Girlfriend is looking for headphones
Dec 19, 2012 at 10:14 AM Post #16 of 30
If she's going to be using them unamped I would personally strongly recommend the Sennheiser Momentum they are detailed and have plenty of bass. In addition others seem to say they sound quite a bit like the HD600. 

Dec 20, 2012 at 9:21 AM Post #21 of 30
Quote:

HE-400 effect on le wife.

You are not the same as the guy in the photo... So if you give those to your wife she is going to cheat on you?! >|:D

Dec 20, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #22 of 30
I actually do find the newer gen of Sennheiser sounded quite difference from the older gen. HD600/650 both have a more balanced and a lil dark sound on treb/mid/bass, while the newer gen, like Amperior/Momentum/558/598/700/800 has a very bright mids which make the treb/bass kind of went behind, with a big but empty soundstage.

Since balance is my personal preference I would not recommend 558 over 600.

Dec 20, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #23 of 30
Quote:
M-Audio Q40 they're like $130-$180, I think. They were recommended to me by a very very reliable source. I'd actually like to see what the source would upgrade from the Q40s. You know something a little more expensive that might sound a little better. If I get an answer Ill post again. I'm into dark headphones with more bass than my hd598s, so he said Q40s. I listen to electronic/classical.

I would too reccommend these, but I have them and their build quality is abysmal. Not on the surface, but the cable connections and the cable itself all went within 4-6 months. Amazing sound, horrible build quality. Although some people don't have a problem? (Malveaux)

Dec 21, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #26 of 30
I used to own ATH M50. They are fatiguing for long listening sessions (mostly because of strong clapping force) and the sound is just too analytical - it's a monitoring hf after all. 

Feb 5, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #28 of 30
Quote:
AKG K167
Sennheiser HD25/Amperior
Sennheiser Momentum
ATH M-50

I know from those that theyve got good bass.

I currently own a pair of HD25, but I wouldnt recommend them for your GF because the clamping force will probably annoy her.

It really shouldn't: the 25s are fully adjustable and you can set the clamping force using a combination of pod position (lower is less clamping) and the band (less split is less clamp.) Yes, it is idiotic that Sennheiser don't include an instruction leaflet - I only found this out because of some comments a TV news sound guy made on a blog.

Oct 19, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #29 of 30
  I would too reccommend these, but I have them and their build quality is abysmal. Not on the surface, but the cable connections and the cable itself all went within 4-6 months. Amazing sound, horrible build quality. Although some people don't have a problem? (Malveaux)

Get some Aurum cables and you'd be good to go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back