid35 said:

Try putting on the headphones first, then put on your glasses (just rest them on top of the pads). This might make a weird angle but comfort solved!

I've tried this before but it always just ends up looking silly, kinda hurts my eyes after a bit too.

Quote:
Shark50521 said:

I got Lasik and PRK, no more glasses, problem solved. Not exactly a practical solution but trust me it works.

I like my glasses to much.

Oct 4, 2010 at 4:46 AM Post #17 of 51

K1000's and glasses are not a problem.

As said above rest them on top of the pads,or if you have an old pair of glasses bend the arms up.

Oct 4, 2010 at 1:28 PM Post #18 of 51
No problems with glasses and headphones here. But then again I do not have a crappy pair of headphones around...
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 5, 2010 at 8:17 PM Post #19 of 51
I've found that phones and glasses only mix together if the latter have uber-thin legs...you want them as thin as a piece of electric wire, and then it's perfect! anything big or thick and it'll be pure torture.

Oct 5, 2010 at 11:25 PM Post #20 of 51
The JVC HARX 700 ear pads are such that they bend around the earpieces more than they push them in.
I was going to try creating an indentation on the pads, but I think it's unnecessary for these. It could help on other phones though.

Oct 6, 2010 at 2:04 AM Post #22 of 51
Landis, Morpheus is wearing a nicely updated version of the classic pince-nez style, another good option.

I've considered a pair, though I might need an Opti-Grab to keep them in place.

Oct 6, 2010 at 2:17 AM Post #23 of 51
Even my HD650 make my glasses uncomfortable. They squeeze in the frame of my glasses, and also the drivers don't sit correctly over my ears either.

I've taken to wearing contact lenses when I forsee a long listening session, which is pretty much every night until I sleep.

Oct 6, 2010 at 2:28 AM Post #24 of 51
Evidently Headphone glasses have been around since before headphones:

Oct 7, 2010 at 7:33 PM Post #28 of 51

Quote:
Landis, Morpheus is wearing a nicely updated version of the classic pince-nez style, another good option.

I've considered a pair, though I might need an Opti-Grab to keep them in place.

HAHA great "The Jerk" reference. For those of you that don't know what Uncle Erik is talking about I have a picture.

opti-grab.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back