Girlsfriends upset at how much i spent on my headphones
Sep 9, 2011 at 9:42 AM Post #4 of 92
lol. Well I wont be dropping her over headphones However, she worries about EVERY penny we spend, like no joke, I make more than substantial. and shes always freaking out.. she counts every **** penny and i work hard for us for her not to. (we didnt have a lot of $) for a long time. been together about 3 years and now we are banking for the most part. even while both of us going to college.

I apperciate it, but i hate it to. kind of want her to go be a girly girl and go on a shopping spree for once lol i'll point her to the lingerie department sometime maybe.

Sep 9, 2011 at 9:57 AM Post #5 of 92

Aw man, my last girlfriend was like that, a real penny counter, used coupons and vouchers everywhere, went to the cheapest gas station for fuel, only bought cheap clothes, jeez total opposite of me, I feel awkward thinking about it, I don't even understand how she managed to save money so well maybe she never ate a restaurant ever, I'm just not brought up like that.

So anyway I never told her what my Audio Technica CK10's cost, but I think she had a hunch and considered me a bit anti-social when I was listening to them in her presence, but I mean come on there's more destructive hobbys than HEADPHONES like secretive gambling or hookers or being heavily in debt on the fanciest car or motorbike your credit card can afford.

The overlooked point is girls are jealous that we give something as futile as AUDIO so much attention.

Sep 9, 2011 at 10:02 AM Post #8 of 92

Quote:
"Baby, all I need to be happy and content in life is you."

This cannot possibly be true.

Quote:
However, she worries about EVERY penny we spend, like no joke, I make more than substantial. and shes always freaking out.. she counts every **** penny and i work hard for us for her not to. 

Sounds like headphones aren't the real issue here...

Sep 9, 2011 at 10:05 AM Post #9 of 92

Quote:
I'm a bit of a penny pincher myself. It's because of that is why I can afford stuff I want.

That's what obsession does to you, makes you anti-social eating cornflakes all day and all of a sudden your wallet is fatter.

Sep 9, 2011 at 11:19 AM Post #10 of 92

Agreed! having friends is far more expensive than my music/hi-fi hobby. A trip to the movie? 20 bucks. Trip to the mall? Another 15 dissappears into a single pretzel and lunch at the foodcourt. That's like $50 a month.

Quote:

That's what obsession does to you, makes you anti-social eating cornflakes all day and all of a sudden your wallet is fatter.

As for my girlfriend, we try to be frugal, but I try to treat her as often as I treat myself. It also helps that most things in audio you can get a good return on, and I never buy new.

Sep 9, 2011 at 3:43 PM Post #13 of 92
I got my DT880 AND LDiii taken from me, not cause they sound really good but because they look really cool. Its all good I get to come over more often and "listen" 
wink.gif

Sep 9, 2011 at 5:01 PM Post #14 of 92
Unless you have a financial commitment to your girlfriend, supporting your child, planning on getting married...etc, how you spend your money is not her concern. This is assuming that after your headphone purchases there's still enough dollars left to entertain her like a girlfriend, movies dinner and the like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back