Glasses and full-size cans??
May 3, 2010 at 9:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47

Noobiiee

100+ Head-Fier
The pads keep pressing the glass against my head. I literally have to take off my phones every 30-40 mins of listening or just take the glasses off. Any solution? Apart from switching phones, listening to speakers, contact lenses, laser surgery, or poking my eyes out :p

Thanks guys,
Newb.

May 3, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #3 of 47
Honestly, there is no solution. This was one of my reasons for switching to contacts. All I can say is play around with the positioning of the headphones. Some positions hurt less. Also, you can change the headphone positioning ever 30-40 minutes rather than just take them off.

You could try a pair of lighter-clamping headphones with softer cushions, but I could never find a pair that didn't cause me pain while I was wearing glasses.

May 3, 2010 at 9:25 PM Post #4 of 47
No real problems, but I take my glasses of for serious listening. Better sound and comfort.

Other headphone might help, the ones I tried out of your sig (or equivalents: Grado/K271/ES7) where not what I'd call comfortable. The Grados got better with time but not optimal. HD555 comes to mind in about the same class, HD650 / Stax when you move up. Think about it
wink.gif

May 3, 2010 at 9:27 PM Post #5 of 47
I'm gna try rolling some cloth or foam around the frame. Will see if it works!

Tried the HD555, did not like the sound but I cannot remember what the comfort was like. Got a K601 on the way. Hope they're not skull crushers. My V6 are currently squashing my head as I'm typing this post
frown.gif

May 3, 2010 at 9:57 PM Post #7 of 47
The only full-sized can I have is Denon D1001 and they're absolutely fine with glasses or sunglasses (ordinary and larger, thicker, straight frames - typical Oakley models etc.)

They aren't as tight as some though, the Denon 1001, nor do the isolate as well.

May 3, 2010 at 9:59 PM Post #8 of 47
I too am a glasses wearing head-fier and have taken to bringing headphones with me when I try on glasses. heh. I had a reallllly bad pair of glasses for headphones at one time.

May 3, 2010 at 10:01 PM Post #9 of 47
lol I guess Headroom and TTVJ just found a new area to expand their business to
biggrin.gif

May 3, 2010 at 11:13 PM Post #11 of 47
I try to avoid wearing glasses when listening with my cans. I had some degree of trouble with all my cans. I may feel OK and then the headache starts. It's just a matter of when.

May 3, 2010 at 11:14 PM Post #12 of 47
Buy the most tiny ones you can find.

May 3, 2010 at 11:45 PM Post #13 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeckyllAndHyde /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got no problem with K701 and glasses - K601 should also be ok.

oh good, i really want a pair of those
k701smile.gif

May 3, 2010 at 11:47 PM Post #14 of 47
Just put the phones on first then the glasses with the arms resting on top of the pads,they are on an angle but fine to see through.
If you have an old steel framed pair bend the arms so they fit over the top of the pads,nothing ventured nothing gained.

For those with style there is the monocle or opera glasses.

May 3, 2010 at 11:55 PM Post #15 of 47
You must have circumaurals. When pads rest against the skull, they can't help but press against the "temples," the long parts that connect the front of the glasses to the ears.

Here's what you're doing. You're putting the helmet on and (unwittingly) brush back. In doing so, you are gripping the temples and pulling them backwards. You probably never noticed that you were doing this.

The solution is to either keep the headphone frames wide enough to clear the lobes (and then release the tension, allowing the cups to come down upon the ears like a helicopter landing) or to remove your glasses before you put your headphones on. If you have Sennheiser headphones, you may be anxious about pulling the frames too wide apart (since doing so can crack the headband). If so, just slip your headphones on, but remove your glasses first, then ease them back on afterwards.

Do what feels more comfortable to you, but keep in mind that you're the one who's doing this. The glasses aren't moving back on their own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back