"Girly" KSC-35/75
Aug 19, 2006 at 6:52 AM Post #46 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingo
Yikes... I can't do scotch... even expensive stuff.

My response to you is read your own sig!
very_evil_smiley.gif

listen-woman-b.jpg

A random girls reaction to you not liking scotch!

Aug 20, 2006 at 5:19 AM Post #47 of 60
WE'RE BACK IN BUSINESS!!

She confessed to me at dinner tonight, that she didn't like the iPod buds, because they are uncomfortable for her ears. She is now using my KSC35/75 hybrids. Apparently the comfort increase was worth the color clash (she actually busted out some worthless clip ons that came with her old Lyra). I was like "HELL NO". So maybe I'll have to find something small and more user friendly. She is like me apparently, I can stand anything in my ear, so all buds and IEM's are out. She did say the PX100 (and PX200 to a smaller degree) were ugly, and thought the AKG's were too big.

For $hit's and giggles, I am going to show her a pic of the iGrado's, see what she thinks!!

(I am serious!)

Aug 20, 2006 at 5:42 AM Post #48 of 60
...Just to be on the safe side, don't show it to her that night...you can't screw up the romantic setting yet
tongue.gif

Aug 20, 2006 at 5:48 AM Post #49 of 60
found a pic of what you get when you swap drivers from the portapro to the ksc75 and vice versa. they both look happier, don't you think?

IMG_00044.JPG

Aug 20, 2006 at 8:10 AM Post #50 of 60
IMO nothing can make the KSC75 happy. It is simply one of the ugliest things ever created. At least the clips are ok...oh wait they are ugly too (what is with the metal 'bead'??).

Aug 20, 2006 at 10:21 AM Post #51 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain
For $hit's and giggles, I am going to show her a pic of the iGrado's, see what she thinks!!

(I am serious!)

Got a videocam? Oh would I love to see her face at that moment.

Aug 20, 2006 at 1:56 PM Post #52 of 60
You keep mentioning KSC35/75. I think Koss still sells the KSC35 on their website ~$29 Koss KSC35

IMO a better buy than the PX100 and no head band. Slightly better sound then the KSC75 no inline switches or volume control.

Good Luck!

Aug 20, 2006 at 7:36 PM Post #54 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by DobsOnly
You keep mentioning KSC35/75. I think Koss still sells the KSC35 on their website ~$29 Koss KSC35

IMO a better buy than the PX100 and no head band. Slightly better sound then the KSC75 no inline switches or volume control.

Good Luck!

If you read all my posts, you would know that she is currently already using a KSC35 (hybrid, in that it has KSC75 clips and foam...and actually a portaPro wire).
------

Ya apparently over the head is not ideal for her. She thinks it looks goofy. At the same time, she says she never really liked her Sony streetstyles because when she uses a hood in the winter (walking in the rain and what not), they always get snagged. So it almost seems like clip ons might be the only option. Though she used my Koss hybrids for a while last night, said they were pretty good.

So I showed her the iGrado's and her response was, "I already told you those are ugly!". I quickly remembered showing them to her, when people first found the photo, and gave her a brief rundown of all the delays and what came out of it was that ugly thing. I also showed her the iCan's, but we both agreed they are just as ugly as the iGrado. She was annoyed that all these "i" products don't look as good as the iPod.

Thanks for the streetstyle link, I'll look into those.

Aug 20, 2006 at 9:17 PM Post #55 of 60
i agree w/ the white ES7s; the stock pics definitely dont do justice:

avf4_16.jpg

they're my most vain headphones
tongue.gif

at least it doubles as a mirror on the go
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 20, 2006 at 10:05 PM Post #58 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by blinx
i was interested in a pair of ES7's... sure they look amazing but do they sound good?

and how easily do they scratch?

Aug 21, 2006 at 4:31 AM Post #59 of 60
Don't get her the MDR-G74!
Though the sound is pretty decent for a cheap sony can, the fit and comfort IMHO is horrible.

The ES7 attracts fingerprints and scratches very easily just like the shiny plastic iPod surface. I can't comment much on the sound because I've only demoed them for 5 minutes during my visit in Korea, but I could say they had a nice full warm sound.

Good luck
cool.gif

Aug 21, 2006 at 6:29 AM Post #60 of 60
hmm, cant comment on ES7 scratches (yet *knock on wood* ), but yes, it attracts fingerprints just like the iPod does. it does come supplied with a felt cloth (similar for eyeglasses) to shine that baby up right. sound-wise, bangraman does a mini review on em on his blog.

time to hit up invisible shield for a bulk sheet to cover the earcups
smily_headphones1.gif

BTW, those aren't my hands, derek. (neither are those ES7s, mine are black
tongue.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back