Getting my HD 650s in a few days! So excited! What's the best way for me to burn them in?
Jan 23, 2011 at 4:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

junebug654

Head-Fier
I just ordered a pair of the HD 650s with a Fiio e7/e9 combo and I'm just staring at my mailbox like a hawk until it arrives.  When it does what do you guys recommend as a good way to burn them in.  I don't want to spend hundreds of hours doing so, but maybe like 20-30 hours.  Does it matter the type of music I play during the burn in stage?  Should I be playing pink noise?  And at what volume, because I've heard people say that during the first hours with headphones you should only play at about 20-25% of max volume to let the headphones get properly loosened without any problems.  Any truth to this?

Jan 23, 2011 at 5:00 AM Post #3 of 7
I suggest you make a playlist hitting most of the genres your going to listen to and loop it when your not using them. I did this for 2 weeks straight and the sound didn't finish changing for another 2 weeks of usage later... These cans take a while... The cream of these cans is the mids, i find the high's slightly lacking on these cans, but, unlike many here i feel the bass is just enough. You should be enjoying these cans right out of the box, the music just gets sweeter with age...

Jan 23, 2011 at 5:12 AM Post #4 of 7
What are you doing when you get a new car :). You will drive it. First carefully and then testing the opportunities of the car :). And the same has to be done with headphones IMO. Because of the fact that I listen to my headphones really every day, I cannot say if there is a significant change in the sound with or without burn in. But it would be interesting if you hear some differences between the brand new HD650 and the HD650 after burned in.. 

Jan 23, 2011 at 8:14 AM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
How about just listening, and enjoying them at safe levels? Let them burn in naturally over time and allow your ears to adjust to the sound.

this. put them on your head and listen to something. IF burn in is real it'll happen on your head, and if its not then no harm done. either way you get to actually use the really nice pair of cans you just bought, which should be the goal.

Jan 23, 2011 at 8:18 AM Post #7 of 7

Quote:
Quote:
How about just listening, and enjoying them at safe levels? Let them burn in naturally over time and allow your ears to adjust to the sound.

this. put them on your head and listen to something. IF burn in is real it'll happen on your head, and if its not then no harm done. either way you get to actually use the really nice pair of cans you just bought, which should be the goal.

because you don't actually use them if you burn them in besides the normal usage?
blink.gif

This discussion is as old as this forum is probably...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back