Glass Jar Audio - Do they have high quality kit parts?
Oct 26, 2009 at 8:16 AM Post #16 of 70
I know all the cost involved in it. I want some like Ferrari show on th link. something clean and simple with epsilon22 backplane and active ground configuration.

Oct 26, 2009 at 9:03 AM Post #17 of 70
The problem is that afaik the e22 is not available anymore outside of a recent and finished group order.
However if you are neat and sensible (90 degree signal/power line crossings if unavoidable, ect) with your wiring then it won't be a problem.

Oct 26, 2009 at 10:15 AM Post #18 of 70
pila405,
i would recommend that you do all of your chassis work first. you need to plan, plan, and plan some more. you need to take into consideration where and how you're going to run your power and signal wires. once you have all of components/boards fitted, then stuff the PCBs and run wire.

as others have mentioned, the B22 boards aren't forgiving of mistakes. quadruple check component values and orientation. if this is your first soldering experience, i would recommend that you ohm out EVERY component.

Oct 26, 2009 at 10:22 AM Post #19 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The case I'm having made for mine.....

I didn't go the Glass Jar route.....

Yes, we know. You are trying to tell everybody at every opportunity you get, in every possible semi-related thread that pops up.

Oct 26, 2009 at 11:57 AM Post #20 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beefy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, we know. You are trying to tell everybody at every opportunity you get, in every possible semi-related thread that pops up.

There might be a fun part: if his amp simply fails...
biggrin.gif

Oct 26, 2009 at 2:07 PM Post #21 of 70
Oct 26, 2009 at 3:44 PM Post #22 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beefy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

beerchug.gif

Oct 26, 2009 at 5:36 PM Post #23 of 70
Oct 26, 2009 at 9:14 PM Post #25 of 70
Can I use it just to make sure all the parts are working so nothing will fry out when I turn the amp on?

Oct 26, 2009 at 9:16 PM Post #26 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by pila405 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can I use it just to make sure all the parts are working so nothing will fry out when I turn the amp on?

no. There is no substitute for experience for that one.

Oct 26, 2009 at 9:24 PM Post #27 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by pila405 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Look, this is the question you really need to ask yourself......

If something does break, or fry, or not work, are you willing to accept that the whole amount of money you spend on this project could be a complete waste?

Oct 26, 2009 at 9:28 PM Post #28 of 70
Hold on the orig. poster is planning his first DIY as a B22 and does not even own a multimeter. Seriously I actually have a BSEE (course have not practiced EE since graduating, went the software route), but I would not attempt a B22 as a first build. Beta22 is not just a stuff boards type of project.

At the very min. build a cmoy and see how that goes. You will not waste hardly any money compared to building a B22, heck it will probably save you money.

Oct 26, 2009 at 9:32 PM Post #29 of 70
Hi, quick question. Could someone direct me to a Sigma 22 build page, if one exists? I've been searching fruitlessly for the past 15 minutes.

Oct 26, 2009 at 9:39 PM Post #30 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by logwed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, quick question. Could someone direct me to a Sigma 22 build page, if one exists? I've been searching fruitlessly for the past 15 minutes.

If the official site and Headwize thread aren't enough, then you shouldn't be building one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back