Girlfriends
Jan 7, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #76 of 92
Dated several young ladies for anywhere from 10 months to 2 years since I got into audiofoolin' around, and I've yet to find one that truly gets it. The last girl that I dated I ended up living with for about a year, and although I made every attempt to involve her, she just never really got into it. (Even bought her a pair of HD 25-ii in Adidas blue... which she never used a single time, and which I thusly reappropriated upon inviting her to find another place to live). Part of it is almost certainly the fact that my musical tastes are definitely not the norm (primarily metal, with a lot of small string ensembles and trip-hop when the mood strikes), but even when listening to music that my various GFs have liked, it seemed like they still just thought the whole endeavor was crazy. 

What makes this all Alanis-Morrisette-ironic is that both my mom and my sister (who is absolutely stunningly beautiful, much to my chagrin) are really into audio as a result of my deep interest. My sister is in the process of buying my old 5-channel setup (Onix Rockets in Rosewood, gorgeous), and she regularly runs around Nashville wearing the HD 25-ii that I got her, giving not a damn about what anybody thinks about it. So I can interest my family in the awesomeness of getting this involved with your music, but not the girls I date. Boo berries. 

If anybody wants to point me in the direction of an intelligent, attractive, well-spoken and open-minded young lady who is neither medicated nor in need of medication and would enjoy a modest obsession (ha!) with music, I'll sign up!! Where are those Russian webpages, again? :wink:

Jan 7, 2013 at 1:04 AM Post #77 of 92
somehow she believed that my D7k and hd800 are 150bucks stuff....and there is peace at home.
biggrin.gif

but she jus hates all the cablessssssssssssssssssssssssssss...
" y dun u tie them up neatly...."  
blink.gif

Jan 7, 2013 at 3:05 AM Post #79 of 92
I keep my D7000s at work. The GF has not seen them yet. The wood would probably set off all of her 'that was expensive, wasn't it?' alarms. x.x Hopefully when the time comes I can just point to the 'Made in China' stamp or whatever is on it to defuse the situation. ^^

Jan 10, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #85 of 92
What do you do when you are running out of spaces to hide the boxes? <.<

Jan 10, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #86 of 92
That's when you're supposed to be reusing the boxes to ship out the stuff that you're in theory selling to pay for the new stuff coming in.

Jan 13, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #87 of 92
Quote:
Kirosia's ideal wifey

^ yes, this.  I don't think I've ever fallen for a "waifu" as hard as Alice; she's perfect.

That said I've been single for about 2.5 years now :/ .  On the brightside, though, at the rate I'm going I'll reach some kind of Head-Fi end-game before getting involved with anyone again, hopefully avoiding these disputes some of you all have. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back