Girlsfriends upset at how much i spent on my headphones
Sep 9, 2011 at 6:54 PM Post #16 of 92

Quote:
I should not comment but ... for every penny you spend on you do the same on her. If she does not like the arrangement get a new girlfriend (or two).

I'm always trading in my headphones for the next fotm... hmm...

Sep 9, 2011 at 7:04 PM Post #17 of 92

Quote:
Unless you have a financial commitment to your girlfriend, supporting your child, planning on getting married...etc, how you spend your money is not her concern. This is assuming that after your headphone purchases there's still enough dollars left to entertain her like a girlfriend, movies dinner and the like.

He needs a girl with that Southern hospitality.

Sep 9, 2011 at 7:31 PM Post #18 of 92

He needs a girl with that Southern hospitality.

You mean, "ya'all can",

Hell, my wife wants to control my every move. Something about control that makes a woman feel less threatened. Headphones are anti controlling and they hate that. So buy up and ignore.

Sep 9, 2011 at 7:42 PM Post #19 of 92
In a way she's right. In a sane or sensible world, we should be conservative, pack our own lunches and not dine out as much or eat at fast food restaurants. We spend hundreds of dollars each year on McDonalds. So from a conservative point of view, it's too much money for a set of headphones.

That said, if you classify it as a high end hobby, high dollar is normal. Look at people who spend money on their Harley Davidson motor bikes. And those bikes won't last more than 20 years if riding on them all the time maybe. On the flip side of the argument, a good set of headphones will last at least a generation or longer. I bought a set of AKG headphones for a few hundred dollars and they will give me sonic bliss for a long time. Arguably, it's high quality with longevity. In that regard, it's worth it.

However, if one keeps buying expensive headphones every year, that may be economically foolish. I'm done with headphones and pretty much halted my headphone hobby and expect my headphones to last many years, so for me, it's money well spent.

Sep 9, 2011 at 7:50 PM Post #20 of 92
Shes a good girl, and i drop about 10k on her every year. we do spend alot of coin, but she thinks headphones are just stupid

:xf_mad: she even listened to them and said
HEADPHONES ARE HEADPHONES. and pulled out her $10 pair of ear buds with gummy bears on them.

guess she wins, cant fight a gummybear

Sep 9, 2011 at 10:37 PM Post #22 of 92
If I were you, I would secretly sell her stuff on ebay.

Then next time she gives you a hard time about you buying audio gear.

Just say, "It's ok because I just made $500 bucks selling your stuff on ebay."

Sep 9, 2011 at 10:52 PM Post #24 of 92
I just recently broke up with my girlfriend that I had for a year and a half. She always hated how much money I spent on my hobbies. So I started hating HER lol. Ugh, I can't believe I lasted as long as I did with that b*tch...

Anyway, the girl I'm seeing now loves that I'm into headphones. She doesn't mind that I spend a lot of money on headphones and computer components, she just likes that I can fix hers whenever it's on the fritz 
rolleyes.gif

Sep 9, 2011 at 11:00 PM Post #25 of 92
well I can't relate, where I'm from women dare not say a word about what a guy like me does with his money. I like my music, my headphones, my tequila, going to gigs, and if there's anything left....maybe I'll take her out. If she dumps me, there is always hookers
tongue.gif

Sep 9, 2011 at 11:04 PM Post #26 of 92
Not quite the same since it's my wife not girlfriend but she HATED my customs. She was pissed about them for 10 months. Actually she was angry until last week when I spent $18k on two new ATVs. She hasn't mentioned the customs since then.

I did hear "Do you even know how to drive one of those?".. "Don't worry. I have life insurance"

Sep 9, 2011 at 11:24 PM Post #27 of 92
Lol.

her computer crashed recently and i had to save it, i just copied her hard drive over using a enclosure/ etc flashing it. and i found a folder on her laptop as i was copying over ... *Wedding* it was titled. My favorite animal is a penguin, etc.. she had like 20 pictures of penguin wedding cakes, like 30-40 pictures of wedding dresses, beaches, scenes, honeymoon beds/rooms etc...

ruh roh. we are to young to get married. im not saying anything to her. but its kind of funny, i am not even thinking about marriage yet. (2 years or so been together) we are both freshman in college, been friends for 5 years. For those of you who are married, when was the ideal time for you?

Sep 9, 2011 at 11:33 PM Post #28 of 92
My wife and I got married a year after we graduated college. We were both 22 which is probably way too young. The smart thing we did was wait a little over 10 years to start having kids. It sometimes feels odd to be in my forties and have my eldest be under 10 but we spent a long time growing up and together this way.. We have been married 20 years now and frankly we will never be apart.

And for the record, one of the ATVs was for her. See? I am not uncaring!

Sep 10, 2011 at 12:15 AM Post #29 of 92
Dump the girlfriend in favor of a series of meaningless short-term relationships.

Buy a motorcycle and hang around dive bars - it helps.

Get a cat or dog if you want a faithful companion.

Sep 10, 2011 at 12:19 AM Post #30 of 92
I've had short meaningless relationships with headphones, does that count? Waitaminnit...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back