Giveaway: Sennheiser HD700 and Woo Audio WA7 Fireflies DAC/amp
Nov 16, 2014 at 10:00 PM Post #76 of 140
I don't do twitter, instagram or facebook so I guess I'm out.. Why can't we enter here, or on Woo's website?

Nov 17, 2014 at 6:48 AM Post #77 of 140
  I don't do twitter, instagram or facebook so I guess I'm out.. Why can't we enter here, or on Woo's website?

This contest is not Head-Fi exclusive. Why would we able to enter here? Also, the entire point of these types of giveaways is to help market the products that are being given away - namely through social media. Essentially, the giveaway is to pay for this otherwise free strategy.

Nov 17, 2014 at 7:55 AM Post #78 of 140
Guys, something to ponder: Have any of you that can't enter (including myself and all my friends over here in Japan) lost anything by not being able to enter the competition? There's a crapload of great stuff I can't get from the US (or only get if I am willing to pay huge shipping costs) but I don't lose sleep over it because I haven't lost anything. If I hadn't known about it, then it wouldn't bother me. Something to consider! 
smile.gif

Nov 17, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #79 of 140
Well that's one way to look at it!....

Nov 17, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #81 of 140
Nov 17, 2014 at 9:06 PM Post #82 of 140
I think these competitions are interesting. If you sign up, you get "entries" for whatever.. eg:
  Signed up 1
  Follow Sennheiser on Twitter 1
  Follow Woo on Twitter 1

So maybe you get 6 entries.

Lets just say there is one other entrant, we both have 6 entries.. My chance is 50% - 6 in 12 total entries.

Then,  for each "referral" I get another entry... which brings my number to 7.... but the new guy will also put in 6... and so instead of 6 in 12, my chances are now 7 in 19 - 36%

So the moral of the story - dont refer anyone.

Nov 19, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #87 of 140
Well that SUCKS!

Only way to enter is via a social network.  I am a member of NONE of them and will not join.  I HATE contests / giveaways that don't have a means for non-social network entry.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :frowning2:

Nov 19, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #89 of 140
Being from Blighty, I am indeed sad that I cannot enter, but have to say that as I already have a pair of the HD700's, someone is in for a great prize.

...can I enter if I only claim the DAC?

Nov 19, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #90 of 140
I would love to hear how my Beyerdynamic DT-880 headphones sound through that Woo Audio amplifier. It would also be interesting to compare the Beyerdynamic DT-880 and the Sennheiser HD700. My guess is that it would be nice to have the option to listen to either pair, depending on mood and recording. (For example, perhaps the Sennheiser would be better for "bright" recordings.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back