"Girly" KSC-35/75
Aug 17, 2006 at 3:23 PM Post #31 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain
Could be worse, what if I decided to buy her some white iGrados?!
lambda.gif

LOL

ahhhhh thanks i needed the laugh this morning
580smile.gif

Aug 17, 2006 at 3:32 PM Post #32 of 60
Quote:

So I was thinking, what is another reasonable portable can that I can find in white/grey/silver?

2 non-iem canal phones that won't mess up her hair, or her style, and are highly portable and don't have the discomfort factor that some folks find with iems:
Senn CX300 in silver (or black)
AT CK7 in aluminum (i may be sellling my pair - gotta thin the herd....)

Aug 17, 2006 at 3:34 PM Post #33 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by feh1325
i think the px100 should be good enough

but the cans don't make the girl, the girl makes the cans

...headphone-wise speaking

Hey, you made me smile this morning! Thanks!

I agree, PX100W=good sound, good looks. (insert PX100 smile here)

Aug 17, 2006 at 10:56 PM Post #36 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmirza
iBeat_organix_gold_3d_mid.jpg
iBeat_organix_gold_1a_mid.jpg
iBeat_organix_gold_6b_mid.jpg

Wow, that is tacky...

Anyway, as far as style goes, Audio-Technica headphones are hard to beat...

Obviously it was a joke. I think they did away with the price.
This thing is $20K, solid gold with 1 carat in diamonds
blink.gif

Aug 18, 2006 at 12:37 AM Post #37 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa
I'm with plainsong on this one. Completely! Every single word she written in this thread I completely agree with.
Those Audio Technicas are bigger and less portable, the white px100s suite the ipod better.

LOL - can you imagine if a guy spray painted your gift before giving it to you?? UGH!

I mean, dying your own Sennheiser pads is one thing, but receiving a spray painted gift ... that's got to be a in a book of things not to do.
smily_headphones1.gif

As for headphone headband, that's kind of style thing will vary from location to location. Here it's a non-issue. Elsewhere it may be an issue. Sennheiser does have streetstyle headbands though, and there''s always the es7 or iGrado. But nej nej nej to the spraypainting, and of px100's aren't cool, I can't see how Kosses would be.

At least there's some good sounding stuff here even in the cool category.
smily_headphones1.gif
Maybe we need something like The Cool Wall in Top Gear. There would be Seriously Uncool, Uncool, Cool, Subzero, and the Audio Technica fridge.

Aug 18, 2006 at 2:58 AM Post #38 of 60
Why doesn't the white ES7 come with grey pleather like the K27i? Oh well, I guess they couldn't go full bore. Someone needs to make white pleather (fake sheep skin, a la Ultrasone Edition 7).

That would be cool.

Spraypaint and a present. I don't think so.

Aug 18, 2006 at 3:52 AM Post #40 of 60
One issue I've heard about the ATH-ES7 is that the ear cups only pivot around one way. So if you take them off and rest them around your neck, the shiny outside of the cups pivot to rest on your shoulders, which can cause scratches since its a shiny, delicate finish. Just something to think about.

Aug 18, 2006 at 5:50 AM Post #41 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by facelvega
Coach? Loius Vuitton? Gotta go with Carl here: Audio Technica ATH-ES7. Forget how they sound, look at 'em. (did I just say that on Head-fi?)

Coach? Loius Vuitton? Forget about headphones... Get the heck out of there man!
plainface.gif

haha, jk.

Aug 19, 2006 at 5:21 AM Post #42 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingo
Coach? Loius Vuitton? Forget about headphones... Get the heck out of there man!
plainface.gif

haha, jk.

ha ha, well guess what I got for our anniversary, a bottle (750mL) of Johnny Walker Blue Label (~$170). Excellent scotch. Got a bottle when I graduated from college and loved every sip of it. Now I have a new one!

Well it turns out she thinks the iPod buds are the best (small, not visible), and she refuses "more headphones". So I guess this thread can be put to rest...though it was a good exercise.

Here I am annoyed that she wants to listen over terrible headphones......strange. Oh well at least I am drinking top shelf scotch! mmm scotch. Duggeh, where is the love? Put down that gin and grab a bottle of JW!

Aug 19, 2006 at 5:31 AM Post #43 of 60
very interesting, there's an artist out there trying to do gender reversal on objects, and the two that the artist chose to turn "female" was a PC case, and...

thumb_rosa_hodetelefon3.jpg
thumb_rosa_hodetelefon2.jpg
thumb_rosa_hodetelefon1.jpg

I had no idea big honkin' cans were male oriented to that extent. Maybe it's the tie in with DJs? Who knows.

Aug 19, 2006 at 5:45 AM Post #44 of 60
Quote:

ha ha, well guess what I got for our anniversary, a bottle (750mL) of Johnny Walker Blue Label (~$170). Excellent scotch. Got a bottle when I graduated from college and loved every sip of it. Now I have a new one!

Well it turns out she thinks the iPod buds are the best (small, not visible), and she refuses "more headphones". So I guess this thread can be put to rest...though it was a good exercise.

Here I am annoyed that she wants to listen over terrible headphones......strange. Oh well at least I am drinking top shelf scotch! mmm scotch. Duggeh, where is the love? Put down that gin and grab a bottle of JW!

Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pease don't remind me. I've got a bottle of Bowemore 17year old Single Malt in my cupboard and I don't drink anymore!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 19, 2006 at 5:47 AM Post #45 of 60
Yikes... I can't do scotch... even expensive stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back